Author Topic: You've gotta see this IL2 vid!  (Read 1242 times)

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
You've gotta see this IL2 vid!
« on: November 30, 2006, 04:46:17 PM »
I was gonna make an AH vid to that song, but theres NO WAY I can top this... :cry

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8470342122187748919&q=Spitfire&hl=en
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline cpxxx

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 05:00:56 PM »
Well.............wow.

Offline bsdaddict

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 05:04:12 PM »
nice vid.  would like to see a little less focus on the killshots and more on ACMs, but that's me...

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 05:06:26 PM »
Dear lord.  Videos like that are great advertising.   :eek:

Offline MoeRon

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2006, 05:11:28 PM »
nicely done:aok
Lotteries are a tax for people who suck at math.

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2006, 05:15:39 PM »
Aside from the annoying music, that was awesome. I would have preferred to have had the in-game sounds than that music.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline Makarov9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.332nd.org/
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2006, 05:36:30 PM »
Incredible video to a kick-arse Prodigy song.

Anyone know if there are BoB missions in Il-2 or if they are downloadable?

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2006, 05:49:28 PM »
Theres no SpitI in IL2 yet, I think thats either coming along in a later update or they're waiting for the new game and devoting most of their energies to that.

Earliest is the SpitV, though they do have the HurriI, IIB and IIC all in there.
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2006, 07:50:52 PM »
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2006, 07:57:06 PM »
Wow....
U.S.N.
Aviation Electrician MH-60S
OEF 08-09'

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2006, 08:34:33 PM »
Originally posted by cav58d
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5314529616023901388&q=il2&hl=en

tiome 2 buy IL2

Closets thing to quality jet dogfight yet.

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2006, 08:46:30 PM »
Does IL2 have a multi player arena???  If so, is it any good???
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2006, 08:55:25 PM »
It looks ok, I might even go get it, but they should change the name to
IL2-SWOL-Crimson Skies,.... I dont think theres any real time flight data on about half the planes in that game, which means they had to make it up...

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2006, 09:09:14 PM »
Does IL2 have a multi player arena??? If so, is it any good???

I think the max number of players is 32.

But it is a very good flight sim... And boy it looks looks great, if it only had large multi player arenas like the old MA here.

CAVALRY
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

Offline Bruno

• Silver Member
      • http://4jg53.org
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2006, 09:50:39 PM »
Anyone know if there are BoB missions in Il-2 or if they are downloadable?

There's plenty - try flying legends or mission4today. In Scorched Earth: Xtreme my squad mate Hitcher is hosting  a BoB online campaign. We use the Gulf of Finland map. BoB is reserved for Oleg's next Sim which will be released Q4 2007. As such no BoB maps and no Spit MK 1 will be added to FB.

We fudge the plane set in the BoB campaign and add F-2s and Spit 5s but in very limited numbers. Most fights or Hurri Mk 1s verse E-4s with He-111s and Ju-87B-2s - we included the 110C-4 as AI.

I think the max number of players is 32.

max is 150 for a dogfight server 32 for coop / campaign (plus as many AI as the host can handle). Most DF are 32 - 64 players but the maps are small and the combat area is usually between one or two fields per side.

I wrote this up for Hawco in this thread:

There's no main like in AH (old or current). Forgotten Battles is basically a single player box game with an online component. Oleg has said only around 10% of the folks that bought FB fly online regularly. However, on Hyperlobby you will find 400 - 600 folks online during peak spread across many servers. (currently there are 380 folks in FB on HL).

That said there 3 types of 'online' aspects to FB.

1. Dogfight - max server capacity is 150 human players no AI (bots). Most hosts only average between 32 and 50 human players due to bandwidth. Each server is run by a different host (player - either dedicated server or host machine). The difficulty settings and plane sets vary depending on the hosts preference. Most Dogfight servers run a script to add aspects to game play. For example each side will start with X amount of aircraft and pilots and when these are killed / destroyed the map resets. Some include a ground attack component - i.e. kill all the other sides ground units and the map resets. There's no 'base capture' like in AH.

