Author Topic: For those following the WWIIO saga...  (Read 896 times)

Offline indian

• Copper Member
For those following the WWIIO saga...
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2001, 12:06:00 AM »
I played AWIII and Warbirds hated the disco's that never got fixed, and Im on adsl account. Never played WWIIonline probably never will, the game just doesnt interrest me at all. I havent played Aces High much latetly but my money still goes to Hitech. Why is that? Hitech started in Airwarrior as a hacker if I remember correctly then became a programmer, then he Started another game called WarBirds. Wont go into detail of why he left there I would get it wrong anyway. But he started another game and here we are today.

Before anyone flames me for not trying WWIIOL I met almost all the guy at playnet they are a great bunch of guys Im not into a everlasting battle I like dog fighting.

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2001, 12:18:00 AM »
Looking up at the posts prior to Cabbys, I dont see anyone celebrating the layoffs at CRS.  Instead I saw mostly sympathy.  Cabby is way off base with his comments.

BTW

Hi-Performance Retract  

Arent those just endorsements in a logbook and not actually part of a pilots license? Seems to me you are indicating you have the most basic rating, single engine private pilot land (as opposed to seaplane).

I have been fortunate this last summer to have been flying a couple new planes, one in the high performance category and one in the complex (retract plus), they are:

N3N-3, rated as high performance, has a 235 hp engine, but flys kinda slow (think Stearman with 4 ailerons)   :)

Piper Apache - retract, flaps, constant speed props, 150hp engines.

Coincidentally I got my license in 1980 too, but it dont make me a flight sim hero, I get shot down all the time.  

I never tried WW2Online, so I dont feel qualified to speak about it, but like the rest of the AH gang here, I truely sympathize with those who have unfortunately had to leave their employment.  I wish them the best.

Dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2001, 12:44:00 AM »
If you could READ and COMPREHEND, i responded HERE to the the moronic GLEE some people HERE take over the difficulties of WWIIOL(and OTHER GAME PRODUCERS) and the recent LAYOFFS. I think that SUX. I think that attiude is STUPID. COMPRENDE??

What I can't figure out is why you didn't do the same over at AGW when the same things were being said cabby.

Hmmmmmm.

Oh... that's right... its OUR community that needs the drive by lesson from cabby.

Time to mow your own backyard there big guy.  Till then.. maybe ya better just shut the diddly up.

AKDejaVu

Offline moose

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ccrhl.com
« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2001, 01:31:00 AM »
Ya'll gotta remember we're just kids and all the mature folks are looking down on us from their cloud in the sky called WB.

I just laugh because numbers in the main approach 400 while during the free trials of WB3 I've never seen those numbers more then 150.

I think that between AH, WB, and WWIIOL, AH is just pullin away from the competition. I'm just waiting for Vertigo and the Haze to come over. I bet they will when the bombing aspect of AH is changed towards what HT said in that article.

What the hell would I do then? I miss the JPC
<----ASSASSINS---->

Offline R4M

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2001, 03:23:00 AM »
LMAO@Cabby. I think I've not seen such an hypocrit moron since MG/Macboy/whateverhewascalled.

Unlike many others, I dont want you to stop posting here. Each time I read one of your posts about AH, I simply have a ball laughing  :D

Regarding CRS, I was one of the fediddlein idiots who threw 70$ to the fediddlein trash can, thinking it was worth it. Yeah, man, 70 bucks,as the game is not published in Europe yet (thankfully for most us europeans), and I bought it in an imports shop wich, of course, sold it for a way higher price than in USA.

I used to have some fun tanking, and did my eventual runs as infantryman. The flight part was so FULL of crap that I simply had to leave it apart (Even when each time I got a 109 or spit I could spank any prettythang I found. But there was no challenge, was SO easy to kill all those dweebs). not to mention that it was buggy as hell, with enormous "jumps" ,HD accesses, etc, with a 512mb RAM machine.

I gave up in less than a month. Tried now and then but for me those 70 bucks were as good as burned.

Granted, I liked the idea. Granted, I liked the promises. And I LOVED the no-lindablair--view and the icon settings they used in planes(PLEASE HTC, MAKE A SIMILAR ICON FOR the CT arena!!!!!!!!!!). But it is full of bugs, is unplayable due horrific FPS and customer support is unexistant.

I am sad each time someone loses a job. But I think that CRS sealed WWIIOL's fate not by releasing an unfinished product-there was an ENORMOUS player base WANTING to love,play, and defend the game- but because the UNEXISTANT customer support, the LIES of CRS, and the CONTINUOUS confrontation in the boards between CRS and the unhappy customers.

That last thing really turned me away from WWIIOL. CRS released a bug instead a game, and yet they DARED to have public arguments with the unhappy guys who had spent 40$ in a piece of software crap; instead of ANSWERING the emails from the ppl who needed help.

I think that the sim/company is as good as ded. Wont survive long. And if it does it wont be with my money, they already stole me 70 bucks.

Offline K West

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2001, 08:19:00 AM »
Good cod that guy (Cabby) has got a few screws loose. I've seen rabid (been there myself a few times <G> ) before but he takes the cake.  What a warped and strange perspective he has on these things.

Westy

[ 11-21-2001: Message edited by: O'Westy ]

Offline Lance

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2001, 09:04:00 AM »
Heh, potential customers that antagonize paying customers aren't exactly worth shedding tears over.

Neither is someone who sells you a turd in a candy bar wrapper, which is why you don't see more sympathy for CRS.

Offline Superfly

• Gold Member
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2001, 09:52:00 AM »
 Originally posted by Cabby44:
Superfly:
If you could READ and COMPREHEND, i responded HERE to the the moronic GLEE some people HERE take over the difficulties of WWIIOL(and OTHER GAME PRODUCERS) and the recent LAYOFFS. I think that SUX. I think that attiude is STUPID. COMPRENDE??

