Author Topic: Teams people, teams!  (Read 444 times)

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Teams people, teams!
« on: September 05, 2006, 06:26:59 PM »
Ok I'm a noob and all, but in every multiplayer game I've played there has been a team balancing feature (for good reason)... except in Aces High II. Why is this so? :confused:

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
Teams people, teams!
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 06:35:29 PM »
Because some people like to play for one country and not the other.  You can't displace 2 people from a squad to balance a side, that wouldn't be fair to the squad.  What they have is an ENY limiter that is supposed to limit the the planes with high numbers from riding the uber planes.  There's a thread on this let me find it...

Here's one of them with a few more links inside http://www.flyaceshigh.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=186117
« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 06:40:58 PM by nirvana »
Who are you to wave your finger?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Teams people, teams!
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 06:57:56 PM »
And there are actually quite a lotof people who like to fly  on the outnumbered side.  Target rich environment & cheap perk planes :)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Teams people, teams!
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2006, 11:22:43 PM »
Whatever this ENY thing is it's not working very well. This is not the only multiplayer game with squads, doesn't seem to be a problem elsewhere. Just team-balance the first squad-member to log on, and let the rest of the squad follow. This is easily automated.

“Because some people like to play for one country and not the other” is exactly what you get when you don’t force team-balancing. People start to get nationalistic and shait and pretty soon you’ll have people hating each other for being on different teams. This is supposed to be a game in good fun, not some pseudo-virtual world of nationalism gone bad.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Teams people, teams!
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2006, 11:41:42 PM »
While I despise that "once a knight/rook/bish, always..." pseudonationalistic narrowminds, I am all against forcing people to fly for specific countries. There are well established teams beyond the squad level, and why should I not be able to wing up with friends, only because the server decides so? And as I´ve pointed out before, I dont want even odds at all. It is boring. The drama being on the vastly outnumbered side, desperately fighting to hold the last 6 airfields until Skuzzyreset has sometimes a quality of it´s own :D

I do have some minor problems with ENY limiter kicking in a bit late, but I defenitely dont want the Big Equalizer dictating the gameplay.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Teams people, teams!
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2006, 12:13:15 AM »
I sense those little people who live under bridges. :noid
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline SAS_KID

• Silver Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/saskid
Teams people, teams!
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2006, 12:21:32 AM »
Originally posted by Viking
Whatever this ENY thing is it's not working very well. This is not the only multiplayer game with squads, doesn't seem to be a problem elsewhere. Just team-balance the first squad-member to log on, and let the rest of the squad follow. This is easily automated.

“Because some people like to play for one country and not the other” is exactly what you get when you don’t force team-balancing. People start to get nationalistic and shait and pretty soon you’ll have people hating each other for being on different teams. This is supposed to be a game in good fun, not some pseudo-virtual world of nationalism gone bad.

what about squads with more than 1 wing. Us C hawks have 3 squadrons set up to fit all of us.
Quote from: hitech on Today at 09:27:26 AM
What utter and compete BS, quite frankly I should kick you off this bbs for this post.

The real truth is you do not like the answer.

HiTech

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Teams people, teams!
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2006, 04:10:08 AM »
Viking  you no doubt play in euro times and for the past  9 months or so knights have been heavily outnumbered in our daytime.

All the teams go through cycles of being the victim and many old timers will tell you " in my day the Knights were the horde monkeying fairies and this is their retribution "

Yea it sucks but youll find way more action flying knights get WAY more kills and become a much better pilot for it.   ENY limiter kicks in only when there are more than 200 players total and this would restrict the horde country to fly earlier war planes thus making it more fair.

Bruv
~S~
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
      • http://www.71sqn.co.uk
Teams people, teams!
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2006, 09:37:03 AM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
I sense those little people who live under bridges. :noid

Aint it ment to be trolls that live under bridges? Little men?:huh
seeds have been laid...but they arent trees we're growing. we're growing organic grenades!- 321BAR
I'd have a better chance in running into a Dodo Bird in the middle of rush hour, walking down the I-5 with two hookers in tow before I see a useful post from glock89- Ack-Ack