Author Topic: New CH Pro Pedals  (Read 2058 times)

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
      • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
New CH Pro Pedals
« on: March 17, 2006, 09:18:55 PM »
Anyone have any tips to ease the transition from twisty to pedals ??  My pro pedals arrived today , and im giving it a go .  I cant believe the control you have with them , even thou i just started , there are slips and different things that are hard (if not inpossible ) to do with a twisty . Any tips or hints appreciated .  im gunna suck more than usuall for quite some time lol       38maw

Offline daMIG

• Copper Member
New CH Pro Pedals
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 09:26:30 PM »
Congrats, and Enjoy! I just upgraded, and I would be lying if I told you that I made the change overnight. I still forget to use em in the heat of battle!  lol. I did find that they are sensitive to calibration, and I do not use them for brakes (yet).

38ruk, what really helped for me was to go into the TA and follow someone around, never losing sight, and think of the RudderPedals all of the time...

Oh, and 1 other thing SILAT told me, I dont put my big size 13's right on the whole pedal, rather,,, use toes/ball of feet. It starts making sence.. just dont forget, it can be deadly! lol

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
New CH Pro Pedals
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 09:31:32 PM »
it takes a good month or 2 to really get used to them ... somedays im right on super smooth.... other days  im just stuck on stupid and i catch myself with offset feet/ peds ... may as well leave the flaps down.

Youve seen my Jug on peds it does some sweet stuff now :)
 spiral climb is really easy too .. its really a huge adv over my old twisty stick.

fly with combat trim off in most rides now. and when things get to ruff just leave them centered ... you'll see what i mean .. (beware of the floppity jug when you over correct at the wrong time its a handfull)
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
New CH Pro Pedals
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2006, 09:42:44 PM »
Just practice, before long its like 2nd nature. Love the CH stuff.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
      • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
New CH Pro Pedals
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2006, 10:33:12 PM »
THX for the suggestions guys , It like a whole new game now hehe .   If anyone ever gets bored with the game i suggest making the twisty / pedal switch , it wont be boring at all .

Offline Kurt

• Silver Member
      • http://www.clowns-of-death.com
New CH Pro Pedals
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2006, 10:38:30 PM »
I've had mine for AGES and love them... The biggest warning I can give you is to make sure that you just let them neutralize after you kick in some rudder... I find that I have a habit of riding on which ever pedal I last used, meaning that I'm pushing like 25% right rudder... And Then next time I go to shoot someone nothing goes where I expect it to! :eek:

Other than that, just get a feel for them, don't OVER use them.  They are handy as hell for taxiing, runway keeping, slipping the approach, and tweaking a shot.

MOST OF ALL, the level of control you can get in a bomber gun is FANTASTIC... You are working the stick to run the gun, and making HUGE turns with the rudder pedals... I get great results like that...

Also very handy in vehicles since you can man the guns and easily steer the vehicle.

Welcome to the big leagues!
--Kurt
Supreme Exalted Grand Pooh-bah Clown
Clowns of Death <Now Defunct>
'A pair of jokers beats a pair of aces'

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
New CH Pro Pedals
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2006, 03:35:18 AM »
I find driving around in gvs and flying in bombers, that pedals make it easier.  As far as using them to fly, well, I still suck after 1 and a half months.  My hit percentage droped from 10 to 2 and then in 2 weeks back up to 5 %.  :)  Still not where I was before pedals, but it's really fun with pedals.
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
New CH Pro Pedals
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2006, 07:59:47 AM »
As mentioned don't use your whole foot.  I rest the balls of my feet just above the bottom of the pedal so they are "caught" by the heel rest at the base of the pedal.

If you want it to make sense...go spend $49 on a flying lesson and try your hand at taxiing on your way in/out from the runway.

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
New CH Pro Pedals
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2006, 08:54:20 AM »
I never could get good with the pedals.  My 'foot/eye' co-ordination is terrible.

Offline Kurt

• Silver Member
      • http://www.clowns-of-death.com
New CH Pro Pedals
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2006, 09:33:02 AM »
Originally posted by Golfer
I rest the balls of my feet just above the bottom of the pedal so they are "caught" by the heel rest at the base of the pedal.

I do the same thing, The only time my whole foot is on the pedal is to use the brakes... And like golfer, thats something I learned in real planes... I suppose that might not be obvious to someone who has never done it.

Another big hint that no one has mentioned yet, is don't try to use them with your shoes on... This way you just keep a toe on each one and make little adjustements.
--Kurt
Supreme Exalted Grand Pooh-bah Clown
Clowns of Death <Now Defunct>
'A pair of jokers beats a pair of aces'

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
New CH Pro Pedals
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2006, 09:54:36 AM »
shoot the guys off line and go to the DA. worked for me.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline toon

• Nickel Member
New CH Pro Pedals
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2006, 10:07:09 AM »
kurt has a great point.fly barefooted...you'll never go back to shoes.as far as pointers...they've all been said..its just a matter of time.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
New CH Pro Pedals
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2006, 10:28:09 AM »
Originally posted by Kurt

Another big hint that no one has mentioned yet, is don't try to use them with your shoes on... This way you just keep a toe on each one and make little adjustements.

I have a pair of moccasins I fly in. I call them my flight boots. :)
I use the old CH pedals so you have to have your feet firmly planted on them as they pivot instead of slide.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
New CH Pro Pedals
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2006, 11:57:44 AM »
one of my early tricks is to sit on the runway in outside view
move your rudder back and forth .. get used to the location of 5- 35 % deflection, thats were i spend most of my time for lining up shots .  It worked really good in my FA days ...  i spent 2 hrs doing that with my "Roopeds" and it really helped .
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
New CH Pro Pedals
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2006, 12:29:46 PM »
I wear socks or play in bare feet.  No shoes as well.

Sure is amazing to see how things evolve from just a regular sidewinder joystick in 1994.