Author Topic: The best part of the game is now history  (Read 3071 times)

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
The best part of the game is now history
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2006, 10:34:21 AM »
Originally posted by FX1
Whine

I just kill

Oh MY! It reminds me Wetrat and his posts when we were talking about the new 109K's and the old 109G-10's kill ability. But, at least we were flying a man's fighter. Sorry couldnt  resist :rofl
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline Hades55

• Nickel Member
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2006, 10:44:22 AM »
where is voss when you need him ? ( new sim )  :)

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2006, 10:49:59 AM »
The crappy part about this change is...

a)  Your not always able to fly what you want.

b) Your not always able to fly with the people you want.

c) Your never able to fly what you want with the people you want, at the same time.

Change something please, this sucks. :D

Offline Solar10

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2006, 11:05:16 AM »
If squads continually play across EW, MW, and LW and not fly together then that appears to me that flying the way they want takes preference over flying together.  Nothing to do with arena CAP numbers.  If a squad wants to fly together there is nothing stopping them going to MW and doing 90% of what you could do in the old MA.
~Hells Angels~
Solar10

Offline DadRabit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2006, 11:15:54 AM »
S! Nova

before the change i flew alot.  now my flying time has dropped drastically.  not because i dont have time to fly.  its because the same small maps are getting old.

folks say "what fun is it just to capture undefended bases" or say "your just a toolshedder whos base grabbing is ruined by upprs"  far from it.  i enjoy a good fight and a good defense.  i never said i dont like opposition.  i luv it.

i can make a battle start by attacking undefended bases which in turn starts a smaller war.  making for great fights.  put big maps back in rotation and lets have fun.

S! all
David (Daddy Rabbit) Jester
S! 68KO
S! A8WB
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. Ronald Reagan

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2006, 11:16:14 AM »
The problem with squads and euro time is the low numbers.
There is really no point to go together (lets say with 10 people) to EWA or MWA which have some 20 people before the squad enters. The country balance will become badly distorted and the ENY hits hard.
So, I agree that flying with squad mates is more rare nowadays.

On top of that my netstatus at MA:s is nowadays wild up and downs... and with these warps it is almost impossible to hit anything. It started with the new arenas.. I hope it is only a coincidence, though.

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline Quah!

• Copper Member
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2006, 11:35:41 AM »
S! Nova

before the change i flew alot. now my flying time has dropped drastically. not because i dont have time to fly. its because the same small maps are getting old.

folks say "what fun is it just to capture undefended bases" or say "your just a toolshedder whos base grabbing is ruined by upprs" far from it. i enjoy a good fight and a good defense. i never said i dont like opposition. i luv it.

i can make a battle start by attacking undefended bases which in turn starts a smaller war. making for great fights. put big maps back in rotation and lets have fun.

S! all

So what has changed?  You can still attack an undefended base and have the same percentage chance that no one will up to defend it or some might.  

The numbers are not so out of whack either so, if you are saying there are not enough people on to fight where the small war/fight is and where you are attracking, then why not just join the small war that is already going on??

I don't get what is different, other than plane limits.

Offline DadRabit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2006, 11:44:35 AM »
S! quah

what has changed is no large maps in the rotation.   with the way smaller maps are set up you have little choice as to where you want to get another fight going.  large maps provide this.

also alot of folks have had to deal with the arena changes.  who will it hurt to give folks back bigger maps?

my 2 cents sir

S!
David (Daddy Rabbit) Jester
S! 68KO
S! A8WB
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. Ronald Reagan

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2006, 11:51:19 AM »
Quah:

number limits per arena is what has changed...i assume you had already noticed this...that is what is causing the griefing.

and lets be honest...if the cap in lw1 was raised to 500....then mw and ew would die on the vine...so the truth is the guys..(such as my squad who are still flying together) who want to be with each other are "forced" to fly in arenas that dont interest them the most ( in our case MW).  

noone likes being told you have to choose...either fly with your friends OR fly the arena you like the most?  i think most folks answer remains  "why? we never had to before?"

so once again...the answer to these squads being able to fly together remains....open up the caps on LW and MW....then they can fly with each other easily.:aok
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline NCLawman

• Nickel Member
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2006, 01:28:44 PM »
Originally posted by FALCONWING
Quah:

number limits per arena is what has changed...i assume you had already noticed this...that is what is causing the griefing.

and lets be honest...if the cap in lw1 was raised to 500....then mw and ew would die on the vine...so the truth is the guys..(such as my squad who are still flying together) who want to be with each other are "forced" to fly in arenas that dont interest them the most ( in our case MW).  

noone likes being told you have to choose...either fly with your friends OR fly the arena you like the most?  i think most folks answer remains  "why? we never had to before?"

so once again...the answer to these squads being able to fly together remains....open up the caps on LW and MW....then they can fly with each other easily.:aok

I have to agree with this.  I would also point out one issue that has yet to be mentioned....

The three arenas are here and my squad has chosen to adapt.   We have a squad night where we all get together and fly.  Because of arena caps, we have to by-pass the LW (the preferable arena) and go to MW.  However, the numbers in MW are so low that when our squad joins the arena, the ENY gets thrown so far off that the only plane available to fly is the BOSTON.  So, part fo the squad has to sit out, so that the remainder has a decent choice of plane sets.  This happened last night, we had to fly a mission of Bostons and Ju-87s becuse they were the only planes with the ENY high enough to pass the filter.  (Gee that was fun :rolleyes: )
Jeff / NCLawMan (in-game)

Those who contribute the least to society, expect the most from it.

Light travels faster than sound.  This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline SHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2006, 01:53:36 PM »
Well, I've given it several weeks of trying everything out. And here's my conclusions.

#1 Squads can no longer be Squads with the Current Setup.
#2 If the Arenas are to stay as they are, ENY should DIE.
#3 Milkrunning is at an All Time High.
#4 If the LW arena had a 500 player Cap, EW and MW would Die as they should.

Spawning a 2nd Arena when 1 is Full is a Joke. If I take my squad to that arena because the 1st one is full, the ENY goes so High you can't up anything worth flying. Also if the #1 arena empties below 80% then the #2 arena disappears to those logging in, if anyone gets booted they can't rejoin their squad ops already in progress.

The Current Arena setup has got to change for the good of the entire community or Aces High is gonna die.

BTW, HiTech should remove his Commercial advertising Massive Online Multiplayer Arenas, It simply is no longer true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXLZeL59gfc&NR=1&feature=fvwp <<--My Favorite Band

If it takes full power to taxi to the hanger, your gear is probably up.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2006, 01:58:40 PM »
Originally posted by SHawk

BTW, HiTech should remove his Commercial advertising Massive Online Multiplayer Arenas, It simply is no longer true.

Why?  There is nothing false about the commercial stating MMO arenas in AH.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2006, 02:01:40 PM »
The best part of this game was MA,  and the massive multiplayer flavor,

I bought last week and instaled "IL2 complete edition", with some downloads/skins, the size of the game is over 6GB, comparing with my AH folder  aprox 600MB,
Way more advanced graphic, FM,DM.., and online  aprox 100 players/room, free to join once you have the game and behave

I still don't understand, why did HTC kill MA, the only think that made this game worth paying for  ?!

Why would players pay for AH every month 15$, when  can buy IL2 in box for 30$ or download free somwhere, a game with aprox same or some better features ?!

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2006, 02:02:33 PM »
Originally posted by Guppy35
With any luck at all Mugzeee, if we as a community can approach it with ideas to improve the game play, instead of just lamenting what was, maybe we'll make it better.

Seems like we at least got heard out in that other thread of mine.  I'd rather go at it that way.

I fully agree. I also realize that there is a need for guys to find some relief talking about it. Up to your post i see a healthy discussion..havent read beyond your post yet..But i have a feeling..........  :noid

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2006, 02:17:11 PM »
Deleted
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 02:22:37 PM by hitech »
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37