Author Topic: New 45ACP handgun for the US military.  (Read 1457 times)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
New 45ACP handgun for the US military.
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2006, 05:58:22 PM »
Originally posted by GlacierGirl
hate to burst your bubble guys but the military already has a 45 its called Socom .45 or MkII its the pistol of the navy seals.

http://www.hkpro.com/socomcan.jpg

Oh yes and they are already looking at a new rifle too, the G36 by HK as well

http://www.airsoftguns.cz/img/article/g36c_m/12.jpg

The "New USP" is a "Defensive weapon".  The SOCOM Mk.23 (NOT the Mk. II you proclaim)  is an "Offensive weapon".  Now go home and get yer shine box.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline -aper-

• Nickel Member
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2006, 07:43:28 PM »
So if you look at this ad - which gun would you buy ?

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2006, 08:08:39 PM »
"It will without question outreach and outpunch any issue carbine in service today."

So should just about any other rifle.

The smart military doesn't use one weapon for all jobs.  The advantage the US army had back in the '40's wasn't the Garand all by itself; it was the fact that it had a superb weapon for all roles--Garands, Thompsons, BAR's, M1 Carbines, and so on.  

When the Army got cheap and tried to replace them with "one size fits all" weapons (starting with the M-14), that's when things began a downhill slide.

J_A_B

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2006, 09:05:49 PM »
Originally posted by -aper-

At those prices.....all of them.  Yeah I know it's a very old add but still I can dream.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2006, 09:44:45 PM »

The third from the top in the left column is demonstrated to fire three bullets in 6 seconds and hit a moving target at 80 yards two out of three times.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2006, 10:58:47 PM »

In case anyone missed the pic the first time.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2006, 12:06:37 AM »
Moot, did you get the point of that particular advert?
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2006, 12:49:27 AM »
The third from the top in the left column is demonstrated to fire three bullets in 6 seconds and hit a moving target at 80 yards two out of three times.

I could make those shots if they gave me the same magic bullets.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2006, 08:16:45 AM »
most people could make 3 shots in 7 seconds on a target that was only 70-80 yards away with any of the rifles shown.  probly eaisiest with the semi autos or the low rcoiling flat shooting carcano tho.

The best deals there are the first two battle rifles and the Colt 45 1917 revolver and the useless but fun M1 carbine.

my guess is that the add is from the early 60's when you could buy semi auto 20mm cannons for about $100

lazs

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2006, 10:28:38 AM »
The carcano got a bad rap... from the consiparacy theory spinners.

It's actually very much like the Spanish small ring mauser I have... but with better sights. The action is fast and smooth.. were it not for the oddball ammo it requires I'd probably have one.

http://www.surplusrifle.com/shooting2005/carcano9141/index.asp

The shots Oswald allegedly made with one were not even in the high order of difficulty... for a skilled rifleman. Question remains.. was he a practised rifleman, used to shooting downhill at moving targets with icewater in his veins?

Or just lucky?

I tried 'shooting rest' shots with my Spanish Mauser.. after running back from the 100 yard target (ok, a fast old man shuffle) to get my heart rate up.. yup.. I could get the shots off that fast, but my accuracy did suffer.. 10" group instead of the usual 3" group that rifle shoots.

All this just brings up more questions.. not any answers beyond 'it's not impossible shooting' and the carcano is not the POS the spinners would have you to believe.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2006, 11:51:26 AM »
Oswald did not shoot Kennedy.  He definately tried, but he didn't get the kill.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2006, 12:13:11 PM »
I'm on autopilot half the time when I post here, so it probably went over my head; I'll exchange the right answer to your question vs. the biochemstry query of your choice.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2006, 02:52:43 PM »
Originally posted by lasersailor184
Oswald did not shoot Kennedy.  He definately tried, but he didn't get the kill.

At the risk of opening the premier example of a conspiracy theorists wet dream, your proof of that is?
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline -aper-

• Nickel Member
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2006, 11:02:02 PM »
Originally posted by Hangtime
Question remains.. was he a practised rifleman, used to shooting downhill at moving targets with icewater in his veins?

If you look at the add (the add is from the magazine which was according to official version found in Oswalds place) you can see that Oswald could get a good deal by ordering a box of 6.5 ammo (130 rounds in the box) for only $7.88
The rifle was purchased without ammo (confirmed by a seller).
Though the official version says Oswald was practicing alot with his new toy.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2006, 10:28:12 AM »
I can't say that Oswald did the shooting that killed JFK or not.

I can only say that it was well within the range of possibilty for him to do so and no he did shoot and he did get caught and his rifle fired the bullets and there was nothing too unusual about the shooting.

lack of any other proof makes me happy with saying he most likely did it.   I will be glad to change my opinion if any real evidence to the contrary is ever revealed.  

lazs