Author Topic: I messed up now !!!!! HELP!!!  (Read 1229 times)

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
I messed up now !!!!! HELP!!!
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2006, 07:40:10 PM »
Goldi... first go into bios... somewhere it should have the option "boot to AGP or boot to PCI" for the video.. make sure it's set to PCI.  If set to AGP change it, then SAVE bios settings and reboot.

then go into safe mode (keep pressing f8 as soon as the bios screen pops up into you get to the safe mode option.  If the screen goes blank then I would think that you've probably got a bad video card.  If it continues to boot into safe mode then go into you device manager and have it drop down the list of video card drivers.

DELETE every one of them.  There are probably references to you old video card and god only knows what else is on that list.  Just delete them all.

Then reboot into regular mode.. it should load generic VGA drivers and you should at least get a display, although the colors will be all goofy and the icons will be really large.  At that point install the new video drivers, and follow directions.

good luck

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2006, 09:11:26 PM »
only thing s ive tryed it with both old and new ideo card so i doubt card is bad
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2006, 06:35:09 AM »
How about trying this. Boot up, go into bios(F1), (might be a different key on yours). Once into bios, hit f 10, option will include "Load setup defaults". Click this then restart.
                                                                                  Good Luck,
                                                                                         Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2006, 04:35:47 PM »
Originally posted by goldelks
only thing s ive tryed it with both old and new ideo card so i doubt card is bad

Gold let one of us call you on the phone.
I have a question:
Did you unplug the power cable from the back of your puter whenever you were moving cards in and out?
+Silat
"The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them." — Maya Angelou
"Conservatism offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future." B. Disraeli
"All that serves labor serves the nation. All that harms labor is treason."

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2006, 08:39:52 PM »
rocker i did that no workie lol and silat yes i did
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA