Author Topic: Whats a \\\"Mega Squad\\\"?  (Read 4398 times)

storch

Whats a \\\"Mega Squad\\\"?
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2006, 07:24:23 AM »
I don't think the HA realy qualify as a mega squad in the strictest sense.  I'll go out on a limb here, the HA aren't a mega squad.  you guys don't march around in lockstep going from undefended base to undefended base like a colony of army ants leaving desolation in their wake.  you guys don't pick a place, create a four sector dar bar in which region no one is allowed to up until every hanger and toolshed is down for safety's sake.  the members of your squad can fight and do fight.  lastly as you pointed out while you may have 60 guys on the roster if you cleaned up that roster you might have half that many in real numbers.  a true mega squad is a home for the inept, led by the incapable doing the unmentionable.  that does not sound like you guys at all.

Offline Nomak

• Silver Member
Re: Re: Re: Whats a \\\"Mega Squad\\\"?
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2006, 07:55:58 AM »
Originally posted by Slash27
........you are part of the "cancer " in AH. .....

I should'nt have used this word where I did.  I appoligize.  I would edit it out now if I could.  It is inappropriate.

Dave

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2006, 08:12:11 AM »
the real problem with the mega squads is that they usually have manditory squad nights, and are banned from switching sides, or just dont want to.

so they roll a 40 player missions, just to go to an undefended base...

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2006, 08:24:50 AM »
yep biggles... let em have the lw arena.. they like the planeset and the fact that they can run away from people dumb enough to choose early planes in there anyway.  It is a slum of their making so let em have it.  

At least now we have a couple of arenas where individuals and people who like to interact with the community and the people around em can go and not have all the milkrunners and griefers.

I say let the milkrunners and borg and griefers have the lw arena.

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2006, 08:32:12 AM »
Well, if they like to horde and take undefended bases/landgrab - why not just let them?

Go find/pick a fight with someone that wants to fight and ignore the "landgrab" if you dont like it.
Or take part in the base taking process/team play (announce on 200 if you want defense/resistance).
Or milkrun if you like to see the "## has been captured" message.

I dont really see where the problem is some times.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2006, 08:36:07 AM »
Originally posted by Schatzi
Well, if they like to horde and take undefended bases/landgrab - why not just let them?

Go find/pick a fight with someone that wants to fight and ignore the "landgrab" if you dont like it.
Or take part in the base taking process/team play (announce on 200 if you want defense/resistance).
Or milkrun if you like to see the "## has been captured" message.

I dont really see where the problem is some times.

well, it's just not very nice to log into an arena, only to find the 3 countries mainly in 3 different places. you got a horde at field a, a different horde at field b and a string of cons headed to field c.

none of them interact, which, you know, kinda destroys the point of them game. i personally dont pay to race other teams for fields, i pay to fight them. other guys can do what they like, i dont care too much, but i do like to voice my concerns here now and then :)

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2006, 08:38:55 AM »
shatzi... there is no problem now... simply stay out of the late war slum.

The problem used to be finding a decent fight... that is rarely a problem for (at least prime time) early or mid war.

the splits have shaken  out as such...

LW.... old ma slum with timid borg and milkrunners..

EW... great fights with individuals and a place where you can learn.

MW... more plane choice but still great fights... borg gets made fun of and very few griefers attend.

nope shatzi... I like the new arenas... Playing more now than ever and avoiding the LW slum like the plague...  something I never had the choice to do in the old MA of late.

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2006, 08:43:29 AM »
Originally posted by Major Biggles
well, it's just not very nice to log into an arena, only to find the 3 countries mainly in 3 different places. you got a horde at field a, a different horde at field b and a string of cons headed to field c.

none of them interact, which, you know, kinda destroys the point of them game. i personally dont pay to race other teams for fields, i pay to fight them. other guys can do what they like, i dont care too much, but i do like to voice my concerns here now and then :)

Thats exactly my point. I understand you play the game to FIGHT, not to do the milkrun. So do I. What i mean is this: Others obviously do NOT play the game to fight, but to do their thing (and i dont mean that degrading in any way - just different goals in game). Whyt dont the "fighter" types just *ignore* them and find like minded players to do THEIR thing while the "landgrabbers" can do theirs.

