Author Topic: The AvA needs advertising  (Read 2347 times)

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
The AvA needs advertising
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2007, 10:17:32 AM »
The Only thing that PO'ed me was when the CV puffy ack was hitting close to the field.  Try to climb up to the little buggers and poof pilot wound from puffy.
Strange how they stopped upping once the cv was moved off shore.

:noid

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2007, 10:20:27 AM »
Originally posted by storch
the other side to that coin is then they never leave the ack.  they are MA players at heart no amount of beating will remove that fact.

Just for a few minutes, while they are vulching ... it doesn't take long before they get the message. that it's a waste of time..  then ack can be set back to normal...

Two weeks ago when the MA server went down and we had 120+ in the AvA arena it worked quite well, and kept people from spoiling the on going massive furball...

storch

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2007, 10:28:41 AM »
Originally posted by Bronk
The Only thing that PO'ed me was when the CV puffy ack was hitting close to the field.  Try to climb up to the little buggers and poof pilot wound from puffy.
Strange how they stopped upping once the cv was moved off shore.

:noid

Bronk
JG54 sank that annoying CV because we could not get anyone to move it.

storch

« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2007, 10:29:48 AM »
Originally posted by soda72
Just for a few minutes, while they are vulching ... it doesn't take long before they get the message. that it's a waste of time..  then ack can be set back to normal...

Two weeks ago when the MA server went down and we had 120+ in the AvA arena it worked quite well, and kept people from spoiling the on going massive furball...
I saw that many people on guess at the problem was and went to the DA.  no way I would want to be on with that many MA players.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2007, 10:36:09 AM »

I saw that but they stopped upping anywhere afterwards. I was having fun killing them and mixing it up. Shame really.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2007, 10:39:10 AM »
I saw that many people on guess at the problem was and went to the DA.  no way I would want to be on with that many MA players.

Omg you should have it was serious clubbing time.

Fun watching them try and turn with the 109 f4.
:D

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2007, 11:53:26 AM »
thirty players on earlier this evening.  10 in axis, 15 in spitwads alt monkeying, vultching and HO'n and the real gem 5 in other allied planes attempting to not dweeb up the arena.  thanks for the good fights they more than countered the 6 vultches from the dweebs.

was this the Ki-84 VS spit8/5 fights i was involved in the other day?

maybe it wasnt, but i thought i'd give tht setup a thumbs up.

was a bucket of fun, talk about target rich for us in the ki84s.

was fun and JG54 were decent wingmen through and through, was a real pleasure to see the Axis n the back foot for a change, low n slow and outnumbered. even more fun seeing as i was flying axis that day.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2007, 07:13:49 PM »
The other day on the Tunisia map, I came into the arena and immediately heard a request to move the annoying CV . . . and found that it would not respond.  I could set waypoints, but after hitting submit, nothing would happen.  It just kept on its merry way.

I should have brought something to the boards that night, but forgot about it by the time I left.

I wonder if the same problem was occurring?  And would that be a bug or is that an arena setting?
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2007, 07:15:19 PM »
Originally posted by Oldman731
But, uh, three do.

- oldman (good for sondog)
It's, "But three rights make a left.";)

Offline bkwolf

• Copper Member
      • http://www.avengersonline.com/index.html
Re: The AvA needs advertising
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2007, 10:47:17 PM »
Originally posted by Major Biggles
we all know it, that AvA is the best arena in AH. best, and most fair fights, historical matchups, and just far more fun.

it does however have one huge drawback, numbers. it would be great if we did something to raise the profile of the AvA, and get people flying in there.

we need to run some heavily advertised events and get people in. everyone loves it when there are people in there to fly with, it's so much more enjoyable. this is most evident during off peak times, there's never anyone in there. i don't know what can be done, but it would be fantastic to see more people in there ;)

thanks, biggs

Not very happy flying in another "world war two" AVA and doing some shopping around, I wonder is it squad based action(taking bases, Jabo, Bombing..yadda yadda) in AVA or mainly furballs? Is it theater specific A/C (no f4u's in England?) Just a few questionsall,BK
Bkwolf
~Avengers~
AVA Axis

Currently MIA

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2007, 11:07:32 PM »
Mainly furballing with historic plane sets.  As you say, if they are running a Battle of Britain set, it is Spits / Hurricanes against 109s, 110s and JU88s -- no Zekes or Corsair.  They will sometimes make a substitution in an attempt to fill a gap in the plane set (if one exists), but mostly stick to "history" when possible.  Usually this means fair / balanced plane sets and lots of fun fights.

Occasionally someone will set up a mission or objective that may involve a base capture, but for the most part that is left for the main arenas.

The main arenas are separated by time periods (early, mid, and late war), but are free-form from there.  That is, you can up any plane from that time period or earlier, regardless of what side you are on.  So you get P51 vs. Spitfires vs. LA-7 action in there.  There is also a base capture / "win the war" aspect to it that some like, others don't.  Plenty of room to find what you like and do that (jabo; bombers like B-17s, B-24s, Lancasters; furball only; tank fights, etc).

You can form or join a squad in any arena.  Although there are separate Mains, the Main Arena squads can fly in any Main and remain affiliated.  AvA squads can be separate if you wish.  You can move freely between the arenas any time you want -- there is no restriction or having to "choose" an arena for any length of time.

The game comes with a free two week trial where you can play in any of the main arenas or AvA.  I strongly suggest downloading and practicing offline for a while before starting your two week free trial.  You may have been playing another flight game, but as I am sure you are aware, there are likely going to be large differences in the flight models and how the planes handle.  Get used to flying and shooting drones offline first to minimize frustration and maximize fun time when you do your free trial.  When you start, you may find a short amount of time in the Training Arena helpful as well -- there are almost always volunteer trainers in there to help with any questions.

Hope that covers everything you wanted to know.

and welcome!

:aok
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 11:10:23 PM by E25280 »

storch

« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2007, 11:11:10 PM »
it's hit or miss.  The scenarios are quasi-historical.  for instance this week it's italy 1943 the allieds have the corresponding A/C as do the axis.  we (JG54) are a quasi-historical squad obviously flying german iron.  we are in the arena almost every night.

if you are looking for perfection keep cruising but IMHO it's about as good as it gets in MMOG cartoon plane games.  generally speaking the players in the arena are there for fight and you will find you get as good as you give.

stop on by I'm always ready to get my arse kicked.  

they ran a scenario a while back involving F4Us and F6F's that actually attacked the tirpitz in tromso fjord that was fun as well as historical.  :D
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 11:14:51 PM by storch »

Offline Sweet2th

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: Re: The AvA needs advertising
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2007, 11:12:08 PM »
Originally posted by bkwolf
Not very happy flying in another "world war two" AVA and doing some shopping around, I wonder is it squad based action(taking bases, Jabo, Bombing..yadda yadda) in AVA or mainly furballs? Is it theater specific A/C (no f4u's in England?) Just a few questionsall,BK

I like to go shopping to.

Yes there are a lot of Air to air fights that get your blood pumpin.

Offline bkwolf

• Copper Member
      • http://www.avengersonline.com/index.html
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2007, 11:39:33 PM »
Thanks for the responses. I do have AH loaded up and fly off line(X-52 set up too) have yet to go on line. The FMs,DMs and all are different from what Im used too,in some ways better and others not. I would probably stick to the AVA p51-v-p51 and so on just wont do it for me. I do plan to try it out, cya up there,and thanks again
BK
Bkwolf
~Avengers~
AVA Axis

Currently MIA

Offline Panzzer

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2007, 12:24:05 AM »
Originally posted by E25280
The other day on the Tunisia map, I came into the arena and immediately heard a request to move the annoying CV . . . and found that it would not respond.  I could set waypoints, but after hitting submit, nothing would happen.  It just kept on its merry way.

I should have brought something to the boards that night, but forgot about it by the time I left.

I wonder if the same problem was occurring?  And would that be a bug or is that an arena setting?
It's an arena setting. I'll try to remember to see about that task group when I get home from work (about 8 hours), if it's still a bother.
Panzzer - Lentorykmentti 3