Author Topic: My MA map almost done  (Read 894 times)

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
My MA map almost done
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2006, 07:19:45 PM »
No one who posted here bares you any ill will Falcon.  Most of us have stumbled onto Hitechs' MA requirements' thread and reviewed Citibrea(sp?)/Festers' process for MA terrain submittals here in this forum.

All the successfull MA builders that I know of have vetted their bit maps here in this forum in the early stages, before they did so much work, and even Hitech has made comments for improvements when the terrain looked like it had possiblities.  I personall know that 3 of the four posters in this thread have been through the process of submitting a terrain to HTC and two of them have working terrains in the SEA (yeah I know Raptor, but your two count as close enough now.)

You put in a lot of work and you learned the TE and the other tools so you're light years ahead of the 20 guys who come in here every week announcing their plans to conqure the world of AH.  Take your time and give it some more thought.  It's hard not to pick these tool up again once you learn what you can do with them.  It's all part of the AH crack pipe.;)
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
My MA map almost done
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2006, 07:30:22 PM »
Falcon, why did you post if you did not want any constructive criticism? It is not intended to be insulting at all. If you only wanted people to tell you they liked it, then you might as well not post it. The point in my comment was to let you know that you should work out a few kinks before submitting it. Yet you took offense to it? You even sent me a PM asking why I gave a negative revue...
Just take a second, take a deep breath, and rethink how you are handling our responses...

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
My MA map almost done
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2006, 05:45:03 AM »
Falcon...

With the MA terrain that's currently on Skuzzy's desk I went through 12 revisions before I even thought of submitting the base layout bitmap. There were two more revisions after it was submitted. And one more revision after it was a complete terrain. That's a total of 15 revisions before it was done.

The only thing I can tell you is to keep working on it. But think like the most devious player in the game. How would he exploit the map? And think how the map will play out from each country's point of view. Then you'll see what everyone is saying.

And keep in mind there isn't a map already online that everyone likes. There never will be. Personally I can't stand the small maps. Others like them. It's not a perfect world.

By the way. I'm working on another map (a semi-resurection of Pizza) and I'm on revision 5 of just the terrain. I haven't even thought about bases yet.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 05:51:40 AM by NHawk »
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline toadkill

• Nickel Member
My MA map almost done
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2006, 02:14:45 AM »
falcon. as a player not a map maker or htc. your map is beautiful. not like the crap in the MA now. (no offence if you made the crap in the MA i know the time it takes just to make the first map,not to mention the revisions) they are almost all the same map. and beleive it or not one team always has a disadvantage. as a knight i say. why the heck cant we have this unorthadox map. hell we lose no matter who has the disadvantaging spot. this could be a breath of fresh air in AH. as opposed to the completely symmetrical "pizza" or "Donut" maps.

i think the problem with the east country has been covered well. the strats have fields right next to them so if someone is porking you can up right away. whereas the other countries cant. thus more damage is done in one blow on the other countries, but to cancel that out the east country takes damage a little at a time over alot of time.

but i gotta say WTF is up with that MA map that has towns on the outside of dar circles. i hate it to death.
<S>
Toad

Offline FalconSS

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Thank you Toad
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2006, 06:23:19 AM »
you've givin me a better out look on what I'm trying to do w/this project Salute! thanks again Sir and I'll still submit and go from there.
Marty McFly

Offline croduh

• Gold Member
My MA map almost done
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2006, 03:43:00 PM »
Originally posted by toadkill
why the heck cant we have this unorthadox map.

We do. Baltic.

And everyone is complaining about it.

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
My MA map almost done
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2006, 04:19:22 PM »
don't forget mandino. But hey, what do I know?