Author Topic: hiroshima recreation  (Read 3096 times)

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
hiroshima recreation
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2007, 01:21:37 PM »
That and 4 years of war and suffering prior.

~AoM~

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
hiroshima recreation
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2007, 01:21:50 PM »
I keep bird shot in my 12 gauge for home protection so the pellets won't go threw the walls and hit my family, bird shot will cut a man in half at close range.  It was winter time and the perp had on a M-65 field coat and he was maybe 8 yards away when I made my first shot, He started running when he heard my 12 gauge cycle threw the door before I opened it.  I know he was hit a few times because I could see him being blown forward onto the ground when the pellets hit.

P.S.  I knew someone had been poking around for about a month because I had raked around the windows at night and was finding footprints there in the morning.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 01:41:16 PM by Xargos »
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
hiroshima recreation
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2007, 01:23:22 PM »
I think ultimately, any nation...including my own, must draw on the lesson of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.  Lesson being that once you engage in total war, there can be no guarantee as to its conclusion.  

Better not to make war, but once it is entered into, wage war with complete certainty.  Destroy those that you war against as completely as humanly possible while maintaining your own ability to exist.

To the Japanese civilians that died as a result of the atomic bombings I feel compelled to pity them and greive for them, but war is what it is.  Death and destruction.  

Better not to make war than to do so.  Avoid if at all possible.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Ball

• Silver Member
hiroshima recreation
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2007, 01:25:22 PM »
someone should send that link to the idiot who is currently president of Iran.

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
hiroshima recreation
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2007, 01:28:47 PM »
There should be no war except for total war.  Otherwise there is no need to fight.
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

Member DFC

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
hiroshima recreation
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2007, 01:34:55 PM »
Originally posted by Ball
someone should send that link to the idiot who is currently president of Iran

so he shoots his pants till he dies.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
hiroshima recreation
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2007, 01:57:04 PM »
Originally posted by Xargos
It was winter time and the perp had on a M-65 field coat and he was maybe 8 yards away when I made my first shot, He started running when he heard my 12 gauge cycle threw the door before I opened it.  I know he was hit a few times because I could see him being blown forward onto the ground when the pellets hit.

So you shot a fleeing man in the back?

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
hiroshima recreation
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2007, 01:59:02 PM »
Originally posted by Viking
Ok, but then why did you feel you had to defend the Hiroshima bombing by posting a link to atrocities done by the Japanese? (As if two wrongs make a right.)

I was just stating the fact that we were at war and we needed to end it as fast a possible so less of our people would die.  Fighting with kit gloves on is pointless.  Some people act as if we were bombing saints are something and I knew the bleeding hearts would be posting soon after me.
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

Member DFC

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
hiroshima recreation
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2007, 02:00:31 PM »
Originally posted by Viking
So you shot a fleeing man in the back?

Damn straight!
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

Member DFC

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
hiroshima recreation
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2007, 02:04:05 PM »
I was just stating the fact that we were at war and we needed to end it as fast a possible so less of our people would die.  Fighting with kit gloves on is pointless.  Some people act as if we were bombing saints are something and I knew the bleeding hearts would be posting soon after me.

And why did you feel the need to state this fact in a thread about a CGI recreation?

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
hiroshima recreation
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2007, 02:05:46 PM »
Damn straight!

How brave of you. Wasn't shooting someone in the back a hangable offence back in the old days? Think so.

Edit: A California narcotics agent faced up to 11 years in prison for a similar offence…
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 02:10:06 PM by Viking »

Offline tedrbr

• Silver Member
hiroshima recreation
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2007, 02:20:53 PM »
The decision to drop the bomb or whether is saved lives or not can be conveyed by one thing in particular, which struck me when I was in Iraq and one of the kids in my platoon got his purple heart in 2004.

He complained who it looked kinda "cheap" compared to other medals he's seen.  We then explained to the trooper that that medal in his hands was minted in 1944 or 1945 in preparation of the invasion of Japan.  That we were still issuing them 60 years later from the stocks they had available.

Military finally put in an order for about 9,000 Purple Hearts to be minted in 2000 since "stocks" were "getting low" in some areas, but there was an estimated 120,000 Purple Hearts from WWII were still in various supplies to be issued out. My guess is there are still mis-placed stocks yet to be found of Purple Hearts out there.  Been others found before, and thousands of others have degraded to the point they would not issue them.  

WWII minted Purple Hearts continue to be awarded today.

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
hiroshima recreation
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2007, 02:23:41 PM »
Stealing in the olden days was a hangable offense.  And why should I give him a chance to gain cover so he could shoot back at me?

Kalifornia is a commie state and we do things the right way down here in the Deep South.
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

Member DFC

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
hiroshima recreation
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2007, 02:40:00 PM »
A couple of New Orleans cops are facing a grand jury for shooting a running man in the back after Kartina. Surely New Orleans isn’t in a “commie state”. Shooting a man in the back and then bragging about it on the intardnet … I simply can’t respect such a man. Sorry.

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
hiroshima recreation
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2007, 02:51:25 PM »
Our laws are much different here in S.C.  I have every right to defend my property.  I know of several cases in Charleston over the past 10 years of people shooting fleeing robbers in the back and no charges being filed.  There is nothing wrong in killing a thief and I don't care if your a bleeding heart just don't think you can come out of my house alive if you've come to rob it.

P.S.  New Orleans is run by Dems, honest people have no rights there.

P.P.S.  Street cops are held under stricter rules then the rest of us when it comes to shootings.  I on the other hand was a C/O and we were trained to kill anything that got through the plane of the first fence or kill any inmate trying to run from us.  I could be sued or put in jail for letting an inmate get away.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 03:32:27 PM by Xargos »
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

Member DFC