Author Topic: For those following the WWIIO saga...  (Read 894 times)

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
For those following the WWIIO saga...
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2001, 09:44:00 AM »
Layoffs are sad, but we all knew this was coming.

You make a crap game, you pay the price. I'd like to know whats the ratio of people who bought the game, kept playing, and those who quit shortly after?

Offline Superfly

• Gold Member
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2001, 09:52:00 AM »
Quote from Cabby on AGW about Aces High:

I'm tellin' ya, WBIII could go tits-up tomorrow and i would rather toss my flight controllers in the trash-can than play with that crowd, as if anyone would care one way or another.  

So, then tell me cabby... Why are you here polluting our boards if you have absolutely no interest in this game what-so-ever?  Contrary to your own self-opinion, your are acting quite juvenile.  And before you say, "But, they do the same thing on AGW!"  That is no excuse for you to come hear to troll the Aces High community.
And, yes, I do read AGW.  However, I don't post there even though I have just as much right to do so as you.  I spent 2 years of my life helping to develop WB.  But, I don't play WB anymore, so it's inappropriate for me to post there.  You, as well as others, would do well to follow this logic.

[ 11-20-2001: Message edited by: SUPERFLY ]
John "Superfly" Guytan
Art Director
HiTech Creations, Inc.

"My brain just totally farted" - Hitech, during a company meeting

Offline Revvin

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ch-hangar.com
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2001, 10:48:00 AM »
Well said

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2001, 01:29:00 PM »
Get a WB's account, Hangtime, and put your money where your mouth is.

Flew it for years. Flew over here when they put this in beta. Was one of the first to send HTC money. I like this sim... and I enjoyed WB's till they put in the RPS. In my humble opinion AH is better. And, I've always put my money where my mouth is....

I'm not the one slamming "your" sim, i just don't choose to play it.

Really??!! Then why in hell are you over here callin US love muffines?

I'm also not enough of a juvenile to "challenge" your computer-game "flying ability".

Ahh... but you hesitated not an instant to wave about yer pilots license... kinda like bringing yer third grade report card to the recess rumble, don'tcha think sonny boy?

So if you want to prove i can't play a game as well or better than you, you will have to get that WBIII account and, as they say, "show me".......

Cabby; I ain't on yer boards talkin trash; you came over here and decided to start toejam with us. You wanna play, you don't even have to pay. Who knows, mebbe you'll even be able to get the wheels up.

BTW, you go on thinking you are some kind of "flying ace" and that you are "flying" the "best" computer simulation available. I may be, as you say, a "Tard", but i'm not delusional........

I am by no means any kind of "flying ace", in fact, I pretty much suck at this game; theres plenty of sim pilots in AH that are better than me on-line here at any given time, day or night. But I DO think this is the BEST sim, and I have a ball flyin it.

So; go on home to WB's or WWII or wherever you actually fly a sim and wave yer pilots ticket around and hop up and down till yer mommy shows up fer the nappy change you so desperatly need... cause yer stinkin this place up, sonny-boy.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2001, 02:41:00 PM »
Jeez Cabby, have some respect for yourself and restrain from replying to these posts, or I am 100% sure you will make more of a tard of yourself.

Oh boy I cant wait to see your next reply!!

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2001, 02:47:00 PM »
So, what will Cabby do when WB's goes bust? FA3?  :D

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2001, 03:37:00 PM »
Hey Cabby, maybe your handle should be Crabby.   And whats WBIII and WW2OL, you guys told me Aces High was the only WW2 flight sim.  Or was that Aces High was the only WW2 flight sim worth playing.

Offline weazel

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2001, 03:57:00 PM »
Get a WB's account, Hangtime, and put your money where your mouth is. I'm not the one slamming "your" sim, i just don't choose to play it. I'm also not enough of a juvenile to "challenge" your computer-game "flying ability".
So if you want to prove i can't play a game as well or better than you, you will have to get that WBIII account and, as they say, "show me".......

