Author Topic: Iran's leader calls for TV debate with Bush  (Read 1944 times)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Iran's leader calls for TV debate with Bush
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2006, 02:40:31 PM »
so who is stopping this guy from saying whatever he wants right now?   He could easily get e4nterviews with sympathetic anchors for some of the lefty stations like msnbc or cnn and it would not be censored.   I bet even Fox would put him on and let him air his views.

How would a debate get his views across any better?

Why not just get the smartest guy in his country that represents his view go up against the smartest guy in our country that represents our view?

or... why not just publish or put out on the internet his views?

lazs

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2006, 03:16:48 PM »
Why doesnt Bush and the Iranian president fight it out on the Mall in Washington DC. I'd pay to see that. Much more exciting than a debate.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline xrtoronto

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2006, 03:21:21 PM »
Originally posted by lasersailor184
China and Iran can easily censor everything.  For example, Iran just went around the roof tops of it's capital, and wripped all the satelites for TV out.

*shrugs*

that's got nothing to do with what I'm saying...

anyone with a computer can get some p2p software and find anything they want...vid clips...sound bites...etc. it's all out there...and not much anyone can do for someone who is intent on finding it.

even if that failed...one can also go onto undernet or any of the other IRC orgs and get it/anything there. On IRC there is a way to simply connect directly for a download of anything you want to get from a willing person who will share (which is just about everyone)

It was not long ago I used p2p to get a 50meg plus file of the US using 'whiskey p' in Falluja and its aftermath...a very sobering view  (white phosphorous is an outlawed substance that reacts to skin and air...but doesn't burn clothes etc....absolutely horrific...I can see why it's illegal) It is as graphic as anything I've ever seen...people's skin 'melting' off their bodies...dead animals etc...plus the satellite image of Falluja the day after the use of this substance (in contrast to the pic of Falluja before) US gov shut down the original site that had this clip...but too late...now it's 'out there' for anyone who wants to see it, along with the interview of the US servicemen who witnessed and cofirmed the use of whiskey p

I can't see any way of controlling what is being 'uploaded' to internet sources...I don't think it should be controlled anyway

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2006, 03:27:12 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2

Why not just get the smartest guy in his country that represents his view go up against the smartest guy in our country that represents our view?

lazs

I'm pretty sure Clinton is available.

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2006, 03:39:08 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
I'm pretty sure Clinton is available.

anyone asked BGBMAW yet?
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2006, 03:52:16 PM »
I think Bush would probably lose, so any live debate should be avoided.

Perhaps they can do some sort of Segway racing event. I don't think they have reached Tehran yet.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2006, 03:59:00 PM »
Originally posted by xrtoronto
*shrugs*

that's got nothing to do with what I'm saying...

anyone with a computer can get some p2p software and find anything they want...vid clips...sound bites...etc. it's all out there...and not much anyone can do for someone who is intent on finding it.

even if that failed...one can also go onto undernet or any of the other IRC orgs and get it/anything there. On IRC there is a way to simply connect directly for a download of anything you want to get from a willing person who will share (which is just about everyone)

It was not long ago I used p2p to get a 50meg plus file of the US using 'whiskey p' in Falluja and its aftermath...a very sobering view  (white phosphorous is an outlawed substance that reacts to skin and air...but doesn't burn clothes etc....absolutely horrific...I can see why it's illegal) It is as graphic as anything I've ever seen...people's skin 'melting' off their bodies...dead animals etc...plus the satellite image of Falluja the day after the use of this substance (in contrast to the pic of Falluja before) US gov shut down the original site that had this clip...but too late...now it's 'out there' for anyone who wants to see it, along with the interview of the US servicemen who witnessed and cofirmed the use of whiskey p

I can't see any way of controlling what is being 'uploaded' to internet sources...I don't think it should be controlled anyway

OMG, have you notified the UN about this war crime yet? and wile your at it tell the UN about the terrorists blowing up women and children ok?:O

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2006, 04:08:13 PM »
Does Ahmadinejad even speak English?
sand

Offline xrtoronto

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2006, 04:16:17 PM »
Originally posted by john9001
wile your at it tell the UN about the terrorists blowing up women and children ok?:O

you mean israel? It's currently under investigation for illegal use of cluster bombs on civilians

Offline dhaus

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2006, 06:13:29 PM »
Why would Bush even think about debating this guy?  It would be the "Hannity debate style" of "let me harrangue and shout so you can't get in a word edgwise" coupled with ridicule.  I suspect he would begin by denying the Holocaust and it would get worse from there.  While I doubt very much that Bush could win a debate on even terms, there is simply no reason for him to subject himself to this crap.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2006, 06:19:02 PM »
Originally posted by xrtoronto
you mean israel? It's currently under investigation for illegal use of cluster bombs on civilians

don't be obtuse, you know who i mean.

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2006, 06:36:00 PM »

(white phosphorous is an outlawed substance that reacts to skin and air...but doesn't burn clothes etc....absolutely horrific...I can see why it's illegal)

Washington is not a signatory to an international treaty restricting the use of the substance.   So it's not 'illegal' for the US to use WP.  It can be used as an effective immediate smokescreen as well as marking targets to be engaged.

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2006, 08:06:33 PM »
Originally posted by Yeager
Iran must not be allowed to develope nuclear weapons.  And if it does, then the United States must take the steps necessary to defend itself before a nuclear attack against it can be carried out.  There can be no depending on the threat of a retaliatory strike to provide national security.  The tactic of mutually assured destruction is not applicable to a nation that is dedicated to a religious principle that promotes individual suicide as a accepted form of attack.

I agree, until they have a responsible regim should be stoped from builing nukes
 the UN is useles, ineficent divided , infested with China/ Russia"s vetto and they will never stop Iran from building nuke cuz are economic partners.

Like many others i didn't like Bush invasion in Iraq until last month.  Imagine what would have hapened with Israel in Iran could pass its troops through Iraq to Syria to Israel, Maybe Iranians would have done it without american presence in Iraq.But now are isolated , at the west ,look at the map below, Many still criticize Bush, but the future will tell if he was  right or not,

Offline Neubob

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My Movie Clip Website
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2006, 08:09:55 PM »
Originally posted by Dowding
I think Bush would probably lose, so any live debate should be avoided.

Perhaps they can do some sort of Segway racing event. I don't think they have reached Tehran yet.

Agreed. Only the fanatical allah-akbaring windbags know how to keep it real these days.

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2006, 08:27:04 PM »
Originally posted by ghi

(Image removed from quote.) [/B]

Of course, looked at another way, that map might also remind one of this:

(Poor map, I realize.  And I'm not making a political statement here - purely strategic).
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group