Author Topic: Arena format change  (Read 16983 times)

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
New arena format
« Reply #615 on: September 14, 2006, 12:36:00 PM »
I'll gladly pay an extra 10 bucks a month if all the whiners threatening to quit will do it right now and not come back.  Thats more than worth a extra 120 bucks a year.  Amazing how many folks on this BBS know how to run a company like this, even though they have 0 experience.    

Bah.

Offline Patches1

• Nickel Member
New arena format
« Reply #616 on: September 14, 2006, 12:36:06 PM »
Re: Wow! 4 NEW Arenas!

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Patches1
I fly early morning (0630- 0900) Pacific Coast USA time. It is difficult enough to find a fight in the MA when we have 90, or so, players online between 3 Countries; now you wish to further divide this player base by 4, and each arena by 3 again, and this math only assumes aircraft, not the divisions of PTs, GVs, Bombers, Fighters/Attack aircraft and expect us early morning fliers to find some kind of a fight in ANY mode? Whom are you kidding?

I left WarBirds because of this kind of thinking...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well think of it like this, you will have your own arena to pad them scores and get lots of perk points! yes indeed, you'll be able to bomb strat targets, take gv/air bases with little to no opposition. Why heck in a month you could go from an average score of oh say 1500 right down to single and double digits! Simply look for the arena with the fewest players (this shouldn't be hard to do during the hours you play) and pad your score!!! When your done padding your score in the empty arena go find a arena that has someone in it to work on your fighter perks.

Geez  

Dang! Ironic! I never thought of this change in that manner! I could jump from arena to arena and "fly" fairly unopposed in GVs, Bombers, PTs, Attack aircraft, C47s...and capture a bunch of fields unopposed and the only Humans I would have to worry about would probably be in the Early War Arena trying to find other Humans to fly against! You're right! I could really rack up quite a personal score!

And, hey! So could you! And, so could the rest of us who fly non-USA Prime Time...unless we are too preoccupied trying to find other Humans to fight in 4 arenas, divided into 3 countries, each country divided into 4 modes of play (5 if you count PTs)...and we keep missing each other because we are changing arenas so much that we can't find each other.

I'm not against change...change can be good. I am against change that ignores Global impact versus Prime Time USA. And, I'm against the kind of change to which WarBirds succumbed.
"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem."- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, General, USMC

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
New arena format
« Reply #617 on: September 14, 2006, 12:36:47 PM »
Originally posted by Major Biggles
Don't be silly overlag!

Everyone knows the war only started in 1941, when America entered it. Did you know America also won the Battle of Britain???

America did win the battle of britain.  Don't you know anything?  Actually, why do you think the Germans lost the Battle of Britain?
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
New arena format
« Reply #618 on: September 14, 2006, 12:39:09 PM »
Originally posted by Kermit de frog
America did win the battle of britain.  Don't you know anything?  Actually, why do you think the Germans lost the Battle of Britain?

Because their strategy, when it existed, sucked.

Offline Sled

• Gold Member
      • Friday Squad Operations
New arena format
« Reply #619 on: September 14, 2006, 12:42:03 PM »
Originally posted by VgasX
LMFAO if it's a HTC support post it stays on if you disagree with Hitech they delete your thread.

I have to agree, my thread got closed, this one didn't.
~Sled~                 Aces High Special Events
USMC/71sqn
      XO               What Aces High is really all about.