Author Topic: best movie speeches  (Read 3303 times)

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
best movie speeches
« Reply #135 on: March 15, 2007, 05:29:38 PM »
infinity.
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
best movie speeches
« Reply #136 on: March 15, 2007, 05:30:20 PM »
To infinity and beyond!
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline megadud

• Gold Member
best movie speeches
« Reply #137 on: March 15, 2007, 05:31:45 PM »
The Ladies Man

What is love? What is this longing in our hearts for togetherness? Is it not the sweetest flower? Does not this flower of love have the fragrant aroma of fine, fine diamonds? Does not the wind love the dirt? Is not love not unlike the unlikely not it is unlikened to? Are you with someone tonight? Do not question your love. Take your lover by the hand. Release the power within yourself. Your heard me, release the power. Tame the wild cosmos with a whisper. Conquer heaven with one intimate caress. That's right don't be shy. Whip out everything you got and do it in the butt. By Leon Phelps

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
best movie speeches
« Reply #138 on: March 15, 2007, 05:34:17 PM »
[clop clop clop]
[whinny whinny]
GALAHAD:
They're nervous, sire.
ARTHUR:
Then we'd best leave them here and carry on on foot. Dis-mount!
TIM:
Behold the cave of Caerbannog!

ARTHUR:
Right! Keep me covered.
GALAHAD:
What with?
ARTHUR:
W-- just keep me covered.
TIM:
Too late!
[dramatic chord]
ARTHUR:
What?
TIM:
There he is!
ARTHUR:
Where?
TIM:
There!
ARTHUR:
What, behind the rabbit?
TIM:
It is the rabbit.
ARTHUR:
You silly sod!
TIM:
What?
ARTHUR:
You got us all worked up!
TIM:
Well, that's no ordinary rabbit!
ARTHUR:
Ohh.
TIM:
That's the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on!
ROBIN:
You tit! I soiled my armour I was so scared!
TIM:
Look, that rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!
GALAHAD:
Get stuffed!
TIM:
He'll do you up a treat, mate.
GALAHAD:
Oh, yeah?
ROBIN:
You mangy Scots git!
TIM:
I'm warning you!
ROBIN:
What's he do, nibble your bum?
TIM:
He's got huge, sharp-- eh-- he can leap about-- look at the bones!
ARTHUR:
Go on, Bors. Chop his head off!
BORS:
Right! Silly little bleeder. One rabbit stew comin' right up!
TIM:
Look!
[squeak]
BORS:
Aaaugh!

[dramatic chord]
[clunk]
ARTHUR:
Jesus Christ!
TIM:
I warned you!
ROBIN:
I done it again!
TIM:
I warned you, but did you listen to me? Oh, no, you knew it all, didn't you? Oh, it's just a harmless little bunny, isn't it? Well, it's always the same. I always tell them--
ARTHUR:
Oh, shut up!
TIM:
Do they listen to me?
ARTHUR:
Right!
TIM:
Oh, no...
KNIGHTS:
Charge!
[squeak squeak squeak]

KNIGHTS:
Aaaaugh!, Aaaugh!, etc.
ARTHUR:
Run away! Run away!
KNIGHTS:
Run away! Run away!...
TIM:
Ha ha ha ha! Ha haw haw! Ha! Ha ha!
ARTHUR:
Right. How many did we lose?

LAUNCELOT:
Gawain.
GALAHAD:
Ector.
ARTHUR:
And Bors. That's five.
GALAHAD:
Three, sir.
ARTHUR:
Three. Three. And we'd better not risk another frontal assault. That rabbit's dynamite.
ROBIN:
Would it help to confuse it if we run away more?
ARTHUR:
Oh, shut up and go and change your armour.
GALAHAD:
Let us taunt it! It may become so cross that it will make a mistake.
ARTHUR:
Like what?
GALAHAD:
Well... ooh.
LAUNCELOT:
Have we got bows?
ARTHUR:
No.
LAUNCELOT:
We have the Holy Hand Grenade.
ARTHUR:
Yes, of course! The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch! 'Tis one of the sacred relics Brother Maynard carries with him. Brother Maynard! Bring up the Holy Hand Grenade!
MONKS: [chanting]
Pie Iesu domine, dona eis requiem.

