Author Topic: New plane election  (Read 31529 times)

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
New plane election
« Reply #240 on: March 23, 2007, 09:34:49 AM »
yakkk 3:o

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
New plane election
« Reply #241 on: March 23, 2007, 09:39:31 AM »
I like the Beaufighter too but I have to draw the line somewhere to keep it to 10 choices.  It's certainly worthy of being on the list but it would be a very extreme long shot to win.

Offline Yippee38

• Copper Member
      • http://www.cutthroats.com
New plane election
« Reply #242 on: March 23, 2007, 09:42:06 AM »
Looking at this purely from the perspective of which airplane would actually get serious use in the arena, I'd have to vote for:

B-25
Yak-3
A-26

All the other planes are cool and all, and have their various appeal, but would anybody (except for the few who love each plane) ever fly them in the arena?

Actually, I'd vote for the Yak-3 (as it would be easier to modify the Yak-9 rather than start from scratch) AND one of the medium buffs.  To choose between the 25 and 26 is tough, but I'd go with the later versions of the 26 as a perk buff - if only to give something to spend buff perks on.

The Do-335 would definitely get my vote though.

Offline Martyn

• Nickel Member
New plane election
« Reply #243 on: March 23, 2007, 09:49:10 AM »
I'm thinking of scenarios...

Eastern Front
BOB
D-Day
European Strat. Bombing
North Africa
Pearl Harbour
PTO
etc.

I think it might be a good idea to target one or more of these to build a decent (even if incomplete) plane set - i.e. He-111 is a must for BOB. Eastern Front is pretty sparse though - how many Finns/Russians would like that filled out a bit?

Question - do we have everything for Pearl Harbour already?
Here we are, living on top of a molten ball of rock, spinning around at a 1,000mph, orbiting a nuclear fireball and whizzing through space at half-a-million miles per hour. Most of us believe in super-beings which for some reason need to be praised for setting this up. This, apparently, is normal.

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
New plane election
« Reply #244 on: March 23, 2007, 09:49:26 AM »
I'll make a deal with the Brewster guys... I'll vote for the Brewster this round if you'll give a vote for the A-26 on the next round... :cool:

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
New plane election
« Reply #245 on: March 23, 2007, 09:56:19 AM »
Bahh go for the most bang for the $.
Most numbers produced.
Most theaters of operation.
Fills more than one plane set hole.

Choice is obvious P-39.
:D
See Rule #4

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
New plane election
« Reply #246 on: March 23, 2007, 10:00:36 AM »
Ok, lets try this deal,  all you P-39 and A-26 guys vote for the Brewster this round.  The Finns get something they've wanted for forever.  Then the next round we all vote for the P-39, then 3rd round we all vote for the A-26.

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
New plane election
« Reply #247 on: March 23, 2007, 10:01:35 AM »
two words...

The Buffalo
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
Re: G.55
« Reply #248 on: March 23, 2007, 10:02:54 AM »
Originally posted by EagleDNY
The guns loadout is the same as a 109G6 with gondolas - and the engine power is about the same.  I'd expect better manueverability and hi-alt performance with those wings, and it would be a good buff killer.  

P 39 sucks! It had the engine in the wrong part of the aircraft!!! And that cannon is lousy, you'd not hit anything!!! Vote for the buff hunter, it'll be a pleasure to hit bombers with all that firepower and run away thanks to his great high altitude performance!

Vote for the G.55!!!
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline Harppa

• Nickel Member
New plane election
« Reply #249 on: March 23, 2007, 10:04:19 AM »
Brewster F2A-1 based B-239

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
New plane election
« Reply #250 on: March 23, 2007, 10:08:17 AM »
Early war german bomber so BoB will work right.

~AoM~

Offline rodak

• Zinc Member
New plane election
« Reply #251 on: March 23, 2007, 10:08:25 AM »
p-39  g-55

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
My responce to the brewster.
« Reply #252 on: March 23, 2007, 10:10:08 AM »

:D

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
New plane election
« Reply #253 on: March 23, 2007, 10:29:18 AM »
:rofl

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
New plane election
« Reply #254 on: March 23, 2007, 10:30:42 AM »
I would have to agree with Pyro's assessments...........

The P39 does fill holes in plane sets in theatres all over the world.........
It should definately have the VVS load out as default........... however it will not attract wide use in the MA......

Like wise the Pe2 fills the VVS dive bomber gap left between the Il2m3 and lendlease A20's and Bostons.

The Yak3 is the single major fighter plane missing that will see significant MA use..... its a low alt, highly manouverable (think SpitV) ac with great acceleration requiring good marksman ship. It would be the ride of the furballing experten VVS pilit.

But having said all that my heart says that the Finns should get their Brewster............

IMO (if my vote were to count for any thing) the AH Finns have earned this ride many times over and  to hell with any logic v s v how good a decision such a choice would be re one arena or another.
Ludere Vincere