Author Topic: Put a stop to the shade accounts  (Read 2464 times)

Offline JMFJ

• Copper Member
Put a stop to the shade accounts
« on: June 08, 2006, 12:16:25 PM »
HTC needs to put a stop to this shade account crap, if they don't it's only going to get worse.  People are getting the idea that cause no one is getting booted for it, that makes it okay to do.  It's souring the game.

If HTC would set up the score stats, so when you looked up any players name/stats it also showed on the right side of the screen the top 10 guys they have killed the most times that tour.  This shade killing crap wouldn't be a problem.  But right now if you don't happen to have film of them doing it, you have no way of finding out what the name of that player is that they are getting all of those kills from.

An email skuzzy replied to me in regards to people abusing vox & reporting players for offenses, Quote "It is up to the community if they wish to tolerate what other players are doing".  If HTC has elected that it is the players responsibility to police our own community, that's fine we are the the ones who it affects the most.  But if that's the way it's gonna be, at least give us the proper tools to do it.

JMFJ

Offline Mak333

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 12:26:44 PM »
As far as the abusing vox goes... they do have a squelch command that enables you to mute any certain player(s) on a channel or range vox, as well as text messages.  I think the system is working fine.
Mak

Offline BGBMAW

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 12:38:44 PM »
wha

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 12:46:53 PM »
While the idea has some merit the problems it would cause well...
I don't think HT has enough cheese handy to go with all the bbs whine it would cause.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline JMFJ

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 12:48:17 PM »
I wasn't saying the vox wasn't working fine, It was a quote in regards to an email I sent to skuzzy asking what happens when you report someone.  After getting cussed out (on open & private vox) & reporting Azreal countless times.  I don't feel the vox set up is a problem either.  It was an example of their opionion as to people in the community doing things that other people in the community don't like/appreciate.  That it's the community's responsibility to keep those players in check.

JMFJ

Offline BBQ_Bob

• Silver Member
      • http://uknightedstates.net
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 01:14:19 PM »
Think I will have Navajo get a shade then I can land some kills. :aok
UKNIGHTED Propaganda Minister
"There are no Hells Angels in the MA, never"

"they are nowhere near the airport ..they are lost in the desert...they can not read a compass...they are retarded."

For a good time ~~ www.uknightedstates.net

Offline navajoboy

• Probation
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.uknightedstates.net
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2006, 01:38:11 PM »
Originally posted by BBQ_Bob
Think I will have Navajo get a shade then I can land some kills. :aok

Propaganda!
Stovpipe aka Navajo
Uknighted 357th FG - JG26
-+= Foreign Relations Minister =+-
http://www.uknightedstates.net

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2006, 01:46:30 PM »
Originally posted by JMFJ
That it's the community's responsibility to keep those players in check.
How can community do something like that? Players can only disagree with some things and bring it to HTCs attention.

In the best case, community can set some standards, but only HTC has powers to act upon and enforce those standards if they deem it's desirable or necessary to do so.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2006, 01:57:26 PM »
Not that I use them myself as I don't see a valid reason to have more than one account but who gives a rat's arse if someone is using a shade account?

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline JMFJ

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2006, 02:19:33 PM »
Originally posted by 2bighorn
How can community do something like that? Players can only disagree with some things and bring it to HTCs attention.

In the best case, community can set some standards, but only HTC has powers to act upon and enforce those standards if they deem it's desirable or necessary to do so.

I don't really like that way of handling things either, but at least I now know the rules of engagement.

So with that said:  I think what was meant by skuzzy's email was, if it only makes 1 person mad then it's not worth HTC's time worrying about, if it upsets a large group of the community then it is to be givin attention to.  With their limited amount of employee's & the CT project they barely have enough time to deal with the group complaints.

They have the automated way of reporting players for abusive text/vox.  But there is no automated/method of tracking that would make players take responsibility for there shade activity which seems to be growing.  Stern warnings and having to change your game handle is all that you have to worry about if you get caught, isn't much of a deterent.

JMFJ
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 02:23:33 PM by JMFJ »

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2006, 02:26:58 PM »
Let's have some names and stats to back up the accusations. Let's face it- witchhunts are fun!
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2006, 02:32:30 PM »
I'd say limit accounts by IP address like the two week free trial, but what happens to familys like Bagrat and Bagratsnr, and JohnnyRA and JohnnyJR, where you have two accounts per home........Just wouldnt work....I do think something needs to be done against shades though, but I just cant see a responce that would actually work
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2006, 02:35:59 PM »
ok splain to me why having a shade account is ssssoooo bad?
Army of Das Muppets     
Member DFC Furballers INC. If you cant piss with big dogs go run with the pack

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2006, 02:52:16 PM »
Originally posted by icemaw
ok splain to me why having a shade account is ssssoooo bad?

Tactically-  Give Coords of CV to enemy country...Take command of a CV for sabatoge when their buddys come along and dive bomb it.......Announce positions of private missions or raids to the enemy.....

dweebery-  Sit LA7's on the runway with one account, and vulch them in their 205's with the other account to strengthen rank and build perks.......dweebs
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2006, 03:01:07 PM »
Originally posted by cav58d
Tactically-  Give Coords of CV to enemy country...Take command of a CV for sabatoge when their buddys come along and dive bomb it.......Announce positions of private missions or raids to the enemy.....

dweebery-  Sit LA7's on the runway with one account, and vulch them in their 205's with the other account to strengthen rank and build perks.......dweebs

well yes all the above is the definition of dweeb but why does this bother people so much it is after all just a game
Army of Das Muppets     
Member DFC Furballers INC. If you cant piss with big dogs go run with the pack