Author Topic: 38 Pilot Asks,how Do U Get Spit Off Tail?  (Read 1754 times)

Offline LEDPIG

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
38 Pilot Asks,how Do U Get Spit Off Tail?
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2006, 02:20:04 PM »
Huge Megadeth fan too by the way Mustaine. Playing metal guitar is my other favorite hobby!:aok
S.A.P.P. member (armed and lubricated)

Providing bait for other SAPP pilots since 2005

Formerly Leadpig...Proud to be one of the PNG'd...
Skuzzyfied!

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2006, 02:26:23 PM »
cool :aok i play but really havent for a few years... need to get back into it.

how long you been playing?
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2006, 02:30:13 PM »
Originally posted by Mustaine
and you call me sick :eek: :rofl :lol

From a previous thread....

Looking at my wet sticky hand...."How do ya count these Bastages?"

:huh

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2006, 02:30:40 PM »
Well, you can't shake a Spit. That's the simple truth.

once again, you must be joking?  i see no where in that statement about the pilot, just the plane.

later in another post you talk about the pilot.  
People just love to emphasize the "ACM" bit and leave the "inferior pilot" bit out, as if it doesn't exist.

sorry, but i have shaken better pilots than me, ive also died to them.  but to say "you cant shake a spit. thats the simple truth" is BS.  one can do, do it frequently.  

then its the "inferior pilot" crap.  whatever.  ive read enough crap on this board talking about "38 is such a big plane", "it doesnt turn", "3000 lb aircraft out manuvered by a smaller lighter bird"....yada yada yada.

when i get a 38G to out manuver a smaller lighter plane, take your pick of them, i dont give rats behind of who is flying it.  and yes, ive got a few better ones, and ive had my butt handed to me by noobs.
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2006, 02:33:19 PM »
38's are horrible and cannot shake the worst of planes off their 6's.  Especially 109's.

:D

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2006, 02:44:14 PM »
Originally posted by AWMac
i don't know whats scarier, that you knew how a ghey  fakes an orgasm, or that you posted it :rofl :O :rofl
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[

Offline -pjk--

• Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2006, 02:49:01 PM »
LEDPIG, you did not told which p38 you are  flying..
I can understand you cannot outclimb/zoom spit 16 in G, but in J and L you should do it about ez flying B&Z and staying over 10K. Spit 16 has really good climb under 10K, but that thing is "slow" if you go level in J/L. Yes, it makes you runner/escaper, but it is easiest way to get out of death against spit16;) . High speed climb(about 280-300mph) would take you out of spit easy too.
You need  few more hours to learn the game and taht is it:)
Happy hunting:aok
Ääliö älä lyö ööliä läikkyy!!

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2006, 02:55:55 PM »
Originally posted by Mustaine
i don't know whats scarier, that you knew how a ghey  fakes an orgasm, or that you posted it :rofl :O :rofl

What scares me is that you knew exactly what I said!  And you replied to it! TWICE!!!

:confused: :O :huh

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2006, 02:58:58 PM »
Originally posted by AWMac
What scares me is that you knew exactly what I said!  And you replied to it! TWICE!!!

:confused: :O :huh
it took me a good 1/2 hour to figure it out :rofl yes i have no life and think about AH BBS threads for something to occupy my mind when i am daydreaming.

Offline viper215

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bops.us
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2006, 04:27:15 PM »
Originally posted by Stang
38's are horrible and cannot shake the worst of planes off their 6's.  Especially 109's.

:D

I should come slap you for that one.
- Viper215 - Birds of Prey - Falcon Wing -
               - www.bops.us -

Offline jaxxo

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2006, 04:33:40 PM »
anything is possible and pilots have good and bad days for sure..a few bad sortys and even great pilots get shaken..so yes you can shake a superior pilot/plane off your 6 but the point is not to let them there..i have more trouble with shaking newbs cuz they dont care about overshooting and rely on pure cannons, where as vets are usually more careful and go for the percentage shots, which gives me a small window to pull some watermelon out my bag o tricks :)

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2006, 05:52:57 PM »
My goal this tour was to score 20 kills in each model of the P-38.  The G is a lot tougher to do that in!

The Spit 16 is the single biggest killer of me out there.  They dont seem to do anything wrong, great power, climb, turn and tons of ammo.

Feel free to check my score (Kill Stats) to see what I mean about the Spit 16s mauling me  LOL  (Arena name is Ironchef)

Well ive got a few days left to improve in the G

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2006, 07:21:53 PM »
There is a reason that the La-7 and Spit and Niki are the most used planes, consistantly.  The version of the Spit may change, but whichever the 'best' Spit is will be in the top 2, usage-wise.  

Given equal pilot skill, one of those 3 will beat any other plane in a one v one fairly easily.

Offline Hoarach

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2006, 08:51:52 PM »
Originally posted by LePaul
My goal this tour was to score 20 kills in each model of the P-38.  The G is a lot tougher to do that in!

The Spit 16 is the single biggest killer of me out there.  They dont seem to do anything wrong, great power, climb, turn and tons of ammo.

Feel free to check my score (Kill Stats) to see what I mean about the Spit 16s mauling me  LOL  (Arena name is Ironchef)

Well ive got a few days left to improve in the G

Least you are commited to something.  Couldnt pay me to fly the 38G every sortie aka the "Stevie Wonder Special" and the L to me is just a heavier J and turns less.  I keep myself in the J even though the 475th skins are more in number and look better on the L.  I dont even have 10 kills in the L or 5 kills in the J.

The only real plane that is a problem to me is the spit 16 as you said above.  They are a pain in the arse and being in the J or the L gives up the option to outrun them but when they dive on you it makes things a bit more complicated.  It being the spit 16 and the la7 the most used planes in AH I have pretty good k/d against them especially this month being horrible on me.  Have close to a 4 to 1 k/d against each plane and those 2 planes make up the most kills together with 169 kills out of 1004 kills made up by those 2 planes with the la7 having 7 more kills.

I cant really use this tour as an example as this by far is one of my worst tours so far and last tour I would use for a better example with out of 1428 scalps 250 were made up by those 2 planes and the spit 16 died more with 151 times to me.  Maybe the line between the two planes are starting to even out but I definately fear the spit 16 a little more than I do the la7.

In a 38 wouldnt dare try to outturn it unless the spit 16 is a lot faster than you and wouldnt even thinking about trying to outclimb it unless he has again lot more E so he will overshoot and could get a shot at him.

I find the best thing about the spit 16 to take advantage of is that it is fragile and the shortest burst from a 38 will cause the wing to rip off or the tail to fall off.
Fringe
Nose Art
80th FS "Headhunters"

Secret Association of P38 Pilots

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2006, 09:11:48 PM »
You just wait till our flaps are fixed!:aok