I think it sucks for those guys too since I know many of them, and they nice guys.  But, that's not the point of my post.

Not only do AH'ers post their NEGATIVE DRIVEL here, but they do it at AGW AS WELL. That too, SUX. COMPRENDE???

Read about what I stated previously before you say, "but, they do it on AGW!"

I didn't say ONE WORD about the GAME ACES HIGH, which i happen to think is A GREAT GAME. A game SUPERIOR to WB's 2.77 but, IMHO, not FOR ME at THIS TIME.

Please.... You are definitely talking about AH, and you know it.  You're just being a hypocrit now.

But the ATTITUDE of your PLAYER BASE sometimes leaves MANY of we WARBIRDS/AIR WARRIOR/WWIIOL ETC. PLAYERS gasping. Why are they SO NASTY and so QUICK to RUN-DOWN OTHER GAMES AND DEVELOPERS??? This turns many potential AH CUSTOMERS OFF.

I agree, and you're attitude is right on track with those same unnamed people you so despise.

I post here in the "OFF TOPIC"(which i assume means UNCENSORED)AH BBS because i have ALWAYS considered myself a POTENTIAL customer of HTC.

This is not uncensored, just more liberally maintained than the other forums.  You are either lying to yourself or me based upon the quote (and other posts I've read) I posted from you on AGW.

I don't POST NEGATIVE COMMENTS about AH in the AH MAIN BBS because that's STUPID, and UN-CALLED FOR.

Thank you, I appreciate it.

HOWEVER, if YOU think i should take my OPINIONS(and by inference, MY MONEY) elsewhere, then perhaps i should RECONSIDER.....IS THAT CLEAR ENOUGH FOR YOU, SUPERFLY???

I have no problem with you being a customer.  It's just your high-and-mighty attitude and the condescending you do that stinks.

So, let ME make it perfectly clear to YOU.  If you continue you act this way towards me, any other HTC staff, or our customers, you will find yourself banned from the boards.  Is that clear enough for you son?

[ 11-21-2001: Message edited by: SUPERFLY ]
John "Superfly" Guytan
Art Director
HiTech Creations, Inc.

"My brain just totally farted" - Hitech, during a company meeting

Offline Corwin

• Copper Member
« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2001, 10:01:00 AM »
"...But the ATTITUDE of your PLAYER BASE sometimes leaves MANY of we WARBIRDS/AIR WARRIOR/WWIIOL ETC. PLAYERS gasping. Why are they SO NASTY and so QUICK to RUN-DOWN OTHER GAMES AND DEVELOPERS??? This turns many potential AH CUSTOMERS OFF.
Many POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS of YOUR company would like to see a more MATURE attitude in
the AH ARENA...".

Hmmm.  Seems a little egocentric to talk about controlling peoples behavior to suit a particular constitutency.   Sadly, we do have a 1st Amendment and it does, shockingly, apply even in the hallowed halls of online gaming.

In light of all the crap going on in the world today, it sounds to me like you have lost your perspective.

Offline Revvin

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ch-hangar.com
« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2001, 10:25:00 AM »
Cabby you've made more than one comment about Aces High the GAME over the years why do you lie now? If you think the HTC are intolerant to people posting negative comments try posting on iEN's forums. I made a tongue in cheek remark about early WBIII screenshots and I was banned..my first so called 'offense' in six years playing the game. Perhaps you missed the url you typed in to get here, just to refresh your memory its www.hitechcreations.com  yes thats right this site is HTC's official board for their customers to hang out and chat, AGW is not an official iEN board so more flames appear there but iEN police their boards alot stronger. You've already said over on AGW you'd never play AH even if WB died tommorow so drop the "potential customer" BS just another lie in a long line for you. Superfly works for HTC, you would'nt give this crap to Hotseat, Divine or Iceman stop trolling and go play WB.

Offline Zippatuh

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2001, 11:02:00 AM »
I’d like to nominate Cabby’s response for Rude’s “whine of the week”.

His use of sporadic capitols in conjunction with gibberish along with double question marks should oust the one posted for this week by far!

Zippatuh

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2001, 12:31:00 PM »
SUPERFLY:So, let ME make it perfectly clear to YOU. If you continue you act this way towards me, any other HTC staff, or our customers, you will find yourself banned from the boards. Is that clear enough for you son?

<Toad gets out KC BBQ Christmas Gift catalog, looking for appropriate reward to send to Grapevine>

Well said, Supe!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Weave

• Copper Member
« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2001, 02:34:00 PM »
Maybe HTC needs to adopt the same policy as the Cornered Rats. If you don't subscribe to their game, you don't get to post on their boards.

I participated in their beta, I bought the CD. The game quit recognizing my joystick (MS PP, usb) after ver. 120 and the customer support team couldn't care less about helping me out.

After the free month of play, I let my account lapse (as the game ain't much fun without the use of a joystick), I could no longer post on their boards.

Good luck CRS.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2001, 03:37:00 PM »
I think it's good that the board is open to anyone who wants to post to it.  Guys from WB (or WWIIOL for that matter) are just as good as AHers to post here in my book.  Unfortunately, you just have to take the good with the bad, and Cabby is obviously one of the bads.

To Cabby:  No one cares about you or your opinion of anyone, whether here or on AGW.  We're all a part of the WWII MMPOG community whether you like it or not and no matter what the sim is we're all looking for pretty much the same thing.  A fun experience flying WWII planes and shooting people down.  Get a life.

SOB

PS...Crabby, this thread turned sour as a direct result of your intervention and mud slinging.  Don't kid yourself into thinking you support some high moral cause for the guys over at WWIIOL.
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2001, 03:51:00 PM »
You cut out the H2H guys that way, Weave.