Author Topic: AH mentors...  (Read 10780 times)

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
AH mentors...
« on: February 12, 2007, 08:52:40 AM »
Who were yours?  The peeps who taught you the most about the game?

I am just bored with all the other threads right now!
Mark

:aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: AH mentors...
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 09:11:45 AM »
Originally posted by SkyRock
:aok

The help section on hitechcreations.com and netaces.org
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline croduh

• Gold Member
AH mentors...
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 09:12:04 AM »
Schatzi, Furball, Gianlupo, Frank3 and others.But i met them first and they were enough kind to me to show me how to play and get stuck in this freaking game that is taking away my social life aaaah!

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
AH mentors...
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 09:13:49 AM »
JB22 showed me the ropes when I 1st started playing, which today I'm still greatfull for.

Bruv119 taught me SA and nearly everything I know today.

Wilbuz and Biggles aka Pooface taught me ACMs.

Alt + R was a great help, I went out looking for the best pilot I could find and merged with him as many times as I could, getting it all on tape of course.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 09:30:15 AM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
AH mentors...
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 09:15:13 AM »
when I first started Hollywood showed me the ropes.

shamus
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
AH mentors...
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2007, 09:16:33 AM »
well, the great maxius taught me how to fly in H2H, he got me in the air, taught me about turning, told me not to HO and to get behind people first...

when i ventured online there were various people that helped me, but the most noticeable were, in order of time period:

sniper, he taught me about fighting in the vertical and reversing an opponent

the almighty batfink, who took me under his wing and invited me into his squad. under his expert guidance i went, in his own words, from 'the biggest HO'ing lawndart i've ever seen, to a formidable fighter jock'. he taught me most of what i know as a fighter pilot, and taught me to love the furball, and how to win in one ;)

then i spent a lot of time with kazaa in the TA. we taught each other, and the improvement in both of our flying was very noticeable. we'd just fight each other, practise moves. those fights were always intense, kaz!

then i started moving on to energy fighting. after being pwnt by badboy many times, i eventually asked him for help... he told me i was 'doing a batfink' and wasting too much E pulling for a shot :P he taught me all there was to know about energy fighting.

but there were always people who would kick my arse with magical merges, no matter how much energy i saved, that pesky airvent fellow being the most annoying!!!!! :D

so i've been flying and training on and off with airvent and all his aliases for nearly a year now, especially during the last few months. he used to hand me my arse, and still does from time to time, but i give him a good fight most of the time, and occasionally win one or two :)

so yeah, that's a very brief rundown of the major influences in my flying.

notable mentions should go to these guys though:

dedalos
creton
gunzo
furball
morph
TC
Murdr

ahhh, too many to name. they've all given me fantastic fights over the years, which i've taken a lot away from. sorry if i've missed anyone, there are just so many names and it's been over 2 years :P

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
AH mentors...
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2007, 09:23:59 AM »
Biggles still hasn't taught me how to pull off his sick arse vertical scissors yet. :furious

P.S: BadBoy and Airvent have some serious skills in his locker Biggles!

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Speed55

• Silver Member
AH mentors...
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2007, 09:24:38 AM »
Finding out that you could record your sorties.

Flying and dying to everyone biggles mentioned and a bunch he didn't like kitty, yucca, grmrpr, and watching the films VERY closely to see what i did wrong.
"The lord loves a hangin', that's why he gave us necks." - Ren & Stimpy

Ingame- Ozone

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
AH mentors...
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2007, 09:36:33 AM »
Jaxxo is my AH mental. WOOO WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: AH mentors...
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2007, 09:43:42 AM »
Originally posted by SkyRock

HR taught me the most important technique (learn to fly while looking backwards).  

Bug (the old original) taught me how to do a lead turn.

Drano taught me how to use flaps in AW's 109G.  The technique, amplified by Grits' instruction on the AH P-38G, has worked very well for me.

In addition to these gents, I find that I have learned something useful from nearly everyone else I have fought.

- oldman

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
AH mentors...
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2007, 09:44:52 AM »
Niehls (Nails) from F4AF. He taught me about E-management and other things you guys think I dont know anything about. :D
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline BMSaw

• Zinc Member
AH mentors...
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2007, 09:52:41 AM »
:aok   DanoDano taught me more in the DA in one hour than i learned all my 1st year  :aok

Thanks Dano

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
AH mentors...
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2007, 09:57:42 AM »
Hammer got me lots of the basics, and taught me how to stay alive long enough to learn.

Havent made myself do enough training to call it mentoring, but Badboy for energy and Nomak for turning  have helped tremendously. I don't have the core control skills down enough to learn as much as I should have from them -- but they've had the biggest effect in pulling me out of the mirey clay.

And the annotated training films from Badboy, TC, and Batfink made a huge difference in reversal skills.
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline Bucky73

• Silver Member
AH mentors...
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2007, 10:05:27 AM »
Hapstur1 was my "mentor" he taught me ALOT in a short amount of time. Goody1 also helped me out.

Lately Rolex has been teaching me some pretty cool stuff.:D

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
AH mentors...
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2007, 11:11:29 AM »
Originally posted by Kazaa
Biggles still hasn't taught me how to pull off his sick arse vertical scissors yet. :furious

P.S: BadBoy and Airvent have some serious skills in his locker Biggles!

you know what? i forgot how to do my rolling scissors :( well, almost... :p

was always fun playing with you dude :aok

i reckon it would be fun to get a bunch of us together in the DA sometime for some fun and games, nothing serious, just flying against each other and having fun with each other. i miss the good old days...

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC