Author Topic: January 2007 is LA7 competition month  (Read 3652 times)

Offline JB35

• Nickel Member
January 2007 is LA7 competition month
« Reply #75 on: January 12, 2007, 06:14:34 PM »
Had 7 then the arena went bye bye , was on my 2nd hop and 5th beer :) now im sitting here and i lost count on the beer, oh well maybe next time

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #76 on: January 12, 2007, 06:23:14 PM »
Originally posted by mussie
Tune in next week to watch batfink produce a little less controversy when he drops a live kitten into a barrel of half staved ferrets and teaches dogs to play fetch with live grenades, all infront of 200 armed PETA members.....

:p

lmmfao!!!!!!!!:rofl :rofl
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline 0verlag

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #77 on: January 15, 2007, 10:11:16 PM »
so do i win cos i was the only one gay enough to try?

LOL :rofl

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #78 on: January 16, 2007, 04:02:04 AM »
January isnt over yet Overlag! :D

Batfink, do TA kills count?
21 is only half the truth.

Offline JB35

• Nickel Member
« Reply #79 on: January 16, 2007, 05:57:42 PM »
Originally posted by Schatzi
January isnt over yet Overlag! :D

Batfink, do TA kills count?

Thought TA had it to where you couldn't kill anyone , or am I thinking of kill shooter and if you happen to be able to change country you can still kill

Offline Elad53

• Zinc Member
« Reply #80 on: January 24, 2007, 03:06:56 AM »
You really shouldn't have swatted the bee hive!  lol

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #81 on: January 24, 2007, 04:52:13 AM »
Originally posted by JB35
Thought TA had it to where you couldn't kill anyone , or am I thinking of kill shooter and if you happen to be able to change country you can still kill

Damage is set to 0.001 in the Training Arena. :)
Killshooter is actually off. EnemyMidAirs are on.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline TexInVa

• Nickel Member
« Reply #82 on: January 24, 2007, 05:15:04 AM »
Originally posted by Viking
The F4U-1a is a 1944 version of the -1 and is 1 mph slower than the Pony, and the -4 is much faster than the Pony. The -1D is the slowest F4U.

Speed on the deck:

F4U-1: 359 mph
F4U-1A: 366 mph
F4U-1D: 358 mph
F4U-4: 376 mph
Pony-D: 367mph

As you can see you are clearly speaking rubbish.

At MIL, the F4U-4 is barely faster up to 3Kft, then the P-51D owns it to 17Kft. At that point, they roughly travel at the same speeds until about 19.5Kft. And then it's all the P-51D again. The only hope for the F4U-1A is to catch a slow pony at 24Kft, otherwise, it isn't even in contention

At WEP, the F4U-4 has the clear advantage until, again, 3Kft, then the Pony takes over up to about 17.5Kft. Then it's the Hog again all the way up to 22Kft. After that, it's a crap-shoot. The F4U-1A looses alot until 15K to 16Kft. The only hope, speed-wise, for the F4U-1A is to catch a pony at sealevel or between 15K-16K. Otherwise, it's severly outclassed on speed.

All of the numbers you "quote" are at sealevel.

Originally posted by Oleg
Ever F4U-4 slower than pony except quite limited high altitude range.

Actually, Viking, Oleg got it right.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: January 2007 is LA7 competition month
« Reply #83 on: January 24, 2007, 08:43:15 AM »
Originally posted by B@tfinkV
so far the very best i can do is 16 kills in 3 reloads but i failed to land as a Ki61 shot me down for number 17.

best so far that i actualy made it home in one piece was 14 landed the other day.

Who will be able to claim to be the king of dweebs by Febuary 1st??

a new 'uber ride' will be chosen for febuary by the winner.

You use too much ammo.   I've landed 14 before without a rearm.   10 is more than plausible with no reloads.  

I think rearms for these types of contests are on the side of easymode.

The REAL challenge: "You have 450 rounds.   How many can you get?"
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline cbizkit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #84 on: January 24, 2007, 08:56:01 AM »
Originally posted by TexInVa
At MIL, the F4U-4 is barely faster up to 3Kft, then the P-51D owns it to 17Kft. At that point, they roughly travel at the same speeds until about 19.5Kft. And then it's all the P-51D again. The only hope for the F4U-1A is to catch a slow pony at 24Kft, otherwise, it isn't even in contention

At WEP, the F4U-4 has the clear advantage until, again, 3Kft, then the Pony takes over up to about 17.5Kft. Then it's the Hog again all the way up to 22Kft. After that, it's a crap-shoot. The F4U-1A looses alot until 15K to 16Kft. The only hope, speed-wise, for the F4U-1A is to catch a pony at sealevel or between 15K-16K. Otherwise, it's severly outclassed on speed.