Pie Iesu domine, dona eis requiem. Pie Iesu domine, dona eis requiem. Pie Iesu domine, dona eis requiem.
ARTHUR:
How does it, um-- how does it work?
LAUNCELOT:
I know not, my liege.
ARTHUR:
Consult the Book of Armaments!
BROTHER MAYNARD:
Armaments, chapter two, verses nine to twenty-one.
SECOND BROTHER:
And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, 'O Lord, bless this Thy hand grenade that, with it, Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits in Thy mercy.'

And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals and fruit bats and large chu--
MAYNARD:
Skip a bit, Brother.
SECOND BROTHER:
And the Lord spake, saying, 'First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three. No more. No less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then, lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it.'
MAYNARD:
Amen.
KNIGHTS:
Amen.
ARTHUR:
Right!

One!... Two!... Five!
GALAHAD:
Three, sir!
ARTHUR:
Three!
[angels sing]
[boom]
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

storch

best movie speeches
« Reply #139 on: March 15, 2007, 05:44:08 PM »
Originally posted by RedTop
No I wouldn't remarry. There is no one else as far as I am concerned that can hold a candle to my wife. Giving my wife some time and paying attention to her , is not hard for me like it is for the "Manly" types. Maybe you fit in that catagory.

We are both Republicans. We discuss things and we vote for who we each one favor. She doesn't tell me what to do about anything. I value her opinion on certain things as I sometimes don't think before I react.

She chose her car. She makes the payments on Her car. I chose my SUV after tading in MY Vette. Grandkids and great nieces and nephews dont all fit in a Vette. Not to mention a DVD player makes the ride quiter sometimes.

She has her checking account and I have mine.

I cook she washes dishes. She cooks I wash dishes. I take care of the Mowing of the yard she makes sure the flower bed looks good.

I play Golf when ever I want to and spend what I want on it , she buys books to read while sitting at the pool.

I open her door when we get out of the car and open the door for her when we go into a building. I aske her waht she wants to eat at restaurants and then order hers and my meal.

I know what she drinks and how she likes it and I make sure its that way. Not because I am afraid of her , but because I want her to be happy and a smile from her makes my day.

Watching Chick Flicks isn't being afraid , it's spending time with someone I love and who makes my life all that it can be. She allows me my toys , my golf and basically whatever I want. Why not try to make her just as happy in any way I can?
it's a beautiful thing redtop, congratulations.

storch

best movie speeches
« Reply #140 on: March 15, 2007, 05:46:28 PM »
Originally posted by Sandman
Rob Reiner had little to do with the dialogue. That's Aaron Sorkin. He might not be familiar, but he wrote:

A Few Good Men
An American President
West Wing
Sports Night
Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip
Malice

IMHO, anything Sorkin writes is worth watching.
none of those movies or that rediculous show are in the least bit interesting to me.  you make take mr sorkin's body of work and deposit it in the circular file.

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
best movie speeches
« Reply #141 on: March 15, 2007, 05:50:19 PM »
Originally posted by storch
it's a beautiful thing redtop, congratulations.

Ty...sounds a bit like you have about the same. Grats to you as well.
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
best movie speeches
« Reply #142 on: March 15, 2007, 05:51:46 PM »
Sure, Charlie Brown, I can tell you. Lights, please.

"And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the fields, keeping watch over their flocks by night. And lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them and the glory of the lord shone round about them, and they were afraid. And the angel said unto them, Fear not, for behold, I bring unto you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you this day is born in the City of Bethlehem, a Savior, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; you shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes and lying in a manger. And suddenly there was with the angel, a multitude of the heavenly host, praising God, and saying, 'Glory to God in the highest, and on Earth peace, good will toward men'".

That's what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown.

"A Charlie Brown Christmas"
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline Red Tail 444

• Gold Member
      • http://www.redtail.org
best movie speeches
« Reply #143 on: March 16, 2007, 10:16:53 AM »

"oh, it GETS wierd?"  :D