BTW, you go on thinking you are some kind of "flying ace" and that you are "flying" the "best" computer simulation available. I may be, as you say, a "Tard", but i'm not delusional........

Cabby

LOL!

I played during the free month and spanked cabby and a squaddie of his like a lil red haired step children.  :D

If I can do it you damn sure don't want to fight Hangtime.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2001, 04:48:00 PM »
I gave them $70, they gave me crap.  My 'puter beat the hell out of their RECOMMENDED sys reqs, and I was getting 7 fps.  

IMO AH kicks the watermelon out of WW2OL.  And the numbers tell.  I've been watching WW2OL numbers since they went pay for CTD.  They are continually and steadily decreasing.  Meanwhile AH's number keep going up...good.  CRS lied to me, they're going under...good.

Offline Cabby44

• Copper Member
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2001, 06:32:00 PM »
Superfly:

If you could READ and COMPREHEND, i responded HERE to the the moronic GLEE some people HERE take over the difficulties of WWIIOL(and OTHER GAME PRODUCERS) and the recent LAYOFFS.  I think that SUX.  I think that attiude is STUPID.  COMPRENDE??  

If you, as you say, READ AGW, just CHECK the DIFFERENCE in repsonses to the bad news about WWIIOL and the PEOPLE(some of whom i have talked to online many times, some in person, some i PLAY OTHER GAMES WITH every week) who USED to WORK there for a LIVING to the general NASTINESS posted at THIS BBS towards both WARBIRDS and WWIIOL.  

Not only do AH'ers post their NEGATIVE DRIVEL here, but they do it at AGW AS WELL.  That too, SUX.  COMPRENDE???

I didn't say ONE WORD about the GAME ACES HIGH, which i happen to think is A GREAT GAME.  A game SUPERIOR to WB's 2.77 but, IMHO, not FOR ME at THIS TIME.   But the ATTITUDE of your PLAYER BASE sometimes leaves MANY of we WARBIRDS/AIR WARRIOR/WWIIOL ETC. PLAYERS gasping.  Why are they SO NASTY  and so QUICK to RUN-DOWN OTHER GAMES AND DEVELOPERS???  This turns many potential AH CUSTOMERS OFF.

Many POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS of YOUR company would like to see a more MATURE attitude in the AH ARENA, and maybe a DIFFERENT DIRECTION in GAMEPLAY than the one Aces High is currently embarked upon.  BUT, that doesn't mean Aces High isn't a GREAT GAME.  Nor does it mean that OTHER GAMES aren't as GREAT A GAME as Aces High.  They are just DIFFERENT.

I post here in the "OFF TOPIC"(which i assume means UNCENSORED) AH BBS because i have ALWAYS considered myself a POTENTIAL customer of HTC.  I don't POST NEGATIVE COMMENTS about AH in the AH MAIN BBS because that's STUPID, and UN-CALLED FOR.  I LIKE Aces HIgh.  If some of the morons who posted in this thread don't WANT me as CUSTOMER of HTC, i couldn't care less.  They can kiss my ass.

HOWEVER, if YOU think i should take my OPINIONS(and by inference, MY MONEY) elsewhere, then perhaps i should RECONSIDER.....

IS THAT CLEAR ENOUGH FOR YOU, SUPERFLY???

Cabby

[ 11-20-2001: Message edited by: Cabby44 ]

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2001, 06:58:00 PM »
Hey Cabby..

(cabby on AGW regarding the AH community) I'm tellin' ya, WBIII could go tits-up tomorrow and i would rather toss my flight controllers in the trash-can than play with that crowd, as if anyone would care one way or another.  

With nothin better to do, yah come back here callin us jack-asses. Then to make yer smelly toejam even stinkier you have the lack of mental bandwidth to try this line of dreck on Supe when he calls yah for not curbing your brain..

HOWEVER, if YOU think i should take my OPINIONS(and by inference, MY MONEY) elsewhere, then perhaps i should RECONSIDER.....

