Author Topic: Democrats win big on House. Senate... a toss-up  (Read 4361 times)

Offline 1K3

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Democrats win big on House. Senate... a toss-up
« on: November 03, 2006, 03:12:46 PM »
Projected New Senate:     49 Democrats     49 Republicans     2 ties
Projected New House:     241 Democrats     193 Republicans     1 Tie

http://www.electoral-vote.com/

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 03:48:06 PM »
All those polls lean heavily democratic.  I haven't figured out why yet.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline sluggish

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 03:55:33 PM »
Originally posted by lasersailor184

Really? Or are you being facetious?
The reason polls lean heavily to the Democrats is that Democrats (which 90% of reporters are) believe that the great unwashed are so easily led that they will automatically vote for whomever they think is going to win.

(they're probably right too...)

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 04:00:48 PM »
Polls?  Leaning Democrat?  How Absurd!

Got a call from a Pollster, looking for my wife, she registers Democrat.  I said She wasn't home, but I'll answer.

"Umm..is this MR. ROC?"

Yes I say

No Thanks they say.

I, on the other hand, am registered Republican :rofl

Must not have wanted to hear my view.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2006, 05:43:13 PM »
Dems will get 3, maybe 4 Senate seats (Ohio, PA, NJ......mebbe MD). so Gop will retain control there

And 14 to 18 House seats, whch will gives us Nancy Pelosi, Charles Rangel, Barney Frank,  and Alcee Hastings running our government, which oughta give us no end of yucks for the next 2 years:aok
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2006, 06:12:19 PM »
In the event the Democrats do not dominate this election, the cries of voter fraud and stolen elections will be deafening. And I'm not yet convinced that the election is going to go the way the Democrats want and expect it to. If you look at history, they should have won back control at least in the last election. In near every case in the last hundred years, the party of the President has consistently lost seats in every mid term election, with only a few exceptions. The Democrats have been way behind the curve since Bush was elected. They'd have to double what the best predictions are for their gains just to catch up. And if they don't, they'll swear things are fixed. Bet on it.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2006, 06:27:49 PM »
Originally posted by bj229r
Dems will get 3, maybe 4 Senate seats (Ohio, PA, NJ......mebbe MD). so Gop will retain control there

And 14 to 18 House seats, whch will gives us Nancy Pelosi, Charles Rangel, Barney Frank,  and Alcee Hastings running our government, which oughta give us no end of yucks for the next 2 years:aok

Here is what you get with Nancy Pelosi (This is how she's voted on issues in the past)
-voted to uphold partial-birth abortion

-voted against parental notification when minor children seek abortion

-has shown no concern for the rights of the innocent unborn, yet consistently opposed the death penalty.

- voted against welfare reform, including the 1996 bill signed by President Clinton and its re-authorization.

-opposes a constitutional amendment to permit school prayer in the classroom.

-opposes allowing state and local governments to display the Ten Commandments on public property, including schools.

-voted against education IRAs.
-opposed a $10 million program for school vouchers in the District of Columbia.

-voted against the 10-year $400 billion Medicare prescription-drug bill because she preferred one that was twice as expensive.

-voted for tax increases and opposed tax cuts

-opposed drilling for oil in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.

-lead the opposition in 2000 against then-President Clinton's successful effort to establish permanent normal trade relations with China.

-opposed giving Mr. Clinton and Mr. Bush trade-promotion authority

-voted against the Central American Free Trade Agreement.

-voted to end Radio Marti broadcasts to Cuba.

-voted to reduce funds for the B-2 intercontinental bomber, which performed superbly in the 1999 Kosovo War, in 2001 in Afghanistan and in Iraq.

-opposed anti-missile defense, even as a nuclear-armed North Korea has tested ballistic missiles.

storch

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2006, 06:33:24 PM »

that would be alcee hastings an impeached judge who was caught red handed accepting bribes, who is re-elected by the largest concentration of sociopaths in the state of florida will be the head of the important select commitee on intelligence and serve on the terrorism and homeland security commitee.  I will wager you that we will pay in blood if this person is ever to hold such power.

read about this gem it's amazing he gets re-elected even in the his predominantly black district.  if ever there was a need for gerrymandering....  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcee_Hastings

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2006, 06:40:25 PM »
Originally posted by Captain Virgil Hilts
In the event the Democrats do not dominate this election, the cries of voter fraud and stolen elections will be deafening. And I'm not yet convinced that the election is going to go the way the Democrats want and expect it to. If you look at history, they should have won back control at least in the last election. In near every case in the last hundred years, the party of the President has consistently lost seats in every mid term election, with only a few exceptions. The Democrats have been way behind the curve since Bush was elected. They'd have to double what the best predictions are for their gains just to catch up. And if they don't, they'll swear things are fixed. Bet on it.
Big time SHACK!!!!

