Author Topic: worst food that you have ever eaten  (Read 1605 times)

Offline Blank

• Nickel Member
worst food that you have ever eaten
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2006, 06:54:41 AM »
on a surf trip and was ona small Island off bali, the father of the family we were staying with had got a couple of octopii off the reef and offered to share them with us and I accepted.

Now i'm retty partial to a nice bit of squid, or those little Octopi halves you get in fish curries, but what arrived for our dinner was something else.

I resembled a brown stinking pile of cow poop, the only recognisable thing were the little round elastic band like sucker rings.

It looked like cow poop and it also tasted remarkably (or so I would imagine) like cow poop.

did i stop eating and push it away?

Nope as the little expectant faces of the family sat around me as they shared thier food meant I couldn't so I just had to tuck in, I was so close to spewing so often  :-D

Another (but actually nice dinner) I have had on this Island before was simple fried fish, nothing wrong there I hear you say, except you'd pay $1000's of dollars for these reef fish for you aqaurium if you bought them in your local pet shop :-)

Tangs of various sorts, trigger fish, Angel fish, the odd clown fish, was funny eating something you would normally consider a pet :-D

Offline takeda

• Nickel Member
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2006, 07:01:22 AM »
"Ham & cheese" sandwich at the British Museum cafeteria. The plastic wrap around it was the tastiest part.

Offline deSelys

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2006, 07:05:54 AM »
Yummy mucus mmmmmh.....!
Current ID: Romanov

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

'I AM DID NOTHING WRONG' - Famous last forum words by legoman

storch

« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2006, 08:29:43 AM »
Originally posted by majic
Bah!  Biscuits and Gravy (assuming it's done right) is awesome.  You must have come across some that wasn't done right.
this was sausage, biscuits and gravy I don't know if it's the same thing.  let me preface by saying I have a cast iron stomach, have travelled all over the world in the US Navy and later conducting business and have eaten just about everything any human would consume including various insects and worms eaten raw.  I always ate local foods wherever I went, eschewing the familiar for the unknown.  sausage, bisquits and gravy, a white gooey substance of nasty whitish/greyish pork based gravy with chunks of sausage poured over two bisquits served on a plate.  I ate this mess at behest of a friend, we went to some restaurant in the panhandle near destin, fl. where he lives, derry's if I recall correctly.  the stuff smelled fine but it went down far less than fine, though I kept it down, to me it truly was nauseating, something about the texture and the grease.  I generally dislike southern US cuisine.  in fact let's extend that to US cuisine, oh hell let's just say all northern european cuisine as well.  truly unpatable stuff.

vulcan, I've eaten the duck eggs with the embryos outside of olongopo in the phillipines and washed them down with san miguel beer, I think the beer was worse than the eggs, they not being bad at all.  the eggs are a great source of flatulence and I drove my shipmates out our sleeping space that night.  :D

Offline Habu

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2006, 09:09:47 AM »
A rule of thumb I have when ordering Sushi is avoid anything that starts with a U.

Uni or Unagi are both gross.

Offline Suave

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2006, 09:28:14 AM »
Liver goes beyond just tasting bad, they should make a riot controll agent out of it.

Their are two types of people, those who suffer an instantaneous stimulation of the wretching reflex when tasting liver, and those who like it. It must be some type of genetic resistance to it.

One of the worst "foods" I've ever heard of is baboon that's been left to rot in the sun for two weeks.

I have self imposed guidlines of what I won't eat.

No organs.

Nothing from an animal that has more, or less than 4 legs.

Nothing that has a larvae stage in it's life cycle.

I've yet to eat  a vegetable that I didn't like.

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2006, 09:36:23 AM »
Nothing from an animal that has more, or less than 4 legs.

Nothing that has a larvae stage in it's life cycle.

Chicken, Turkey, Lobster, Crab?

