Author Topic: [as] Shuts Down Boston  (Read 2979 times)

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
[as] Shuts Down Boston
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2007, 03:46:48 PM »
what can you expect from Massachusetts, they are the people who keep re-electing ed kennedy.

hey mo is that a bomb?

i don't know, hey curly, is that a bomb?

woop woop woop!

storch

[as] Shuts Down Boston
« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2007, 04:34:58 PM »
Originally posted by Sandman
We have become a nation of hand-wringing candy asses.

The terrorists have won.
I've been saying that since 9/12/2001
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 04:38:21 PM by storch »

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
[as] Shuts Down Boston
« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2007, 05:46:50 PM »
Originally posted by 1K3
PWN!
Gold material!

Yep, too bad there is only 4 episodes of it :(
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline ChickenHawk

• Silver Member
[as] Shuts Down Boston
« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2007, 06:25:28 PM »
Here's how one west coast city delt with them.  

"Portland Police believe 49 signs were placed anonymously around the city. Most appeared on light poles or businesses. Police do not think the signs scared anyone. The Portland bomb squad was never activated."

Link
Do not attribute to malice what can be easily explained by incompetence, fear, ignorance or stupidity, because there are millions more garden variety idiots walking around in the world than there are blackhearted Machiavellis.

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
[as] Shuts Down Boston
« Reply #64 on: February 01, 2007, 08:29:17 PM »
Originally posted by Chairboy
You're a looney.  They don't look like bombs.  Where did you get that idea?  Have you even seen a photo of one?

Holy crap, this is unbelievable.

Look, name calling is a sign of a lost cause. Again, how can you tell what they look like from a phone call?

Looney, weasel, anymore childish comments?
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
[as] Shuts Down Boston
« Reply #65 on: February 01, 2007, 08:36:32 PM »
BTW

So I have a link, I guess it must be true eh?

"An advertising executive at Interference Marketing Inc. instructed Peter Berdovsky to keep quiet while police scrambled across the metropolitan area responding to a series of bomb scares. Berdovsky sent an e-mail to friends at 1:25 p.m. telling them not to talk about the marketing scheme to promote the animated television show "Aqua Teen Hunger Force" on the Cartoon Network.

"My boss from the Cartoon Network’s ad agency just called -- she is asking that we pretty please keep everything on the DL," or down low, wrote Berdovsky, according to a copy of the e-mail provided to the Globe."

They deliberately led officials on a wild goose chase, while knowing the panic it was causing.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 08:39:56 PM by Sixpence »
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
[as] Shuts Down Boston
« Reply #66 on: February 01, 2007, 08:37:42 PM »
Originally posted by Sixpence
Look, name calling is a sign of a lost cause.

Of what, that the stent scraped out brain tissue?

Hmm...
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
[as] Shuts Down Boston
« Reply #67 on: February 01, 2007, 08:38:34 PM »
Look, name calling is a sign of a lost cause. Again, how can you tell what they look like from a phone call?

Looney, weasel, anymore childish comments?
Do you know how they look?  You asserted that they looked like bombs.  Are you retracting that claim?  

Have you seen a photo of what these looked like?  It doesn't matter what the phone call said (which you originally claimed came from the people who made the advertisement, btw, I notice that you haven't responded to questions about that either),  the first police officer on the scene should have taken one look at it and called the whole thing off.

I'm astonished that you continue to make the unsupportable claim that their histrionic overreaction was in any way in-line with the reality of the situation.
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
[as] Shuts Down Boston
« Reply #68 on: February 01, 2007, 08:40:49 PM »
I provided the link, afraid to read it?

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
[as] Shuts Down Boston
« Reply #69 on: February 01, 2007, 08:44:19 PM »
Cat got your tongue?

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
[as] Shuts Down Boston
« Reply #70 on: February 01, 2007, 08:44:49 PM »
So still no response?  I guess we have our answer.
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
[as] Shuts Down Boston
« Reply #71 on: February 01, 2007, 08:46:30 PM »
Originally posted by Chairboy
So still no response?  I guess we have our answer.

You have the link, it proves what I said, now you play ignorant?

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
[as] Shuts Down Boston
« Reply #72 on: February 01, 2007, 08:49:14 PM »
I provided the link, afraid to read it?
Umm, no you have'nt. You have tap danced around answering the multiple questions as well.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
[as] Shuts Down Boston
« Reply #73 on: February 01, 2007, 08:55:09 PM »
Originally posted by rpm
Umm, no you have'nt. You have tap danced around answering the multiple questions as well.

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/city_region/breaking_news/2007/02/guerrilla_ad_ag.html

'Friends of the local artist accused of spearheading Wednesday's bomb scares said he was warned by an executive at a New York guerrilla marketing firm as early as 1:25 p.m. on Wednesday that their advertising campaign had incited panic in Boston.

An advertising executive at Interference Marketing Inc. instructed Peter Berdovsky to keep quiet while police scrambled across the metropolitan area responding to a series of bomb scares."

What else do you need? They knew what was going on, they knew they had caused panic and knew as the panic grew, so would the publicity. It was a deliberate act to cause panic. The proof is in the fact that they new as early as 1:25pm and decided to let the panic play out, and actually emailed the people who planted the devices not so say anything.

Ok, now you will say that I need more proof right?

And again, how do you tell what it looks like from a phone call?

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
[as] Shuts Down Boston
« Reply #74 on: February 01, 2007, 08:56:31 PM »
How is that an answer to _any_ of the questions you've been asked?