Author Topic: New arena format Part 2 - Use this thread, don't open duplicates  (Read 37338 times)

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
New arena format Part 2 - Use this thread, don't open duplicates
« Reply #810 on: September 21, 2006, 02:23:18 PM »
Mugz
   When you make a good point with me, I'll acknowledge that point. Until then, you're just arguing to be difficult, not to demonstrate a better point of view. I'm not personally insulting, and if you do not wish to hear my opinions on a particular topic on an open discussion board, I suggest you put me in your ignore list.

And yes, I could have said "glad to hear it", but I really don't care. If anyone insists on encouraging a type of gameplay or an attitude that is damaging to the community, and makes it difficult for others to enjoy their own type of fun, then I'm not going to pretend to be pleased that they will neither quit nor change their ways.

Good day.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #811 on: September 21, 2006, 02:31:50 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
If anyone insists on encouraging a type of gameplay or an attitude that is damaging to the community, and makes it difficult for others to enjoy their own type of fun, then I'm not going to pretend to be pleased that they will neither quit nor change their ways.
Yet, you put up with Lazs?:huh

:rofl
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline viper215

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bops.us
« Reply #812 on: September 21, 2006, 02:42:21 PM »
Your not going to change the rule bops will be staying bish...you jump your out thats the way its been.
- Viper215 - Birds of Prey - Falcon Wing -
               - www.bops.us -

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #813 on: September 21, 2006, 02:45:12 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
Mugz

And yes, I could have said "glad to hear it", but I really don't care. If anyone insists on encouraging a type of gameplay or an attitude that is damaging to the community, and makes it difficult for others to enjoy their own type of fun, then I'm not going to pretend to be pleased that they will neither quit nor change their ways.

Good day.

I'm sorry but this is the most blatant example of the Pot calling the Kettle Black that I've seen.  I thought you posted that you had quit because we weren't playing your way, I guess your back now that you are being able to play your way.  The BK's strike again...sheesh...
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #814 on: September 21, 2006, 03:01:20 PM »
WOW ... hold parapharasion Batman.

He quit cause he believed the gameplay SUCKED ... simple as that.

The game has now changed ... and it doesn't SUCK as much as it use to ... from his point of view ... and alot of other peoples point of view too.

Many who have gone ... and have been gone for awhile ... have now come back because of the recent changes.

It was HT that made the change ... not Hub ... not the BKs ... and not anyone else who voiced disgust in the gameplay prior to the recent changes.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #815 on: September 21, 2006, 03:07:30 PM »
Originally posted by viper215
Your not going to change the rule bops will be staying bish...you jump your out thats the way its been.

I guess I dont understand why "the way its been" 'or "the way we want it" should outweigh the needs of others.  

Why should what you guys are used to somehow be so righteous and unchangeable that you won't adjust , even if it causes pain to yourselves (like ENY) and to everyone else (with massive side inequity).
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #816 on: September 21, 2006, 03:10:34 PM »
Originally posted by doc1kelley
I'm sorry but this is the most blatant example of the Pot calling the Kettle Black that I've seen.  I thought you posted that you had quit because we weren't playing your way, I guess your back now that you are being able to play your way.  The BK's strike again...sheesh...

Don't confuse what I say with how you interpret it.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #817 on: September 21, 2006, 03:11:57 PM »
Originally posted by Simaril
I guess I dont understand why "the way its been" 'or "the way we want it" should outweigh the needs of others.  

Why should what you guys are used to somehow be so righteous and unchangeable that you won't adjust , even if it causes pain to yourselves (like ENY) and to everyone else (with massive side inequity).

This won't go over well, but I'll call the spade a spade. Because there are 100 of them, and 1 of you, Sim.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #818 on: September 21, 2006, 03:15:12 PM »
Sigh...lets try this again.

First off..simaril if im not wrong you were asked out of your squad because you were jumping countries...thats the way i thought it was conveyed to me..apologies if im wrong

Point is BoPs are not the only squad with this rule...in fact most of the squads i know of have a form of this rule...now some will switch all together in rotation...but that is different as well.

The answer to the question HITECH is that is how I (falconwing, mike, solo yo) chose to form a squad.  I chose to form a squad that flew for one country from guys who had commitment to that country.  I elected to setup barriers to guys who jumped to whatever country was easiest.  Again BoP was fired under the furnace that was the MA 2 years ago when Bish were heavily outnumbered.  Please do a search and you will see that i posted in here at that time saying it was no fun being ganged by both countries.  the answer given ( i believe by many of the current posters) was to organize better and have alliances.  This is how we responded.
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #819 on: September 21, 2006, 03:19:13 PM »
Sounds like a good resone for the rule, now use the exat same resone and only change the rule slightly.

You may not change to a country with more numbers.

HiTech

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
« Reply #820 on: September 21, 2006, 03:27:46 PM »
Hey, the BOPs can make whatever squad-rule they want. They can all stay bish/nit/rook for however long there IS a bish/nit/rook, I really don't care. What I DO care about is hearing the complaints that somebody is taking away their choices when the ENY kicks in hard, the rule is their choice, so is flying nothing but TBMs. You choose to overload a certain country then the ENY will make you and all your countrymen suffer for YOUR choices.

I suspect whichever country they fly for on squad night might become a little upset when the other non-BOP squads can only fly TBMs because of a personal choice the BOP squad made though.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 03:29:55 PM by Edbert »

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #821 on: September 21, 2006, 03:30:18 PM »
BTW Mugzee, I am insulted to have been confused with Hub. Hub is a tool.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #822 on: September 21, 2006, 03:31:37 PM »
Originally posted by Edbert
Hey, the BOPs can make whatever squad-rule they want. They can all stay bish/nit/rook for however long there IS a bish/nit/rook, I really don't care. What I DO care about is hearing the complaints that somebody is taking away their choices when the ENY kicks in hard, the rule is their choice, so is flying nothing but TBMs. You choose to overload a certain country then the ENY will make you and all your countrymen suffer for YOUR choices.

I suspect whichever country they fly for on squad night might become a little upset when the other non-BOP squads can only fly TBMs because of a personal choice the BOP squad made though.

If they all can get into the same arena ... DOH !!!
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline zorstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #823 on: September 21, 2006, 03:33:13 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
...Such is not the case these days ... Mega-Squads, for the most part, don't want to run into each other ... they want to attack areas of the maps where they don't run into great conflict so that they can capture bases faster than greased lightening so that they can be the pivitol point in winning the war.

Had Mega-Squads taken the attitude of the MAW and the AKs of years gone by, this problem might not have reared it's ugly head ... but such is not the case and here we are ... and here we will stay ... with the new changes...

I seem to recall hearing this alot, the "Angry Inch" were attacking somewhere on squad vox and then having most of the Bops that were on at the time up and try to stop them.  It was great fun.  I remember some nights 4 hours of flight time were logged either attacking or defending with the angry inch fighting it out.  Not sure where this is going :)

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
« Reply #824 on: September 21, 2006, 03:35:15 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
If they all can get into the same arena ... DOH !!!

Yeah, got a point there. But if there's 50 of them and they log on from the east coast time zone they should be able to jump into the LW arena before it fills up. They could always log into LW2 though, all 50 of them and share a vox channel to their heart's content. At least that way they would not have a negative imapct on sportsmanship and we wouldn't have to listen to them complain about their personal choices anymore.

==========

...lol @ grits