Author Topic: What are the German planes good for anyway...  (Read 1856 times)

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
What are the German planes good for anyway...
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2007, 03:11:58 PM »
LW rides work just fine in the MA enviroment...for me anyways.  maybe it is not always the plane.....
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2007, 03:16:12 PM »
Now i lay me down to sleep I pray the lord this thread to delete

Anyone got a bridge

And a gruff billy goat

Offline Patches1

• Nickel Member
There's nothing wrong with German Aircraft...
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2007, 04:19:16 PM »
It is the pilot that counts.

Learn to fly your selected machine against all other aircraft. Learn good SA (Situational Awareness) while flying your machine. Learn from your mistakes...know the limitations of your machine and the limitations of your  personal SA. Don't blame others for your own greed (in getting kills) when you get shot down.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with German Aircraft that a good pilot can't fix!

Patches
"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem."- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, General, USMC

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2007, 07:22:29 PM »
If you think a German plane can't turn fight I suggest you go to the DA with Biggles sometime. He fought me to a stand still in a 109F4 while I was in a Zero. When the fight started I figured I had it made...NO WAY a 109 will turn with me in a Zero....WRONG ANSWER!!!!!!!!

German Iron is some of the best in the game if flown correctly.
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
Practical example
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2007, 11:09:51 PM »
To expound on my earlier post with in game example.

Tonight in mid war:

Mulf and I flying bf109 G-6's engage spit9 who has a few thousand ft. alt advantage.  We split him left and right and the fight was on.  First radio transmission from Mulf was "He knows what he's doing."  I silently concured as I tried to keep the extremely well flown Spitfire in my "eye"sights, reacting and thinking, spinning, rolling, turning,climbing...

Damn 2 v 1 and I cant get a gun solution...and neither can Mulf and he is wayyyy better in the 109 than me.

Next radio trans was "High Zero joining..."     S**T!!... Pilot error on my part came next as I underestimated the energy level of the spitfire and over played my SA on the Zero.  Next thing I knew, I was despeately trying to eveade the 9 as he closed and tore my wings off.  "ElevenK shot you down" was what I was staring at as I floated down in the silk.  I watched as they proceeded to 2 v 1 Mulf to the mud, thinking the whole time, I learned something so letting down my squadie and losing my bird wasn't all in vain.

Summary:  Do I believe the 9 is hotter than the G-6? or...modeled any better?

Nope.

I was beat my a better pilot, who made no mistakes and who not only managed to keep a good pilot off him, but whacked my arse in the process.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2007, 11:52:01 PM »
my 109E will pwn any spit16.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2007, 12:08:53 AM »
Heh, I got 5 kills in a 109E over tank town, winging with another 109E against a constant stream of fresh planes. We took on hurricane2cs, yak9us, p51s, las.

I lost an aileron which lead to my eventual death, but when I died I had 5 kills and still had 50 20mm rounds left.

Yeah, those LW planes are useless, ain't they Bat? :t

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2007, 12:57:15 AM »
Oldman said it well, The German rides simply lack the insant 'jump in, point and shoot' qualities of other rides.

To fly the German rides well it takes practice and a certain flying style to get the best out of each ride. 190s and 109s are totally different beasts and one needs to fly them accordingly. Not only that, the various models of both these types of aircraft are totally different machines too.

To fly a 109, for example, well it takes careful manipulation of throttle, trim, flaps, and climb, unlike a Spit for example which is easier (in my opinion).

I'll jump in a Seafire from time to time and it feels like 'easy mode' :lol

Of course, I've not spent any serious time in a Spit of any model about 5k in a very long time, so my opinion of them is to be taken lightly.

Anyway, heil german steel! :aok
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2007, 12:58:39 AM »
They make good targets for my A-Hog. :D
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Trukk

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2007, 05:16:38 AM »
In addition to the points raised above, take away the AWACS and Linda Blair "enhancements" and it would be a totally different story.  In real life 80%-90% of the pilots didn't know they were under attack until they were being shot at.  In AH I'd guess only about 5% get bounced.  It makes a huge difference in what is considered a good aircraft.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: Practical example
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2007, 06:50:29 AM »
Originally posted by Stampf
"ElevenK shot you down" was what I was staring at

Me, too.  That guy is talented.  He owned my A5 with his G2 last night.

- oldman

Offline Geary420

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2007, 06:53:45 AM »
Originally posted by Bronk
*sniff*
*swims away from stinky bait.*

Bronk

There's not even bait on that hook.

Offline Helm

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2007, 08:01:43 AM »
Originally posted by Krusty
What good is the P-40? What good is the A6m? What good, for that matter, is the SBD? The TBM?

The real thing existed in the war, so it exists in this game. Especially when the 190s/109s were a major player in the war.

hahhaha....now this is funny....everytime I say that we should have a plane join the plane set .....krusty shoots down the idea with: ...."it wont do well in the main arena, and we have other planes allready of similar performance" .....krusty finailly aggree's that "if it served" ...we need it!
amazing!!!   :)
XO of ^"^Nazgul^"^
Proudly serving since campaign #13
"No Rain?" ...."No Rainbow, baby!" ....Bootsey Collins 2009

Offline Flame 2 the boy

• Copper Member
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2007, 08:23:15 AM »
The only thing germans planes are good for is target practice :t  

however if they do attack you from above in a dogfight you will be in trouble...just a few rounds from the cannon will blow u out of the sky. but if you have good SA, this wont be a problem. :cool:

Flameboy

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2007, 08:28:25 AM »
(fans Helm)...come back to me Helm..come back buddy

~AoM~