LOL!

As far as you EVER being an AH customer, 'potential' or otherwise...

LOL!

As for the 'WWII On-Line Saga'..

LOL!

And as to anybody at HTC ever givin a rats bellybutton about what you think..

LOL!

Oh, BTW; nice rant. I give it a 6. (I'm being generous)

[ 11-20-2001: Message edited by: Hangtime ]
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Gadfly

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2001, 07:14:00 PM »
The amazing thing to me is that Hang and Cabby are in sync on 99.9% of the issues, with just one little difference,  2 simple letters is all:  AH or WB.

Not a slam, rather a compliment to both.

Salute!  Let's rise above it.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2001, 07:22:00 PM »
gadly, I luv yah man.. ( is that a bud light??)

..but; I object to any comparison. I've never toejam in my own Cream of Wheat.

;)

[ 11-20-2001: Message edited by: Hangtime ]

...at home, or abroad.

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2001, 07:35:00 PM »
Originally posted by Cabby44:
Superfly:

If you could READ and COMPREHEND, i responded HERE to the the moronic GLEE some people HERE take over the difficulties of WWIIOL(and OTHER GAME PRODUCERS) and the recent LAYOFFS.  I think that SUX.  I think that attiude is STUPID.  COMPRENDE??  

If you, as you say, READ AGW, just CHECK the DIFFERENCE in repsonses to the bad news about WWIIOL and the PEOPLE(some of whom i have talked to online many times, some in person, some i PLAY OTHER GAMES WITH every week) who USED to WORK there for a LIVING to the general NASTINESS posted at THIS BBS towards both WARBIRDS and WWIIOL.  

Not only do AH'ers post their NEGATIVE DRIVEL here, but they do it at AGW AS WELL.  That too, SUX.  COMPRENDE???

I didn't say ONE WORD about the GAME ACES HIGH, which i happen to think is A GREAT GAME.  A game SUPERIOR to WB's 2.77 but, IMHO, not FOR ME at THIS TIME.   But the ATTITUDE of your PLAYER BASE sometimes leaves MANY of we WARBIRDS/AIR WARRIOR/WWIIOL ETC. PLAYERS gasping.  Why are they SO NASTY  and so QUICK to RUN-DOWN OTHER GAMES AND DEVELOPERS???  This turns many potential AH CUSTOMERS OFF.

Many POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS of YOUR company would like to see a more MATURE attitude in the AH ARENA, and maybe a DIFFERENT DIRECTION in GAMEPLAY than the one Aces High is currently embarked upon.  BUT, that doesn't mean Aces High isn't a GREAT GAME.  Nor does it mean that OTHER GAMES aren't as GREAT A GAME as Aces High.  They are just DIFFERENT.

I post here in the "OFF TOPIC"(which i assume means UNCENSORED) AH BBS because i have ALWAYS considered myself a POTENTIAL customer of HTC.  I don't POST NEGATIVE COMMENTS about AH in the AH MAIN BBS because that's STUPID, and UN-CALLED FOR.  I LIKE Aces HIgh.  If some of the morons who posted in this thread don't WANT me as CUSTOMER of HTC, i couldn't care less.  They can kiss my ass.

Cabby

[ 11-20-2001: Message edited by: Cabby44 ]

You are full of crap. You label this entire community like you HAVE some right too. I was a paying customer of WB's too, and have fond memories and still have friends there. But I dont label that community because of idiots like you.  I COMPRENDE all that you said, and it is pure BS. You are just an antogonizing moron, just wanting to create trouble. Nobody is buying your lies. I dont believe that the majority of the WB's community feels the way you do about AH and its community.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2001, 07:43:00 PM »
Cabby where did that AGW topic go where scrmbl called AH "amazinhunks High" ?

I used to play WB in h2h and thought it would be nice to test it online someday but 'cause guys like you and scrmble I'm not interested anymore  :)

What was that word... uhm.. potential customer ?