Author Topic: OK enough is enough FIX IT  (Read 2801 times)

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
OK enough is enough
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2006, 07:34:54 PM »

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
OK enough is enough
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2006, 07:48:44 PM »
Originally posted by Guppy35
What kind of speed range AKAK?  As long as the speed stays up the 38 is fine.  What it lost is the slow speed handling it had down low.  I'm only speaking of the 38G cause that's all I fly in the 38s.  I used to be able to hang with the Spits down low and slow.  Now there is no chance, which of course has driven me into Spits again to fight those fights.

I guess what it basically comes down to is that to fly the 38, at least for me, it has to be a speed and alt game now without the low and slow.  Not nearly as fun

Here is the post on the AH Training boards I just made.  The deck fight goes from medium to low speeds.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
OK enough is enough
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2006, 07:59:08 PM »
ok, just watched it, nvr once full flaps.  twice close at end...when you apparently died.   unless film viewer for some reason shows you have some left, but really dont.
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
OK enough is enough
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2006, 08:06:40 PM »
Full flaps deployed at 7:12-7:14,  7:19-7:23, and 7:39-7:59 I just checked.

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
OK enough is enough
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2006, 08:15:59 PM »
P-38J turn radius
Kweassa's 2.06 test with 75% fuel:
514 Feet

MOSQ's 2.07 test with 25% fuel:
598 Feet

By the way, I should point out that kwe's test was with stall limiter on, and full flaps.  MOSQ's was in 'full shake' with 4 notches flap *due to the 5th being bugged.  It looks to me like the 2.06 even with stall limiter, and 1100 lbs of extra fuel can easily out turn the 2.07.  That just doesn't square up with "the P-38 flies like it did before the patch"

Offline navajoboy

• Probation
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.uknightedstates.net
OK enough is enough
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2006, 08:18:52 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
P.U.N.C.T.U.A.T.I.O.N.

you having your period again??
Stovpipe aka Navajo
Uknighted 357th FG - JG26
-+= Foreign Relations Minister =+-
http://www.uknightedstates.net

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
OK enough is enough
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2006, 10:45:11 PM »
Worse; I was sober.

So, from what I gather after searching through the bbs, HTC knows about this bug, they just haven't either fixed it, or released the patch, correct? They could be having trouble nailing down the exact cause, or perhaps they've got it fixed and are working on a few other bugs in the hopes of releasing a patch soon, or maybe this isn't a huge priority with them. I can understand being frustrated, having been screwed in the past by bugs introduced, but coming on here and screaming and *****ing isn't really going to get anything done any faster, is it?
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
OK enough is enough
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2006, 11:45:29 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
Here is the post on the AH Training boards I just made.  The deck fight goes from medium to low speeds.

ack-ack

Different then my 38G fights on the deck :)  Basically it looked like in that bit at the end you used the drag from the flap bug to get that too fast Spit XVI out front.  

That wasn't much of a turn fight compared to what I was used to down in the weeds in the 38G.Riding the edge in a turnfight on the deck was something that was doable.  Now it shakes and shudders and falls out of the sky.

I'm not saying the 38 is useless now.  It just has to be used differently in a fight and that's the part I miss.  I liked going round and round with the Spits and N1Ks in the G :)

That's not a viable option at this point so it's to fly it more as the B&Z bird.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
OK enough is enough
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2006, 12:17:06 AM »
The P38 has had some changes that I both agree with and disagree with... the low speed handling is laughable and when combined with the really poor score whoring game play in AH lately, I don't want to log on.

I tried to make a return recently and overall, I had very little fun... probably going to cancel my account until something changes.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
OK enough is enough
« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2006, 12:20:12 AM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
coming on here and screaming and *****ing isn't really going to get anything done any faster, is it?

Frankly (and I hate to be so negative), the change happened on March 20th and it is now almost June... that isn't time enough to examine the problem and remedy it?

I really like HTC and everything they have done for me and well as liking the game itself, but I feel I've given them more than enough time.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
OK enough is enough
« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2006, 01:06:43 AM »
Originally posted by killnu
ok, just watched it, nvr once full flaps.  twice close at end...when you apparently died.   unless film viewer for some reason shows you have some left, but really dont.

Full flaps were used during the fight with both the Mustang and Spitfire, I only deployed them as necessary.  Didn't die at all, ended up dead stick landing those 12 kills (#12 was a proxy...Mustang augered in trying to get me) at the VH nearby but the film is turned off after the Spitfire kill because it was initially only taken to see who those guys were I was flying against.

ack-ack
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 01:17:35 AM by Ack-Ack »

Offline BBQ_Bob

• Silver Member
      • http://uknightedstates.net
OK enough is enough
« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2006, 01:15:08 AM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
Full flaps were used during the fight with both the Mustang and Spitfire, I only deployed them as necessary.  Didn't die at all, ended up dead stick landing at the VH nearby but the film cuts out because it was initially only taken to see who those guys were I was flying against.

ack-ack

Sure you did. :aok Funny how the film just cuts out like that.
UKNIGHTED Propaganda Minister
"There are no Hells Angels in the MA, never"

"they are nowhere near the airport ..they are lost in the desert...they can not read a compass...they are retarded."

For a good time ~~ www.uknightedstates.net

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
OK enough is enough
« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2006, 01:26:25 AM »
Originally posted by Guppy35

I'm not saying the 38 is useless now.  It just has to be used differently in a fight and that's the part I miss.  I liked going round and round with the Spits and N1Ks in the G :)

I guess I'm more of an angles fighter than a turn fighter.  Murdr's comment was that I won that fight on pure ACM, which is probably correct but that's my style of fighting I guess.

ack-ack

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
OK enough is enough
« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2006, 01:34:19 AM »
Originally posted by BBQ_Bob
Sure you did. :aok Funny how the film just cuts out like that.

Cuts out because I turned it off.  The initial intent of the film wasn't to film any fights but rather to see who I was fighting.  

ack-ack

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
OK enough is enough
« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2006, 01:36:11 AM »
Originally posted by Delirium
Frankly (and I hate to be so negative), the change happened on March 20th and it is now almost June... that isn't time enough to examine the problem and remedy it?

I really like HTC and everything they have done for me and well as liking the game itself, but I feel I've given them more than enough time.

I'm not trying to come off as being a salamander here, but this is one plane exhibiting one flaky behavior that in all probability, would have gone unnoticed by a huge a majority of players. With all the other stuff that's years overdue, as well as the normal work, they've got a lot on their plates, and I'm sure they'll get to it, just like they did the 109 flaps.

I'm just trying to say that patience and restraint are a lot more helpful here than posts to just blow off steam and complain about how long it's taking.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech