Author Topic: AH mentors...  (Read 10791 times)

Offline Booz

• Nickel Member
AH mentors...
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2007, 06:53:57 AM »
Grok

Offline betty

• Gold Member
AH mentors...
« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2007, 06:59:54 AM »
i started playin AH because of my ex. he played for bout 2 months or so before we split up, he had joined navajo24 and bbqbob's squad, they had helped me when i first started out. triumph helped me also when i flew with the armed and hammered gang. then i joined the unforgiven, plissken had taught me how to bomb ( level and glide ) and how to bomb cv's and take out all 3 vh's on the v base in one pass. kermit helped me the most in fighters though, he took me under his wing and helped me with alot. playin in the DA on late nights before killshooter was turned on we would all get together and play tag for hours, yucca, 2cmex, savige, bullz, kermit, myself and many others would have a great time. i learned alot from that. i guess i can say i learned a lil somethin from everyone i have faught in the game. but i have to give kudos to ma main fwoggy, goin the the DA and him teachin me ACM's and how to fly my tiff helped alot. if it wasnt for him, i wouldnt be able to own in my tiff today :)

ohhhhhh....yeah...and i learned from 4xtch that when merging with him, always barrel roll out his way cuz he's goin for the HO shot :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
AH mentors...
« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2007, 07:10:33 AM »
Cars
Ibex
Ghosth

Offline Apar

• Silver Member
AH mentors...
« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2007, 05:57:19 PM »
NathBDP
WldThing
Fester
Urchin
Shane
Wilbuz
Morpheus
Furball
Stang
Yucca

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
AH mentors...
« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2007, 06:35:25 PM »
Artlaw, even though he didn't remember me, and all of the guys in my squad.
Who are you to wave your finger?

Offline -SR-

• Copper Member
AH mentors...
« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2007, 07:10:35 PM »
None...I dont need one. I'm still a rube. I Get a few lucky kills. You know HOs,Cherrypicks. Rams. Etc.

Having some fun though. Good thread.

-SR-:noid

Offline megadud

• Gold Member
AH mentors...
« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2007, 10:17:17 PM »
i would say

ghosth
widewing
flyboy
inyo
bighorn
phycadelic (check spelling)
furball
shane
dedalos

morph and stang helped too.

i'm probably forgeting some peeps but those are the ones i remember

definetly not superdud he sucks. so does hub.

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
AH mentors...
« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2007, 12:03:06 AM »
The Lads of JG44 My Ex-Squadies Gents
Schatzi The definitive voice of reason on the AH BBS
Biggles Taught me one of the most important things  
Hammer There are printouts of Netaces all around my desk
Soda72 I made an A5 sized handbook of all his aircraft reviews (makes great throne reading :) )

And pretty much every guy (and gal) I have had an extended furball with

Offline BaNaNa BoY

• Zinc Member
AH mentors...
« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2007, 01:47:11 AM »
Wow where can I start....

Most dont know who I am and that's because I have only been playing for a year... but I owe my 1 year progress to the following people:

Dedalos aka mendicus- wow just wow...taught me to never EVER plan ahead... read the enemy plane and react...

2bighorn(he's had like 9 other names lol)- the ACM freak of nature

todd420 aka 1hungloe- teaching me how to gv and taught me how to fly with trim..

yucca- taught me to mix it up on the deck with spits and hurri's in a 47N

blukitty- taught me SA and to stick with your wingmen.

biggles- I remember I was a 2 weeker and I wanted to fly 109's and he told me that wasnt an easy plane to learn and I insisted to want to fly it. I remember I saw him as my lil brother trying to teach the older brother that didnt know ***** how to do rolling scissors...thnx bud

Treize- My first ever squad CO back when we were in Grupul 7 Vanatoare... taught me what being in a squad is all about... Thats somthing special right there...Thats like being a childs first grade teacher...you'll never forget that person

And last but not least good ol storchita aka storch- Taught me throttle control and to love, worship, respect the ME109 when i was a 2weeker in the AvA and didnt know what the MA was...  So all ya can blame him for me being a p47 jock but being a luftweenie at heart:D

There are many more that have taught me what i know...But like bighorn said earlier..you never stop learning...as long as you fly you continue to learn, and I have a loooong way to be considered one of the best...

ALL!

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
AH mentors...
« Reply #69 on: February 14, 2007, 06:12:13 AM »
Kev367th,
Cooley
Dh367th
Jimbeam
and many many others <>

Offline TexInVa

• Nickel Member
AH mentors...
« Reply #70 on: February 14, 2007, 06:46:53 AM »
Winks, aka SEho, when I first started. He showed me how to set up my system to do all kinds of things that I had no clue about. Told me the bare basics on how to play the game.

After that, I went online and started looking up BCM/ACM tactics, formation flying and other "fighter jock" stuff, then went to the TA and requested trainers to show me what I found online.

SErock for teaching me precision bombing and that 30K in a B-17G is perfectly A-OK and that I AM allowed to fly a goon 40ft AGL the entire way to the drop and that the goon will usually outturn anything in the air.

There was a pilot in the TA the other day that taught me that even if the goon can outturn my spit9, I can still get on his six with patients and a lot of flap and rudder and gear down....;)

Offline jon

• Nickel Member
      • http://http://www.wildaces.us
AH mentors...
« Reply #71 on: February 14, 2007, 07:17:42 AM »
BIRDO got me started but DEDALOS did the rest
:aok

Offline Benny Moore

• Silver Member
AH mentors...
« Reply #72 on: February 14, 2007, 10:39:14 AM »
It was 609 Big Kahuna who gave me the essential tips for being a successful P-38 pilot in the IL-2 series.  I've never forgotten it and I've never hesitated to pass on those tips.  Before that, I was so bad with the 38 that I changed my name to Aerial Target.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
AH mentors...
« Reply #73 on: February 14, 2007, 11:00:25 AM »
just like Wisewing i am stubborn and thought i could teach myself everything.  how clueless could i have been.

since those first days in ah1 I realise now that every time i have been shot down the enemy who got me has given me a good lesson. And equally everytime i win a fight, i am learning at the expense of the fallen foe.
so thanks are in order to anyone who fits into those two catagories, which must be alot of people.

many kind folks have helped me slowly progress over the years, infact too many to mention here, all the HTC training crew and some more who are harder to come accross. like Karaya, birdo was one of the first to help me out in the game when i was a raw newby, and wolfala was very kind to me during my free two week trial and we flew together a few sorties in p38s.

as far as dueling goes, none have schooled me as much, and therefore helped me learn as much, as Wildthng, Sniper and 2Bighorn, but there are many more to thank.

biggles: 'pulling a batfink and burning too much E' is my way of saying 'HEY you get your pansy arse, 'rope-a-dope' energy fighting merge under control, and when you do, i'll be 500ft below you waiting for the fight to start'
;)
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
AH mentors...
« Reply #74 on: February 14, 2007, 11:05:38 AM »
I think I forgot to add Birdo, he was first to tell me about the stall limiter.  He then went to DA and we just flew around, no guns, just working on the tightest turns without stalling!  Was a good learning experience!  :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"