Author Topic: worst food that you have ever eaten  (Read 1606 times)

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
worst food that you have ever eaten
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2006, 10:17:35 PM »
that nasty bellybutton aussie stuff.. marmalite or something...  it made me throw up in my mouth a little bit.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

storch

« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2006, 10:19:25 PM »
Originally posted by Shane
that nasty bellybutton aussie stuff.. marmalite or something...  it made me throw up in my mouth a little bit.
vegemite?

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2006, 11:10:07 PM »
VEGEMITE!  We had a chinese gift exchange night a few nights ago with the sailing club.  I ended up getting a small lava-lamp look alike and a tube of vegemite from an australian girl.  The vegemite is so gross.  It tastes like sea water brought to a paste with sea sand.  

It was a fun party gag though.  Emphasis on gag.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2006, 11:11:53 PM »
WTF is wrong with you guys? Runny eggs are awesome. Vegemite is awesome.

You want disgusting... try this
prahok : fermented fish s***, it smells like something died, and rotted in the sun for a few days, then something ate it, took a dump and thats prahok.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prahok

durian : rotten smelling fruit

those duck eggs with embryo's in them.

^ mrs vulcan eats all the above. She thinks Fear Factory is some sort cooking show.

Offline Mark Luper

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2006, 12:08:33 AM »
Originally posted by E25280
Not sure which was worse -- mental block causing me to forget the proper names:

In Chicago I was invited to a Mexican friend's house for dinner where I was served some kind of "traditional" soup -- made from the stomach lining of a pig, from what they told me afterward.

In Bahia in Brazil they have another "traditional" food some friends wanted me to eat.  It was a boiled bean curd, cut in half, with yellow mustard and shrimp.  Now the shrimp might not sound all that bad, but these are the shrimp that are too small to be sold -- they boil them live, and just spoon this stuff on the bean curd -- shell, legs and all.  I was picking the tiny legs out from between my teeth all afternoon . . .

If you don't mind me asking, what were you doing in Brasil? I grew up there and have been going back recently for Christmas and will be there this comming weekend. I'll be in Brasilia, not Bahia though.

Mark
MarkAT

Keep the shiny side up!

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2006, 12:14:52 AM »
Biscuits with sausage gravy is great! Okra is excellent fried, but I won't go near it boiled.

The worst food I have ever eaten was at a truckstop buffet in Gallop, New Mexico. It was a brand new place that just opened up and I had passed up several other places just to eat there. I walk into the diner and there is a 20 foot buffet with everything you can imagine. I grab a plate and got some salsbury steaks that looked particularly good along with a big mound of potatoes and green beans to go with it. I sit down, cut off a big bite and BAM! It's liver and onions, not salsbury steak. It was all I could do to keep from hurling on the spot. I did'nt have an appetite for a week.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2006, 12:21:05 AM »
Originally posted by storch
I just remembered something else that I found repugnant.  in northern florida I had to eat sausage, biscuits and gravy.  that stuff would gag a maggot.  thats a draw with the curried goat IMHO.

ya.  im in northern florida.  some people eat that stuff here everyday...every day.

i like it every so often, but every day?

(usually has alot of pepper in it here too.)
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2006, 12:29:45 AM »
It would be a toss up between deep fried rattlesnake, or the ground turkey stuffed green peppers my wife tried to make when we were just dating.

~AoM~

Offline Auger

• Nickel Member
      • AKs Home Page
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2006, 01:07:39 AM »
The mess hall at 29 Palms, CA is where I have had two regretfully unforgettable meals.  I can choke down liver that is prepared properly, with lots of onions.  But the stuff they "cooked" there had the consistency and appearance of a dusty boot sole.  I'm betting the boot sole tastes better.  It did teach me to get to the mess hall within the first hour of it opening, though.

The other bad one was the first time I ate greens.  Being a pasty yankee, I had not had the opportunity to eat greens (collards, turnip, or any other), but had wanted to try them.  Although they called it greens, which was their right as it was the proper color, it was    nasty.  It tasted like someone had emptied the lawn bag into a vat of boiling water.  I was positive from that point on that the southern boys were absolute morons for raving about greens.

It took about seven years for me to try them again.  This time a friends mother-in-law prepared them.  They were the shiznit!  Southern cuisine regained loads of esteem at that meal.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2006, 01:20:44 AM »
When I was about 16 yrs old I ate a hotdog and got so damned sick I think I died twice.  Crapping and vomiting simultaneously along with vast amounts of sweating.  took me years to get up the nerve to eat another hotdog.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline majic

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2006, 01:25:59 AM »
Originally posted by storch
I just remembered something else that I found repugnant.  in northern florida I had to eat sausage, biscuits and gravy.  that stuff would gag a maggot.  thats a draw with the curried goat IMHO.

Bah!  Biscuits and Gravy (assuming it's done right) is awesome.  You must have come across some that wasn't done right.

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2006, 01:50:57 AM »
I grabbed the wrong beer at a party once... it was a buddies chew spit can.

Does that count?

Now I turn the tab sideways on all my canned drinks so I know which one is mine.

I love properly cooked bicuits and gravy... my wife whips up a mean batch.

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2006, 01:53:46 AM »
Originally posted by ByeBye
I LOVE the smell of liver being cooked, but the taste makes me want to down a big gulp of piss and fly beer.

I think I have a couple of cans out back... want me to save them?

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2006, 02:01:58 AM »
hmm. Tough one.
Despite what many think, Haggis is quite okay. (The missus and me actually made the Scottish version at home). So, since my country is renowned for gross recipes, such as charred sheepheads, rotted shark, dried fish, and our own blood-sausage, - they're really not all that bad.
Then we have sour whale-fat, and that's where I go breaking. yeachh.
But the top candidate is probably Welsh rice pudding. (maybe it's called Englsh rice pudding). It's the rice pudding being systematically burned and it's a total stopper for me. yeaccchhhh.
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline VermGhost

• Copper Member
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2006, 06:32:00 AM »
If any of you guys eat sushi regularly then you have propably tried something called Uni.  it is, from what I understand a sort of a delicacy in Japan.  It has the most disgusting texture, something like a large bunch of mucus sliding down your throat.  it has a disgusting taste too.