But then maybe the "BBS Whine" is just another "goal in game"..... Im sorry for disturbing you all. Just dont mind my wonderings.
Carry on :).
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2006, 09:22:25 AM »
Lazs you have no clue.....  As part of what you so affectionatly call the borg I can tell you that we do not all just hang around in the LW "slum" as you put it.

Last night for example there were several of us in MW having some good fights taking bases... and a few nights ago we had a most of us that were online in the EW and fighting rooks for bases.. This was great fun, not often I get to fly JU's around chasing down fighters :)

You seem to have this deluded idea that we just want the LW arena and it is simply not true in fact there are several of us that can barly stand the LW. Thndregg being one of them, I think he's been in LW maybe 2 or 3 times otherwise he's in EW or MW.  Though I do miss uping my F4U-4 but I can survive without it. I like being able to go to MW and fly my KI-61 and have good fights with out having to worry about being ganged by LA-7 and SPIT-16 dweebs.:) I love EW when we actually have people defending bases against us because EW requiers different tactics to take well defended bases. It's not so easy to just up a crap load of attack planes with bombs and smash a base. EW requiers a good combo of bombers, fighters and some GV's help alot. That is if there were enough people in EW to have a good war with...  

So would you please stop making the broad assumtion that we all just hang around in LW flying the most uber ride we can get our hands on, milk running every base we come across.... Espetially after the last change to LW it's hard to get togeather with just the 20 some odd guys in my particular wing, or sub squad I guess would be a more correct term.  Not that I want to be in LW.
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2006, 09:27:01 AM »
Ditto Flayed!  I only go to LW if it's squad night and it can rot in EA land the rest of the time.

All the Best...
Jay
awDoc1;)
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2006, 09:42:23 AM »
Originally posted by storch
I don't think

Did you type something after this?  

I couldn't tell.

Offline Quah!

• Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2006, 10:21:52 AM »
Whyt dont the "fighter" types just *ignore* them and find like minded players to do THEIR thing while the "landgrabbers" can do theirs.
Because as soon as a good fight got started, the landgrabbers would soon show up and the good fight would be gone.  As simple to understand as that.

Now with the multiple arenas this is mitigated somewhat, but when you get the win the war folk that need to take bases the problem arises in a much smaller and to a degree more manageable mannor.  

With the smaller numbers and like minded people in EW and MW, it has been easy enough to leave the landgrabbers and move to another base.  The problem is eventually the landgrabbers show up again and you have to move again.

If the landgrabbers out number those that would rather fight the arena gets relatively boring, but at least now we have more than one choice and can change arena's as well, looking for better more like minded players.

But then maybe the "BBS Whine" is just another "goal in game"..... Im sorry for disturbing you all. Just dont mind my wonderings.

That's just a cheap shot. :aok

storch

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2006, 11:19:40 AM »
Originally posted by Donzo
Did you type something after this?  

I couldn't tell.
why the personal attack?  my comment was not directed at you or your squad.  I commented in general.  I understand the concept of if the shoe fits wear it,  is that what prompted that personal attack?  now if you want to make this personal  I'll put my usually good manners aside and spend the next week laying into you and your squadmates.  is that what you want?

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: Whats a \\\"Mega Squad\\\"?
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2006, 11:28:55 AM »
Originally posted by Slash27
Who are the \\\"Mega Squads\\\" and what defines them as such? Is it actual numbers or actions in game, combo of both, or just opinions or perceptions?

Are some just bored they now troll?
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: Whats a \\\"Mega Squad\\\"?
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2006, 11:53:18 AM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum

Are some just bored they now troll?
Troll? It's a legitimate question a lot of us would like to know.