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2006, 07:14:37 PM »
electoral-vote.com was pretty far off in the last presidential election...  He's trying to be unbiased (sort of) but if you look at his newsy stuff he pretty much focuses on dem gains and repub losses.  But he does try to report the polls pretty much straight.

Still, the polls aren't always right, or even very close.  Even without the voting ballot issues, he projected a solid loss for Pres Bush in 2004 and missed the mark by about 60 electoral votes IIRC.
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline Debonair

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2006, 07:56:43 PM »
The Univeristy of Iowa has been running a project for a long time that attempts to use market forces (wagering) to predict election results.  
They're very accurate, but the ammount of participation is low, so the data is noisy.
iirc they do about half a $million on presidential elections & a quarter on mid-terms
http://www.biz.uiowa.edu/iem/markets/data_congress06.html
[SIZE=8]NO VIGGORISH[/SIZE] fu vegas:D :D :cool: :cool: :cool:

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2006, 08:23:50 PM »
So as long as the democrats remain the party of "reward the mediocre, and sub par performance, and penalize the average-above average workers", they will never get a vote for me...

If all these at the mininum, 200 grand a year dems support the poor so much, and are so anti wealth, why arnt they giving all their money to charity?  hypocrits
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2006, 08:43:22 PM »
Originally posted by storch
that would be alcee hastings an impeached judge who was caught red handed accepting bribes, who is re-elected by the largest concentration of sociopaths in the state of florida will be the head of the important select commitee on intelligence and serve on the terrorism and homeland security commitee.  I will wager you that we will pay in blood if this person is ever to hold such power.

read about this gem it's amazing he gets re-elected even in the his predominantly black district.  if ever there was a need for gerrymandering....  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcee_Hastings
I lived in Tampa at the time he was impeached...it was a GIVEN that he was going to prison, now he stands to become one of the most important people in the country

Btw, Jane Harmon from CA, a very level-headed lady, SHOULD become chairman of Armed Services Committee, but she wasn't leftist enough for Pelosi, and thus has been tossed overboard. Which brings to mind guys like Harold Ford, senate candidate from TN-- "Christian, Pro gun, Pro life" He MAY get elected, but HOW THE F will he get ANY power within the Democratic party to do something for his state with an outlook like that? He is more rightist than Joe Lieberman, who was thrown out. (Unless, of course, Harold is lying his arse off to get elected, and will instantly propose a " Gays in the military" type thing as soon as elected)
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2006, 08:55:22 PM »
Which brings to mind guys like Harold Ford, senate candidate from TN-- "Christian, Pro gun, Pro life" He MAY get elected, but HOW THE F will he get ANY power within the Democratic party to do something for his state with an outlook like that? He is more rightist than Joe Lieberman, who was thrown out. (Unless, of course, Harold is lying his arse off to get elected, and will instantly propose a " Gays in the military" type thing as soon as elected)

Harold Ford Jr is the newest son of one of the sleaziest slimiest families in politics. Either his father or his uncle (I can't remember) was once arrested for driving 100MPH down Interstate 40 and shooting at trucks through the moonroof of his Lincoln. Several of the Fords have been busted for various form of corruption, inlcuding the recent Tennessee Waltz sting which nailed one of them. When that one stepped down, there was an election to replace him. His sister or aunt ran and won by 13 votes, of which about 8 or 10 were cast by dead people, and another 1/2 dozen or so were cast by people who were ineligible to vote for one reason or another. When the state legislature voted to declare the election invalid on the grounds of voter fraud, she sued and had a federal judge bring an injunction.

Bob Corker is NOT who I would have chosen, but Ford is no choice at all. There were a couple of good candidates, but the Republican party supported Corker over them, so we have Corker who I don't really trust, and don't much care for. But he's better than Ford, who as my dear old Dad used to say before he left this ****ty world, "I wouldn't trust in an outhouse with a muzzle on him".
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2006, 09:15:42 PM »
Originally posted by lasersailor184

:rofl