Author Topic: Petition to return the DA to a no killshooter arena.  (Read 2284 times)

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
Petition to return the DA to a no killshooter arena.
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2006, 03:49:21 PM »
Originally posted by hitech
Imagin that , It is being used as intended.

HiTech

Well, I guess that's the be all and end all for anyone who ever argued furballers should migrate to the DA.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Creton

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2006, 03:58:02 PM »

HiTech

:aok  I bet you had to think about that response.
I'm sure that was meant as a constructive comment.
As you once said"It's my house"
True but remember ,who helps you to keep the lights on.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 05:54:50 PM by Creton »

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2006, 04:08:36 PM »

HiTech

Imagine that.  No one cared what the intent was until we asked for help.

Thats just being stuborn.  Was it really intented to be empty?  Does it really matter what the intent was?  It was used by people for years in a different way.  People that pay you every month.  

You only figured out it was not used as it was intented to be after we asked for help?  I really fail to see your reasoning here.  How would it hurt HT (meaning the company and not individual egos) if you changed it back?
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2006, 07:34:49 PM »
Dedalos: You are way off base as to why things transpired, Think of it much more as I tolerated the behavior in the DA by you and others untill it went overboard.

Your issue is not realy with the DA, but wrather the style of game play you desire.

HiTech

Offline stickpig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2006, 07:44:09 PM »
Funny thing about all this is that a simple MOTD like the TA has was the original request way back when. I bet if that was done the DA would have not gotton off track the way it did. Seems like it would have been a simple thing to do.

Squads used to train in the DA and had a lot of good people in there to 1 vs 1 with....no appointment needed.

Now its a ghost town.  

Anyway just my thoughts.....Its HTC's call so be it

Just seems a waste of a good areana
Theyll only give you one chance, Better get it right first time. And the game youre playing
If you lose you gotta pay, If you make just one wrong move Youll get blown away
Expect no mercy  <Nazareth>

"Stay in the manned ack... When your in a plane you are a danger to the ground"  <Norad>

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2006, 10:03:04 PM »
My take is, on the eighth day Hitech created AH MA. He intended us to use it to its fullest. Some guys bombing, some guys furballing, some guys roping, some guys picking. Just as long as the majority of the subscribers are in that world, making use on the massive online experience.

We complain in game and on the forums to one another, about eachother. When in reality its THAT drama that keeps us coming back. It isnt the art, the fights, the physics. You could get that in an online game. Its the mass of folks in a full arena some working together, some mildly hostile, that pumps us up and keeps us paying that 14.99 a month.

(end with standard South Park style freaky ending...roll credits)

~AoM~

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2006, 10:36:48 PM »
stickpig: Been there done that motd thing in the training arena. Didn't help the situation there.

Offline stickpig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2006, 07:07:42 AM »
Rgr That...... Must have been awhile back. I know in the last 6 months I saw many requests for a MOTD. (I made a couple myself) But like I said, Its your areana. I wish it was the way it used to be, but its your call. No worries.
Theyll only give you one chance, Better get it right first time. And the game youre playing
If you lose you gotta pay, If you make just one wrong move Youll get blown away
Expect no mercy  <Nazareth>

"Stay in the manned ack... When your in a plane you are a danger to the ground"  <Norad>

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2006, 07:08:28 AM »
hitech the only thing I'll add is that although you intended the DA for one thing, it became something else. For awhile there it took on a life of it's own and was actually a viable arena that some preferred to other arenas. Many nights you'd find more people in there than in the CT, TA and SEA. It was as many people in here would say a "furball" arena. It was a place to escape from the "war" going on in the MA and have some mindless fun. The days of taking someone to the DA to settle a dispute are long gone. And with the old settings, you could still set up a meeting if you wanted too at an empty base(s) and do whatever. Basically you had everything you thought the DA was intended for, and a lot more. The old DA had so much potential to be a fun place to fly. Like most said, all it needed was a few mods to keep the bad apples in check. I really wish you'd reconsider. Just because something doesn't end up as you intended doesn't mean it's a bad thing. I for one found the old DA the main reason I logged in every night. And I know more than a few others who did as well. Did it cause me to quit, no. But it did take some of the fun outta the game for me.
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2006, 09:42:12 AM »
Dedalos: You are way off base as to why things transpired, Think of it much more as I tolerated the behavior in the DA by you and others untill it went overboard.

Your issue is not realy with the DA, but wrather the style of game play you desire.

HiTech

You tolerated my behavior in the DA:confused:   What behavior might that be?  Having fun? Helping others?  Sory about that.  You took the fun out and if helping others is a problem, I wont do it again.

Yes my issue is the game play I desire.  What else could it be? There was a game play I liked in there and paid you for, and you took it away.

You still did not answer my question though.  What would be the problem if you put it back the way it was?  There were complains then and there are complains now, so what is the difference?
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline shiningpathb4me

• Copper Member
Would it be difficult to have another . . .
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2006, 11:30:03 AM »
arena where killshooter was turned off? Or would there be maintenance issues, resources, etc that would make that undesireable? I think for dueling purposes the current setting is probably the best.  I can see why the free-for-all people would want it changed back. My only interest is in getting a place where we can do GV testing while talking to each other on VOX. Sort of like a classroom atmosphere  . . .I finally got h2h working, but within 1 min of having my own arena, the class was invaded by a sociopath who interrupted the entire thing before we could even get it going. Of course one could easily disrupt things in the DA, and, as I recall, that has happened in the past. Maybe I should use a map w/ so many bases that the delinquent can't find us, or, has to drive so far to get to us that he moves on to annoy someone else. (Sorry for thinking out loud) :)

Offline JMFJ

• Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2006, 04:09:25 PM »
Who were all these people complaining in the first place, I personally only heard someone complain about the vulching and otherwise unnecessary behavior in the DA 1 time.

I used to go there all the time, to warm up before i'd go in the MA or to show a squaddie a trick i learned, or just to have a free for all amongst the squad.

But now you can't have a free for all when there are two sides.

The DA has been basically a ghost town since the change.

So it's HITech's choice but I think the few problems that were occuring were severely embelished.

JMFJ

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2006, 08:32:32 AM »
Originally posted by JMFJ
...or just to have a free for all...
thats pretty much what it was at the end.... nowhere near a duel ing arena.
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline ClevMan

• Copper Member
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2006, 09:48:38 AM »
HiTech, if I may, let me give an example of a situation that occured a month or so ago.  My squad, The Air Raiders, is up to have their monthly squad competition (which, at the time, was going to be a GV battle).  A month or so previous to that, my squad CO, Lambo, and I went into the tanking section to check out the layout of the DA TT for the competition.  It was perfect.

Well, we went in there the night before the comptetion and, of course, killshooter had been turned on.  The spawns into the TT were both Bishop, I believe.  Thus, the point of having a GV battle was moot.

I guess my question is, can the TT be set to two different countries spawning into it, or would that be more trouble than it's worth?  We wound up not doing the GV battle, in hopes Killshooter would be turned off.  Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks and

Offline Wannab

• Zinc Member
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2006, 10:26:27 AM »
1 Vote Change it back
we like to do KOTH and Squad oriented Stuff in the DA now WE CANT
id Really like to see it get changed for that fact alone
Wannab