All of the numbers you "quote" are at sealevel.
The key thing you're all missing is acceleration. The Pony out accelerates all the hogs except for the -4 hog. And the -4 hog out accelerates the Pony significantly. This is why it appears that the Pony is much faster than the other hogs, it is rare when you begin a chase where both planes are at their maximum speed, so generally its acceleration that makes the most of the difference.

Same reason why you get so many complaints of CHEATER!! That spit16 can't catch my !! Sorry, but given the acceleration curve in many cases it can and will regardless of top speed.
biz
71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: January 2007 is LA7 competition month
« Reply #85 on: January 24, 2007, 10:02:54 AM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum
You use too much ammo.   I've landed 14 before without a rearm.   10 is more than plausible with no reloads.  

I think rearms for these types of contests are on the side of easymode.

The REAL challenge: "You have 450 rounds.   How many can you get?"

circumstances pending though.....that 16 was in a very big furball, got shot at, got kills stolen, sometimes ran out of fuel before ammo and visa versa.

sometimes i find a bunch of seals to club and i get 10 in one sortie and still have half my ammo. good aim day.

other times i can spend half my ammo on one single bleeding 190, or spend all my fuel in a tactical fight and only land 2 kills.

best i think i got without a reload was either 11 or 13, i forget, but that was too easy. i find a sortie with 2 very tough fights that i win more satisfying than landing 10 easy kills.

you're right though, 450 cannon is enough to go well into double figures if your aim is on form, cant deny that sir.

i think the challenge i intended was how far are you willling to push your luck?

hence having to show film and to land safely with your kills at your base.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: Re: Re: January 2007 is LA7 competition month
« Reply #86 on: January 24, 2007, 10:32:22 AM »
Originally posted by B@tfinkV
you're right though, 450 cannon is enough to go well into double figures if your aim is on form, cant deny that sir.

i think the challenge i intended was how far are you willling to push your luck?

hence having to show film and to land safely with your kills at your base.

No dissrespect at all to you.   I hope you knew that already though.   I was "just sayin' as all".

<> bro and keep up the good work.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: January 24, 2007, 10:37:10 AM »
of course i saw no offence intended, no fear mate, and youre quite correct, im using too much ammo or not finding enough targets if it takes 3 reloads for 16 kills in the la7.

16 was the best tally in the la7 i have ever reached even though at other times i might get 10 kills in 5 mins with enough luck.

S!

so far overlag is still in 1st place with 10 victories landed and film evidence.

if no one beats that you will be chosing the uber 'easy mode' ride for febuary :)
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #88 on: January 24, 2007, 12:35:26 PM »
Personally I don't have issues with the plane it's self. Every once in a while you will come across someone who is good and will put up a fight in a LA.

90% of the time you will come up against someone whom tries to HO you and then runs away to try to set up another HO or just plane runs away.

Then of course there are the ultra dweebs that try to do an HO ram simply because the LA will normally live trough it leaving your own plane in pieces.

I'm not the uber l33t fighter ace, but I'm learning more each day, but I find it true time and time again that if you take the fight to the LA after the intinal HO attempt, then they normally run away. I call it a "HO n GO".

So I don't think it's the plane it's self that people don't like but rather the typical pilot of it. Hell I'd consider flying it as a base defense plane if the odds were bad for my side, just because it seems to take a lot of hits. It's just the "HO n GO" dweebs that give all LA's a bad name and they seem to be the majority who fly it.

As a side note the only guys I hate more than a LA "HO n GO" is guys that can only dive at you from 15k and then run back up to 15k and try it again.
"strafing"

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
« Reply #89 on: January 24, 2007, 02:21:00 PM »
Originally posted by crockett

As a side note the only guys I hate more than a LA "HO n GO" is guys that can only dive at you from 15k and then run back up to 15k and try it again.

Its called boom n zoom.    :D
325th Checkertails