Author Topic: Loosing Your mind...community and property, too...?  (Read 2174 times)

Offline Zuum

• Gold Member
Loosing Your mind...community and property, too...?
« on: October 23, 2006, 03:38:38 PM »
Skuzzy, Hitech...or whoever is making decisions with AH...???!!!

What is this mess with neverending splits with arenas? Please, crystallisize these all!

Please, do and act as Martin Luther did for 500 years ago...
Nail Your agenda on the wall.

What do You want from us(customers)?
More money? More respect? More cheese? More...What???

What is Your vision with AH in the future?

I think, Iīm not the only one concerning these things...

Others with a good manner...and, unfortunately,  others with evil manner, too

Still I think...

Letīs share our knowledge, undertanding  and joy.

K.I.S.S.

Keep It Simple and Stupid
;-)

With best wishes from Finland,

Zuum
-Yuri Gagarin was a fool. He travelled three times around the world  and returned to CCCP-

storch

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 03:49:19 PM »
he nailed them to the door of the cathedral.

just saying

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 03:55:22 PM »
What is Your vision with AH in the future?

A 1000 arenas of 300 people each

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 03:58:20 PM »
wuhooo! i'll try and live long enough. can i pay for 80 years sub in advance :D
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 03:58:57 PM »
Originally posted by hitech

$4,500,000 a month in sub payments :)
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2006, 04:00:07 PM »
Your gonna have to fix them mission planners...255 slots per mission is gonna be hell on all the defenders in a 300 player arena...

:p

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2006, 04:11:43 PM »
Originally posted by hitech

Why not 100 arenas with 3000 people each ? would make same $,

Is there a technical reason (conection/ lag/server reaching boiling point) for disolving MA and lower caps/arena?
 I still don't understand the reason?!:(

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2006, 04:24:34 PM »
From Pyro's post on September 14, 2006
Originally posted by Pyro
I'm going to shut down the first thread due to its size and continue here. I'll start off with a FAQ of sorts on some things that were brought up in the original thread. Keep it civil please.

Why did you make this change?

We made this change because it will allow us to support an unlimited amount of players in a much healthier online environment that gives us better long-term growth. The single MA has grown to the point of being unhealthy. This is not a subjective evaluation, it is quantifiable and they are numbers that we look at every day. It's obvious that we simply cannot keep pumping more players into a single arena without hitting a stagnation point.

Why are you doing this now?

There's a convergence of factors such as current arena health, player mass, time of year and a couple of things in the pipeline that we believe will provide an influx of players. Taken together, we believe this is the best time to make this transition.

Is this being done for technical reasons?

No. While some people on lower end machines may see some performance benefit, it's not for technical reasons that the change is being made.

This is going to fracture the community.

We disagree. Communities grow and healthy growth requires structure. Just packing in as many people as possible creates a slum, not a community. We now have multiple neighborhoods in our community, but they are all connected.

The caps need to be adjusted.

The cap numbers as well as the numbers of arenas will undergo adjustment as needed. During the transition, we feel its important not to make them too large in order to overcome habit and herding behavior. Things will change as we move through the transition period and people begin to regain their comfort level.

We need better tools to find or communicate with people across the different arenas.

We agree. We have some host side changes that will be coming out shortly that will facilitate cross arena communication and hooking up with your squad mates and we'll continue to develop more things that will help in this area.

Are you crazy?

No, we are rational and unemotional about this. We don't undertake a major change because we're masochists; we make the change because we believe that it is ultimately what's best for the game.

Why didn't you take a poll or announce it earlier?

It wouldn't be useful to us for this change. We know it's going to be controversial. The real test is not whether people think they're going to like it or dislike it, it's what happens after we make the transition and things are settled. I didn't like beer the first time I tried it but I've grown quite fond of it since then. The transition is the worst part and we have no interest in dragging that out opening up a conflict of speculation before it even starts. We ultimately have to do what we think is best for the game.

That was posted shortly after the initial changes to the arenas.

Both Pyro and HiTech have made many statements regarding all this.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Zuum

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2006, 04:30:40 PM »
Originally posted by storch
he nailed them to the door of the cathedral.

just saying

There is no evidence of that certain happening;-):D
Door...or, not the door...
Thatīs not the question.
We both are right.

:D
-Yuri Gagarin was a fool. He travelled three times around the world  and returned to CCCP-

Offline 68slayr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2006, 04:56:42 PM »
So it was said that 600ppl arenas were "unhealthy"  That was my favorite part of the game.  The "massive multiplayer battles" that are now gone.

I was wonder if the change was made partyly because of all the complaining?
HT................u want 1000 arenas wih 300 ppl in each......................... .. How about the near future?

Once the player base expands would this be an option?

HAve a Late War1 with a cap of 700 ppl?
and...
Have a Late war2 with a cap of 300 ppl?

If they complain bout to many Cherrypickers/HOers/Ramers they can go to LW2 where there aren't massive furballs and more 1 vs 1 fights.  This gives the ppl who don't like the MA style a place to play and a MA.  

This probly won't come very soon but mabye when we have near 1000 players on a night?

btw i'm not taking a jab at HiTech or skuzzy but here are my questions.

-68slayr-

Offline Zuum

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2006, 05:03:58 PM »
How about all in one?

:aok

Offline moneyguy

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2006, 05:14:06 PM »
how about just get over yourself and play the game or quit, and stop the whining, crying, HT screwed me threads   :mad:

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2006, 05:19:23 PM »
You guys seem to be making this way harder than it is.

HT and co. have repeatedly said that the ISSUE is arena size, and its effect on the average plaer in terms of gameplay and community.

I understand that you liked the 600 player arenas. HTC has said that even thought large totals were fun for some, the NET effect on AH was negative. Every recent step they've taken has been designedt to make the arena populations small enough to support true community for the average player (who may not want to commit to a large squad experience.

Reread what's been posted by HTC personnel, especially the long Pyro post above. HiTech wants no more than 300 in an arena, even if that means there are 1000 arenas.

Its that simple.

At the end of the day, remember that its his game, and HE is the one who's fortune rides on the outcome. But its not an arbitrary power trip -- No one has more experience in aircraft MMO design. I have no doubt he understands whats happening, and whats at stake, better than we do.
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2006, 05:21:07 PM »
how many times do they have to say it..... 300 is the limit they have chosen! Either learn to live with it, or go play WoW !

I think if HT got $1 every time someone ask for the cap to be increased, he wouldn't need 1000 arenas, and could most likely retire now! :rofl

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2006, 05:34:38 PM »
the next question that needs to be considered .

Was the old MA correctly supporting 500 plus players ???

I myself was just getting a lousy FE when the numbers were that high ..rubber bullits , rear end collisions from guys all the time and they fly off unscathed , unbelieviable warpage , high disco rate ... the list goes on ..

with the under 500 arena I dont get any of that stuff . Play is good .
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation