Author Topic: lousy fights..  (Read 9183 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
lousy fights..
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2006, 11:30:24 AM »
Originally posted by Donzo
ZOMG!!!1!!!!!   :O

Say it isn't so......there's a de-fence for teh horde?????????

You mean you can actually defend against a horde?

Wow, I would have never guessed it.

there sure is until you and the hord move off to the next undefended base.  

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
lousy fights..
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2006, 12:43:01 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack

ack-ack
Yup.  It's very annoying having to chase them around like a dog after a shreiking little boy.

Offline wipass

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.secestimating.com
lousy fights..
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2006, 04:30:49 PM »
Nah,

ack wack means he doesn't have time to get to 20 k and pick the edges

wnker

wipass

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
lousy fights..
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2006, 08:27:17 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack

ack-ack

ah yes....and the would be defenders fail to pick up and move to that undefended base, opting instead to click quit and post a whine on the BBS.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
lousy fights..
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2006, 02:34:10 AM »
Originally posted by wipass
Nah,

ack wack means he doesn't have time to get to 20 k and pick the edges

wnker

wipass

lol...believe me...against you I don't need alt or to pick the edges lol

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
lousy fights..
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2006, 09:27:15 AM »
donzo.... you get less than one kill for every time someone kills you and that...... when you have every advantage in numbers and in planes...   you are lucky to get 5 kills in an hour.

I don't think any of us want to hear what you think is a good time or skilled.

when you learn to at least hold your own against lesser planes that you have a numbers advantage on then maybe we might listen to what you say... course... you will probly have a better idea of what to say then

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

Offline Cooley

• Silver Member
lousy fights..
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2006, 11:35:46 AM »
lol, I didnt know your stats determine weather you can post an opinion here  :eek:

The Ironic part of this topic...if some noob would have posted the same exact content, Laz the BB Bully, would be the first in line to rip him up

lolol
« Last Edit: October 08, 2006, 11:38:20 AM by Cooley »
Cooleyof 367th

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
lousy fights..
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2006, 11:56:51 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
I don't think any of us want to hear what you think is a good time or skilled.lazs
Back at ya, buddy! :aok
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
lousy fights..
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2006, 12:06:16 PM »
Oh... I don't know..  a discussion of lousy fights due to overwhelming numbers is allways a good place to bring up how the guys who like and advocate that kind of fight......  

fight..

Really... newbie or not.. if you fight like donzo you will never get any better.. your only hope to not lose your cartoon life is to hide in a whorde or mega squad and chose the fastest plane you can..  attack only when you have an advantage and be content to maybe get that one killing shot on the 5 on 1 red guy as you and the other four fire from every angle you can get and run like little girls when reversed.

really...  a look at the K/D and K/H of those who think furballs aren't fun is allways in order.

never seen you e25280... what do you go by in the game?  

I think people reading opinions on what "good fights" are should be able to put it context...  I am simply saying that good fights are alien to donzo sooooo...  his opinion on the matter doesn't carry a lot of weight on this particular subject.

while the stats are no an end all to be all... newbies who fight may have similar stats but at least they are trying.

lazs

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
lousy fights..
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2006, 02:13:44 PM »
donzo.... you get less than one kill for every time someone kills you and that...... when you have every advantage in numbers and in planes...   you are lucky to get 5 kills in an hour.

when you learn to at least hold your own against lesser planes that you have a numbers advantage on then maybe we might listen to what you say... course... you will probly have a better idea of what to say then

lazs

For starters, when have I said what I think is a good time or is skilled?

And secondly, what do my stats have to do with anything?  They tell nothing.  No, I do not go out and rack up multiple kills per sortie.  So what?  I have fun in whatever I choose to do in this game.  

I guess the fact that I only have one arm and it is sometimes hard to manipulate the throttle & keyboard and fly at the same time could contribute to my getting killed more than I get kills.

I must say that while it is no surprise that you felt the need to toss your opinion into the ring, it is a somewhat disappointing post.  Maybe when you actually say something that actually means something I'll listen to what you have to say... corse... I will probably be a very old man by then.

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
lousy fights..
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2006, 02:21:25 PM »

Don't try to determine (for others) what others want. People are capable of determining and voicing that for themselves.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
lousy fights..
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2006, 07:18:08 PM »
never seen you e25280... what do you go by in the game?
Which clearly illustrates that you pay little to no attention to what anyone else says anyway.  

I've been over this same old ground a few times already.  I'd rehash it again, but it isn't worth the effort.  You'll ignore any valid points, call names, and continue your claim that somehow your opinion holds weight while no one else's does -- all of which show your closed-mindedness.  So, why should anyone care what you think?  You just don't get it.  And you refuse to try.

Its all good -- fly and fight however you want.  Plenty of room for all kinds.  Not everyone will fight the way you want.  Its a fact.  So, why come here and whine about it?
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline slimm50

• Gold Member
lousy fights..
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2006, 09:18:41 PM »
Lazs2:
"slimm... I'm thinking the oppossite. good dot dar tells you when a good fight exists... with bar dar people become frieghtened to risk their cartoon lives... they then tend to hold each others hands and go in large groups.

Better... would be more durable radar with the field spacing closer in the early and mid war arenas than in the late war ones."

HT:
"I tend to see it have the oposit effect slimm.

Have done test to see what happens with radar for everyone all the time.

It tends to promote more but smaller fights.

It tends to let people mount a defense early when a "Horde" is taking off."

Both points well taken. Gives me another perspective to consider. More and smaller fights is defintely a good thing.  Hey, maybe there should be an age limit.

J/K    ;)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
lousy fights..
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2006, 08:07:06 AM »
slimm... yep.. that is the way I see it.   Closer fields would also help for the early war I would think.

ltarget... I am simply pointing out that the guys like yourself and donzo and a lot of the other mega sqaud whorders who defend their actions and are so upset when they get their covers pulled really don't know what a good fight is....

Your stats are allmost a duplicate of donzos with even less success when meeting an opponent even when you have an overwhelming advantage which you and he have allways claimed is good gameplay...

Your stats are an open book... I didn't compile em...you sighned on to have people look at em when you threw in your credit card...   You aren't really fooling anyone in any case...  the stats just confirm..

So kids... look at the stats of the guys who claim mega squads and whordes and late war planes and 5-10 on one fighting is fun and that it builds skill and see that they...

ain't gettin any better and... are no more fun to play with now than they ever were.,,

lazs

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
lousy fights..
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2006, 08:22:33 AM »
slimm... yep.. that is the way I see it.   Closer fields would also help for the early war I would think.

I don't think that can even be disputed at this point. Anybody that spends a few hours in EAW will see that the best fights have been CV vs Airbase battles, where you have 4k icons while you're still taking off. Then it becomes a swirling mess of a6m & f4f vs hurris, spittys, & p40s.

Inevitably though, the fun police come along to either pork the FHs or CV in an effort to capture/defend a little piece of digital terrain, ignoring the 5 on 5 or 10 on 10 going on right underneath them.

edit: however watching hacksaw pop all the red icons with 5 inches of fury as you merge on them is as comical & impressive as it is annoying.