Author Topic: Loosing Your mind...community and property, too...?  (Read 2171 times)

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Loosing Your mind...community and property, too...?
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2006, 05:09:39 PM »
Originally posted by palef
and yes you do get bumped automatically to the lower populated LW arena now.

Hopefully that will change.

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2006, 05:24:02 PM »
Originally posted by Zuum
monday:ROFL
tuesday:ROFL
wednesday:ROFL
thursday:ROFL
friday:ROFL
saturday:ROFL
sunday:...OOPS
:D

hmm hmm..... :confused: whats wrong?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 05:27:23 PM by Overlag »
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2006, 05:26:04 PM »
Originally posted by hitech
ghi: We already have comptition. 2 games are 100 % direct competitors.

HiTech

i can only think of WWIIOL, and to be fair, the airwar sucks in that.... sure its miles above AH in ground war, but AH isnt a groundwar sim.

Il2 might be the other one, but IL2 is about 64 player arenas furballing it around..... hardly competition..... although i suppose you are leading AH into that style of game :(
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2006, 06:40:57 PM »
HT is talking about WW2OL and WB.
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline LLv34_Dictonius

• Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2006, 11:48:31 PM »
Phew

What indeed separated IL2 and AH was that the latter used to be an MMO. In fact it was the only reason I used to play AH along with the IL2 - i liked the idea of enjoying my beer in a good company at saturday night while participating huge missions no one came home alive - my interest was most definately not in the flight model :)

Scattering the communities and fragmenting the game arenas in to a bits and pieces sounds a bit odd solution for problems presented here. In fact trying to think why to stick with the AH doesn't give me any definitive answers. IL2 is better simulator in all aspects - except the one that has just been substituted by moral (mis)judgement.

Unbelievable must I say...

Good luck!!! :aok
Current handle: Tikto
Member of the big finnish squadron Vaasan Vaakalentäjät

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2006, 12:09:30 AM »
Originally posted by LLv34_Dictonius
Phew

What indeed separated IL2 and AH was that the latter used to be an MMO. In fact it was the only reason I used to play AH along with the IL2 - i liked the idea of enjoying my beer in a good company at saturday night while participating huge missions no one came home alive - my interest was most definately not in the flight model :)

Scattering the communities and fragmenting the game arenas in to a bits and pieces sounds a bit odd solution for problems presented here. In fact trying to think why to stick with the AH doesn't give me any definitive answers. IL2 is better simulator in all aspects - except the one that has just been substituted by moral (mis)judgement.

Unbelievable must I say...

Good luck!!! :aok

I am partial to "Pacific Fighters" Myself! (Same family, i know...) Graphics, FM amazing
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline AirO

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.llv36.org
band of brothers
« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2006, 08:04:32 AM »
Hey, I like the game, but...I have been on/off AH since last century. I have flown solo, in squads, foreign and domestic, the works...I've always been able to find some reason to return when these autumn evenings turn darker after summer spent outdoors. It has been a great privilege to fly with my countrymen, in MA, AvA or in special events. They are the community to me. I will never regard every poor soul playing AH as part of my community, nor will I feel I belong to the same community with them. Not every man is my brother, either. I "fly" here to "shoot" their cartoon "planes" down for my amusement, nothing more. Sometimes it's more fun to do with buddies, but that's about as much interaction I need. From time to time I just can't take all the bs on 200, so called interaction between community members. Phew!
As so many of my countrymen have stated, flying together has been deprived from us by this arena change or atleast made a helluva more difficult. Why allow players to form squads, if flying as asquad i.e. using advantage of co-operation on enemy, is made impossible or by this arena setting made possible only on less popular arenas? Not to mention multiple squads flying together...I don't really care about HTC's reasons, I'm an unhappy customer. So this is a complaint- change it back. Make it work, it shoud not be our problem how HTC solves it's problems. Product is not anymore as discribed when I ordered the service provided by HTC, yet HTC have not approached me to discuss possible discount  as a result to lowered service performance. Feel free to mail me Your suggestion on compensation.
I have tolerated constant neutering of LW rides, plane set that does not develop, popping trees of Fangorn, but thank God we got rid of the sheep!
What I'm sayin basically is, maybe I'll hang around for a while too see how this works, but unless there is a change for the better, I'll eject, permanently.
Like somebody would care.
Out

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2006, 08:49:02 AM »
Acctualy WW2OL is not a direct competitor. And neither is IL2.

The direct competition is WB and Fighter Ace

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: band of brothers
« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2006, 09:06:12 AM »
Originally posted by AirO
What I'm sayin basically is, maybe I'll hang around for a while too see how this works, but unless there is a change for the better, I'll eject, permanently.
Like somebody would care.
Out

I think this is a wise approach.

- oldman

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
« Reply #69 on: October 25, 2006, 09:48:31 AM »
EW 8/350
MW 5/350
LW 121/120
LW  21/170

So the best AH can offer me today at 18:00 local time, when I have a chance to play, are 21 players divided in 3 countries :(

IL2 did not use to be a competitor because AH had large arenas. At this very particular moment IL-2 has larger arenas...

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: October 25, 2006, 11:14:19 AM »
Originally posted by BlauK
EW 8/350
MW 5/350
LW 121/120
LW  21/170

So the best AH can offer me today at 18:00 local time, when I have a chance to play, are 21 players divided in 3 countries :(

IL2 did not use to be a competitor because AH had large arenas. At this very particular moment IL-2 has larger arenas...

I heard about IL2, for long time,  I bought FB, few weeks ago after this changes, and offers same kind of gaming like here now,mostly fight not war/land grab,  here are still more players/arena, but are getting closer
 imop , you are right , it was not a competitor, but now it is
  the graphic,FM, DM is amazzing, and lot more plane modeled, I've seen also a movie with new add on "46" coming out soon,  unfinished projects of WW2 modeled , looks like SF movie
 I would like to see a massive multy build on IL2 game engine, it would make waves on ww2 flight sim

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #71 on: October 25, 2006, 03:33:09 PM »
Maybe the "quest for an answer" will arrive on the 1,999th thread of the very same topic?

I find it pathetic that this thread is still punted, pathetic from the standpoint in that it isn't UP TO US.   If you haven't gotten that yet, you really should take "moneyguy's" advice and move on.   It really is as simple as that.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC