Author Topic: CH Product prob  (Read 831 times)

Offline K West

• Silver Member
CH Product prob
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2001, 02:54:00 PM »
"2. If I use the rockfire, force feedback is not supported. "

I installled my FFX (alone, no throttle or pedals) on the work PC to test my Rockfire out when it came in. BTW, I got mine for $11 us each a few months ago here:

http://salcon.11net.com/

I first installed the Rockfire and selected position 3 on the Rockfire. When that was done I saw the joystick in the windows control panel with device id 1. I then plugged the CH FFX stick into it's AC adapter and installed the CH DX5 drivers. Although I was not able to change what device one was set for the contro, panel let me add a CH FFX stick to device 2. It worked fine in AH excpet i could not get the 4-way hat to work.
And there weren't many FFX effects to be felt. So either AH only has a few FFX effects for the Iforce that CH uses or the installation did not let me experience a lot of them for some reason. However the stick bounced when I landed and shook nicely when I fired the guns. It also seemed to offer flight resistance in accordance to whatever axis I was out of trim in.

Westy

Offline orion8x

• Zinc Member
CH Product prob
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2001, 07:33:00 PM »
Damn, Westy!!

Guess I just assumed that, because the stick did not show up under the force feedback setup area, it was not supported.

I think I would have needed to use speedkeys anyways (FX stick hooked up to an analog pro-throttle)in order to get the 2nd hat supported.

Thanks, I'll remember this apporach should I decide to give up one hat control on the stick.

Just a FYI, I used to have the throttle, rudder, stick combination hooked up to the rockfire converter and the device supported all the needed control axes. In AW and AH (before version 1.08 - now an erroneous assumption), it worked really well.

Thanks! BTW, ZXMAW, did your views work better with the F9 key invoked.

Offline akak

• Silver Member
      • http://www.479thraiders.com
CH Product prob
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2001, 10:44:00 PM »
next time that happens, just press F9 to switch views to Instant View like AW's.

Originally posted by ZXMAW:
I know some of you use CH products and was wondering if any of you have experienced any speed key probs. My prob concerns the hat veiws. Sometimes when I use my hat it will veer off and get stuck. If any of you had a problem trying to save a head position because you went to far and the view veared off and got stuck, you would know that the only way to reset it is to pull up the map and start over.
While in flight I have been experiencing the same prob. I've just recently switched from a MS Pre Pro to CH products. Anyone have a solution or have seen the same thing?
If you have any other comments to make about the use of CH products please do   :)

I'm using a CH throt and combat stick with peds. System is compaq  AMD 350 (98) w plenty of ram BTW.

ZXMAW

Offline Horn

• Silver Member
CH Product prob
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2001, 05:51:00 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack:
next time that happens, just press F9 to switch views to Instant View like AW's.

Tried it (the F9 thing), but no joy.  

dh

Later Edit: Never mind--I was hitting the F9 after the freeze--my bad! Thanks!

[ 12-08-2001: Message edited by: Horn ]

Offline olddobe

• Zinc Member
      • http://n/a
CH Product prob
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2001, 11:13:00 PM »
Westy do you run the Rockfire into a powered hub?Are do you plug it into usb plug in on puter?I run all CH Products gear,and I'm trying to get away from Gamecard3.
Thanks;
Dobe

Offline ZXMAW

• Copper Member
CH Product prob
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2001, 02:58:00 AM »
OK, I think I may have fixed the prob. I tried lowering the key stroke speeds.. didn't do much.
I tried the f9 button... seemed to help but what fixed it for me was to use one of the supplied set ups for other games that you can DL into your stick. I left most of it the same and changed the rest for the game. I used the WB3d set up which was pretty close to AH. It fixed a few problems that I had.
I was unable to config my stick w/o having to change to a diff set-up. The buttons would not work in joystick config unless I did this, now they work. I have not had another lock up or sight veer since.
Thanks for all the help guys, I APPRECIATE IT
 :D
                      ZX

Offline K West

• Silver Member
CH Product prob
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2001, 10:08:00 AM »
Dobe I run it into one of the two mother board provided UBB ports.

I also have a shortcut on my desktop for my Aces High 'ptw' file that I double click on to load the Speedkeys profile into my Pro-thortle/F16 Fighterstick combo. No need for running up the whole Speedkeys program. I found that Speedkeys acts funny anyway in that it does not remember your stick when using this configuration (USB adapter and CH gear). I found that Speedkeys kept looking for me to choose an F16 Fighterstick profile making me manually look for and select the AH pro throttle file. And after using the ptw when I went to shut down Speedkeys it would ask me if I wanted to save any changes to the file. By double clicking on any shortcut to  particular ptw file I found it would load the file and I had no problems at all. You can do that too btw no matter whether you use a gamecard or the usb adapter. It's a nice handy method to change Speedkeys profiles without loading the whole Speedkeys program.

Email me or ask away here if any other ?'s!

Westy

Offline olddobe

• Zinc Member
      • http://n/a
CH Product prob
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2001, 02:06:00 PM »
Thanks Westy,I really appreciate the help.I have the Speed keys ptfs on the Desktop now.I'm now just waiting to get the Rockfire tomorrow.I have 2 usb ports to plug into,surely it can't matter which one I use.Thanks again for the help.I have noticed you help a lot of people,and I commend you!
Dobe

Offline Z6

• Copper Member
CH Product prob
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2001, 04:03:00 AM »
I have same problem but only when setting views!  After the views are set everything works GREAT!
                       >>>S<<<
                              ZuLuSiX

Offline Dingy

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
CH Product prob
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2002, 09:23:27 AM »
OK.  I've had this problem since I upgraded my machine and this annoyance was one of the reasons I quit AH for about 1yr.  

After seeing this thread, I reloaded AW and began messing with my repeat rates inside of SpeedKeys and lengthened the delay and decreased the number of keystrokes issued per sec.  Amazingly, the sticky-view problem just about went away.  I still get it occasionally but its maybe once during a 3-4 hour period and it goes away when I hit a button on the throttle.

Thanks gang

-Ding