I personally like Liver.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline Suave

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2006, 09:42:53 AM »
I'm considering wings as legs here. Lobster and crab are bugs.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2006, 09:55:18 AM »
You'd have a real hard time at a crawfish boil then....... :p
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2006, 10:21:45 AM »
When my kids were younger I was on a constant quest to find foods that were disgusting to them and delicious to me. Oyster is a great example. Your kids will never eat your oysters off your plate. They hated avocados for a while, I never tried to convince them otherwise.

A man's gotta eat.

Offline SKJohn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2006, 11:01:16 AM »
Originally posted by VermGhost
If any of you guys eat sushi regularly then you have propably tried something called Uni.  it is, from what I understand a sort of a delicacy in Japan.  It has the most disgusting texture, something like a large bunch of mucus sliding down your throat.  it has a disgusting taste too.

Mine also comes from while I was living in Japan.  We were having dinner at a friends house one night, and they wanted us to try some of stuff in a little glass jar.  It looked like fish guts, but I thought to myselg, "naw, even the Nihonjins wouldn't eat fish GUTS, right?"  After I gagged down a taste, I asked them what it was.  They told me it was called "shiokara".  I said "'scuse me while I whip this out!", and whipped out my always with me pocket dictionary and looked up the word "shiokara".  Sure enough, the dictionary said that shiokara = salted fish guts . . .

As far as sushi goes, I liked most of it except the ones with the salmon eggs on top.  Yup - salmon eggs just like the ones you go trout fishing with!  My youngest made in Japan with American parts daughter used to love those things - she'd gobble them up like they were candy.

Offline majic

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2006, 11:46:16 AM »
Originally posted by storch
this was sausage, biscuits and gravy I don't know if it's the same thing.  let me preface by saying I have a cast iron stomach, have travelled all over the world in the US Navy and later conducting business and have eaten just about everything any human would consume including various insects and worms eaten raw.  I always ate local foods wherever I went, eschewing the familiar for the unknown.  sausage, bisquits and gravy, a white gooey substance of nasty whitish/greyish pork based gravy with chunks of sausage poured over two bisquits served on a plate.  I ate this mess at behest of a friend, we went to some restaurant in the panhandle near destin, fl. where he lives, derry's if I recall correctly.  the stuff smelled fine but it went down far less than fine, though I kept it down, to me it truly was nauseating, something about the texture and the grease.  I generally dislike southern US cuisine.  in fact let's extend that to US cuisine, oh hell let's just say all northern european cuisine as well.  truly unpatable stuff.

Yup, "biscuits and gravy" is sausage chunks in gravy over bicuits.  It's definitely never pretty looking.  Done right, it is very good.  I will concede, that when done wrong, it can be very bad.    But you could say that about most foods.  Your one of the only people I have heard of that disliked it when introduced to it for the first time, so I'll just assume you were served some crappy gravy from a mix instaed of made from scratch.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2006, 12:09:03 PM »
Dunno where or when the sausage thing happened with flour gravy.  The original flour (white) gravy was made with bacon drippings.

Proper flour gravy has a very creamy texture to it, is just off-white in color, and bespeckled with pepper.  Served over homemade buttermilk biscuits, and ya got yerself one heckuva meal.

As far as worst thing I have ever ate goes;  Hmmm.  Difficult to answer.  I hate so many things.  Any vegetable with more than 7 letters (English spelling, single word) and green is pretty disgusting to me.  Sushi is a pukable commodity as well.  Then there are the MSG laden things, sure to evoke grimmaces and excess flatulence 15 minutes after eating it.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 12:11:34 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline majic

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2006, 12:21:39 PM »
The one I'm familiar with is made from the country/breakfast sausage drippings.  I've seen it made with bacon, didn't like it as much.  Off-white is about right.  If it's just plain white, it's a mix and not as good.  (And, yes, lots of pepper.)

Offline VVV

• Copper Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/waroftheworldsfan
« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2006, 12:29:00 PM »
I thought You-Thai-Now was pretty bad.
Now flying as FalconAM.

~~~The Unforgiven~~~

VAW-116 "Sunkings"