Author Topic: C205 progress (Where's my bottle of wine, Gatt??)  (Read 1720 times)

Offline weazely

• Silver Member
C205 progress (Where's my bottle of wine, Gatt??)
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2006, 04:16:11 PM »
done forget to make a c202 skin:D
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX.
Invidia V2 Catless Downpipe
STi Catback
HKS SQV BOV

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2006, 04:56:12 PM »
Weazley, I was wondering about that, but I can't find any references to a 202 with this herringbone pattern. The 202s had the earlier paint schemes, I think. If you've got references for the 202, I'd love to see 'em.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2006, 05:15:50 PM »
New colors based on the links Fencer supplied:

[EDIT: The tan looks the same, but I think the shade of green is better now]

( OLD IMAGES FOR COMPARISON: )

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2006, 11:17:58 PM »
Very good Krusty :) Now what about some weathering? ;)
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2006, 01:51:24 AM »
Tomorrow! :)

I've got lots of ideas

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2006, 03:43:03 PM »
Krusty :aok

Regards,

hap

great skin work.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2006, 04:05:37 PM »
Some weathering. Sorry it's late, but the new 2.09 patch and new rudder pedals ate up my time :)

Cannon exhaust stains are misaligned on the top of the wing, I will fix this. Engine exhaust is a problem, because I can't put any on the top of the wing (it stretches horribly there). I think I'll just have it arch up exaggeratedly, and follow the curve of the wing root, if you can picture what I mean.

I had to push the panels lines, but I don't think I like them as-is. Because this was designed for a 256x256 texture (first generation skin) if I do standard panel lines you can barely see them. It scales them smaller than normal. So I have to make them more visible (darker). I'm working on a good balance, so bear with me.

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2006, 06:49:53 AM »
Very good Krusty, hold on! ;) Lets hope HTC will revamp the 205 graphics ASAP.
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2006, 01:59:01 PM »
If the macci (macchi?) planes had DTs I'd only fly them, ever.

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2006, 04:47:21 PM »
Its looking good Krusty.

The fuselage panel lines seem a bit heavy compared to the wing ones. It looks the engine hatch lines are supposed to be heavier, but even the lighter lines on the fuselage are heavier than the wing ones if you see what I mean.

Looking at the C205 texture itself, the wing is much bigger than it should be relative to the fuselage. The game therefore shrinks the wing panel more and the panel lines fade more with it.

Best bet would be to duplicate all the panel line layers, erase the wing lines from one set and the fuselage ones from the other, then adjust opacity to suit.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2006, 11:10:03 PM »
Greebo: good eye. I noticed that myself. I was thinking about doing that, but it was more of a hassle than I wanted to tackle at the time I did those screenshots! :)

I want the panels to be noticable on the fuselage. The initial screenshots barely showed up. However I don't want them TOO thick on the wings. I guess I'll bite the bullet and do it the hard way, like you mention.

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2006, 12:03:30 AM »
keep at it its looking awsome
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets
I could strike down 1,000 bulletin board accounts in 5 seconds.
You want ownage, I'll give you ownage! -Skuzzy
I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2006, 11:41:33 AM »
Thanks for the feedback, fellas!

I think it's pretty much done here.

The wings literally have twice the resolution of the fuselage, becaus I doubled all panel lines (2 px wide) and when viewed on the plane, the wing panel lines are the exact width of the fuselage ones. This means the wings start looking funny at times, breaking the bitmap up a bit from any angle other than dead-on. That's why the panel lines might look like crap on the wings. Rest assured they look better on the bitmap, and there's nothing I can do about this rendering issue.

I think I'm done. I can't do a real spiral, but I did one like the 190's spiral (2 angled rings, when the spinner goes real fast it looks like a spiral).

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2006, 11:43:06 AM »
Whoops! Forgot some stencils and stuff!!! Okay... so not quite done! lol! I need a few things on there, THEN done! :aok

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2006, 12:20:46 PM »
Just 1 screenshot to show what it looks like with stencils. Small detail, but I think it adds something. There should be a red triangle behind the canopy on the side, but it stretches too much to get one there.