2. Campaign - based off NGEN (Starshoy's campaign generator that ships with the game). These are limited to 32 players max (16 per side plus many AI aircraft). Basically its the off line / single player campaign re-done to allow multi-player online.

3. Coop - 32 player max plus AI. This is a single mission with 16 human palyers per side plus AI with scripted way points and goals.

Most folks use Hyperlobby to find a server but xfire, gamespy and ASE all work.

You will find many servers with many different planes sets - from Pac stuff to eastern front and various time periods. The settings will range from wonder woman (no cockpit external view etc...) to full switch (all switches off - no icons, no plane icon on map etc...).

I only fly full switch and 4./JG53 is a member of Full Immersion Squadron Community (FISC). However, you will find servers that vary greatly in their settings.

There are some drawbacks to FB. With cockpits forced on your head position is fixed (no setting head positions like in AH - you have snap views and pan views for your hat switch as well as mouse view and 3DOF trackir (no 6DOF)).

For the Folks that have flown air combat game besides AH this isn't a problem. Most folks I fly with (4./JG53 and JG14) flew a lot of Warbirds and the head position stuff isn't an issue. The AH'rs that come over have some issues but most have gotten used to it if they stuck with it. Many just gave up and went back to AH. There's tricks and formations that take care of the 'blind spots' due to the fixed head position.

I don't fly in public servers much (Dog fight or Coops etc...). My squad mate Hitcher is the Admin for Scorched Earth: Xtreme and we run and build various online campaigns that we fly with and against other squads. In fact I am building a Normandy Campaign Template and Hitcher is build up an '1946 Super Campaign'. This will be on a large map with all main nationalities (German - Japan - Italy - GB - USSR ect...). There will be CVs and each squad 'owns a base' (some share bases depending on time zone). The objective being to attack each other and capture the other sides territory. How this works is SEOW allows for full control over all units (land, sea, air). Each squad / nation will have xxx amount of planes / ground units / ships etc... To advance your units you must first destroy the enemy units. For example to take town XXX you must first destroy the defending units and move yours into occupy it. The ground units will also be fighting each other. Artillery will be firing, tanks attacking each other, ships firing on each other etc...

Each squad will have a CO and each nation a command staff that plots missions and way points for all units (land, sea, air).

The other online war I fly regularly (Tuesday, Friday, Sunday) is Forgotten Skies. This is based on a dog fight server using scripts and DCG to create a 'scenario' like war. These are more open then coop based wars in that on DF servers you can have up to 150 players (FS averages 40 - 64 per regular mission). FS's Normandy Campaign - Phase 1 starts Friday. With the scripts the side COs plot missions for each flight, advance ground units etc...

There's no field capture by 10 man drunks like in AH.

Both AH and FB are great games in their own right but each have different qualities that some may prefer over the other. In FB you won't find anything like the old AH main arena and this is problem for a lot of AH'rs who come over to FB. When I was really into flying AH I could hit 70 - 80 hours over a month. In FB I fly mostly 90 minute 'missions' 3 times a week.

I don't know what type of planes you like to fly but I only fly 109s - In AH I only flew 109s and 190s. I haven't even sat in 90% of the planes in either game so I can't comment on XX plane's FM as compared to the others. I know the 109s in both games are very similar and I fly them both the same. 3cm in AH is a bit more easy to hit and kill with but I figure that's more a result of the simplified DM in AH and the range icons.

The bottom line is you will either like it or you won't - it will all depend on what you are looking to get out of it.

Wotan

If any of you are looking to pick up Forgotten Battles the the best way is to buy  the Complete Edition from gogamer (see link to the thread). It will have all version up to 4.07M (current version is 4.05M). Release date is approx. Dec 15.

I for one don't care much about the 'wunderwaffe' stuff but will will upgrade just to keep up with the guys I fly with. There will be a 4.08M with some new maps and other things but that's away off.