Author Topic: Hi Tech Isnt Taking Anything Away, he is giving you CHOICES  (Read 2257 times)

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
Hi Tech Isnt Taking Anything Away, he is giving you CHOICES
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2006, 10:50:55 PM »
Originally posted by Overlag
hmmm thats why blue is always full and people are waiting to get to blue instead of going to orange..... hmmmmm;)

its also why EW and MW are "empty" mostly.

sorry, but players "spoke" by staying with what mostly resembles the old MA, and thats LW blue.....

imo the people joining blue has nothing to do with the old way and more to do with the fact they fear dying in an online game which is sad.. instead of actually trying to be good at this game they choose easy mode, flying with hordes attacking undefended fields and thinking they're good..

personally i hope the chain is implemented in all the arena's.. and if a majority of the horde loving noobs quit so beit.. i didnt like killing them at a 4-1 clip anyways.. unlike them i prefer a challenge..
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9

Offline 999000

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2006, 10:59:25 PM »
Redtop ..I really do love you man!

Offline zorstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2006, 11:00:27 PM »
Originally posted by TW9
imo the people joining blue has nothing to do with the old way and more to do with the fact they fear dying in an online game which is sad.. instead of actually trying to be good at this game they choose easy mode, flying with hordes attacking undefended fields and thinking they're good..

personally i hope the chain is implemented in all the arena's.. and if a majority of the horde loving noobs quit so beit.. i didnt like killing them at a 4-1 clip anyways.. unlike them i prefer a challenge..

So the only way to get better or test yourself is to log into an arena with 5-20 other people?  Who like you say are milkrunning?  So there might be a few folks actually fighting....ummm sounds like the DA to me.

But you shouldn't be killing them that fast, they are in the easy mode arenas right?  Or are they over in EW getting better?  Hmmmm....pot, kettle :aok

Offline KTM520guy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2006, 11:02:36 PM »
Originally posted by zorstorer
ummm.....

you mean choices like "get in zee oven or ve shooot you" type of choices? ;)

Thanks a lot! I just spit beer all over my keyboard. That's the funniest post I've read in a while. :lol
Everything King Midas touches turns to gold. Everything Chuck Norris touches turns up dead.

Offline Phil

• Copper Member
Is it that bad ?
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2006, 11:06:50 PM »
Gents and ladies...

Years back I used to play AWIII.
Got out because puters were gettin' fast and I reside in area where no internet high speed....:cry
Now high speed is at my door step:aok

I've surffed the internet hoping to find a good WWII flight sim and I found it:D

I do like the early war arenas unfortunately not too many players show up.
Would love to fight in A v A but then again not enough players....
Then many times I need to scrap and head in the Orange and late arenas.
There I get sometimes disapointed because I get JUMPED/SHOT down by muscle planes that don't even belong in the same era/theatre of my favorite plane. Keep in mind that I'm not an ARCADE player. I don't give a HOOT about scores. Sometimes I have 2-3 kills and don't even bother RTB ! I simply love scrapin' with planes that matches my plane's PROS and CONS...

Anyway, I'm fairly new to all of this and I am very happy that I have found this GAME ! Maybe with time I will become competitive and perhaps I will see the negative points that some of you are saying...:rolleyes:

BUT for now  " HATS" to ALL of you who are INVOLVED putting this game together.:aok :aok
If I had the COMPUTER knowledge that some of you have, I would step up to the plate and OFFER my skills and free time to assist you TRYING to make more players happy !
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK !

OPP7755
Phil

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2006, 11:11:42 PM »
Originally posted by zorstorer
So the only way to get better or test yourself is to log into an arena with 5-20 other people?  Who like you say are milkrunning?  So there might be a few folks actually fighting....ummm sounds like the DA to me.

But you shouldn't be killing them that fast, they are in the easy mode arenas right?  Or are they over in EW getting better?  Hmmmm....pot, kettle :aok

did i ever mention going to ew? dont think i have.. i was speaking of chosing Blue over Orange but feel free to twist my words however u wish.. it doesnt matter what arena they're in.. the arena isnt why i kill them fast.. its because in the year i have been gone they havent developed any skill whats so ever fighting with the hordes attacking undefended bases..

Offline Phil

• Copper Member
Well said bud !
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2006, 11:13:43 PM »
Originally posted by The Fugitive
You guys are just unbelievable ! Its just a game !!! President didn't mention one other choice you have......

Nobody forced anyone to pay and play this game...
U can always take the monthly fee and rent movies

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

OPP7755
Phil
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 11:17:48 PM by Phil »

Offline Mark Luper

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2006, 11:15:33 PM »
Originally posted by Overlag
i didnt pay for this game, i payed for Aces high.

What many don't understand is that Aces High is essentially a living organism that is constantly changing and will change again in the future.  No change comes easy, all changes have a period of adjustment and that  period of adjustment varies with the individual.

It will outgrow some people, not everyone will be able to keep up.

Mark
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 11:21:41 PM by Mark Luper »
MarkAT

Keep the shiny side up!

Offline CLW81Z

• Zinc Member
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2006, 11:18:44 PM »
Uh I dont think he is giving us chocies, I think he is just forcing this on us

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2006, 11:22:18 PM »
Originally posted by CLW81Z
Uh I dont think he is giving us chocies, I think he is just forcing this on us

lol forcing u? like the other guy said.. u could always quit if u dont like it that much :D ..

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2006, 11:39:38 PM »
I sense another mass exodus of tardlers, then another mass influx of same tardlers with new game IDs.

:D
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2006, 06:58:40 AM »
Originally posted by TW9

theres plenty of fights happening in blue.... and orange is full of hordes also.
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline roach

• Zinc Member
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2006, 05:48:37 PM »
I didn't mind the two-minute wait before I was able to fly when I went into the arena last night.  This is something I can live with.

I have come to appreciate the increased AK at the airfields also.  

The biggest problems I have with the game, as it is now, starts with the collision model and ends with the endless rotation of a small handful of maps over and over again.

The Perk'ed ordinance system rumor is still circulating, something I don't think Hi Tech handled very well.  There is now a fan club for the realization of a perked ordinance system spawned from what was some kind of ridiculous practical joke.

I do, however, have one question about the new player wait arena balance system.  I get disconnected frequently.  Will I have to wait in queue each time I restart the game?  Is there a way to have the game give a player a two-minute "place holder" in the event of loss of connection?

Offline aerosaber

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.tampapi.com
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2006, 06:45:23 PM »
Hey prez......don't let this out.....Hi tech is not a him its an it.  Geez, you sound like that other president.

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2006, 06:57:06 PM »
Originally posted by Mark Luper
What many don't understand is that Aces High is essentially a living organism that is constantly changing and will change again in the future.  No change comes easy, all changes have a period of adjustment and that  period of adjustment varies with the individual.

It will outgrow some people, not everyone will be able to keep up.

Mark

my problem isnt change.  never has been.  it's the chaos that has become the game in recent months.  it is paying to be a beta tester.  it is hopping on to fly a sortie at lunch and finding that i cant get into the arena with my friends because a new que for side balancing is being tried out.  its the lack of appreciation for the general decorum of notification that most companies seem to do well at.

maybe it's the expectations of the larger market for consistancy that represent the real change here.
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.