Author Topic: is this considered cheating?  (Read 2983 times)

Offline AApache

• Nickel Member
is this considered cheating?
« Reply #90 on: April 23, 2007, 09:15:52 AM »
It's a problem that HTC has recognized and is going to fix.I say use it till we lose it:aok
"WE WEREN'T ASSIGNED WE WERE REQUESTED"....Lt.Col.Benjamin O. Davis of the Tuskegee Airmen 

https://youtu.be/B2sDNT91Rzw

https://youtu.be/KaufhZv84Gk

Offline BBBB

• Nickel Member
« Reply #91 on: April 23, 2007, 10:47:24 AM »
I did not sound byte anything. I was laughing at the ATC part. Your full post was;
Originally posted by Dm6
The big problem I see is that ATC is not willing to ban someone for it. So ther is no way they are going to say its cheating because a lot of poeple would already be banned. My point is we  have at least two differant definitions of cheating.

I dont like leaving the deep structure of comunication just hanging in the the balance of a definition.

I have no problem stating that I beleive it is WRONG .. and you wont catch me in there. I dont care what definition you use. . A game comes with the pre supposition that it is balanced and fair.  

I will PLAY Fair and Balanced HTC'S political problems don't concern me.

Some how you got ATC insted of HTC, so with that I took the opportunity to express my displeasure with ATC. ATC being Air Traffice Control. Lol..wow if I were a fishing man..I would have a string full.
I came in under guest and saw that Masherbrum is still humping my leg..Classic. Hump harder..you are almost there.

-Sp0t

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #92 on: April 23, 2007, 11:11:36 AM »
Originally posted by Mak333
A Playstation 3 has more power than the top of the line PC's today.

*snicker*

Uh huh,. riiiiiiiight.

:aok

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #93 on: April 23, 2007, 11:46:50 AM »
PS3s suck its all about the 360s
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #94 on: April 23, 2007, 11:58:06 AM »
Originally posted by BBBB
Hump harder..you are almost there.

I wish I had a $3000 BBQ grill.   I'd still stink at the game.  
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Mak333

• Nickel Member
« Reply #95 on: April 23, 2007, 01:51:17 PM »
Originally posted by SteveBailey
*snicker*

Uh huh,. riiiiiiiight.

:aok

Average PCs compute at ten gigaFLOPS, while the Playstation 3 computes at 2.18 teraFLOPS....  at this rate it can be considered a "supercomputer".
Mak

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #96 on: April 23, 2007, 01:55:20 PM »
Sure......

EDIT: I'm not sure if "......" conveyed the tone I was looking for, so let me add:

:rolleyes:

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #97 on: April 23, 2007, 02:27:39 PM »
Did a little searching. The Conroe chip has 290 million transistors. I found the following on some webpage:

It turns out that the Xbox 360 GPU which is now known as 'Xenos' (not R500 anymore) is an absolute friggin monster. the GPU package contains two seperate dies. the total amount of transistors for the entire GPU-system is 332 million. the main 'parent' GPU has 232 million transistors. the "daughter' die, which contains the eDRAM plus other logic for z-check, anti-aliasing, and other stuff, has the other 100 million transistors.

this is a DAMN SIGHT more than previously reported. on May 12th, IGN reported that the Xbox360 GPU had 150 million transistors. this was very surprising, given that, ATI's 1+ year old R420 (Radeon X800) had 160 million.

but *now* that it has been revealed that Xbox GPU 'Xenos' has an 332 million transistors, it can be said that this graphics architecture surpasses Nvidia's RSX 'Reality Synthesizer' GPU in Playstation3, which only has 300 million transistors. it seems Microsoft and ATI have built a real beast of a GPU here.

here is the article confirming Xbox360 GPU graphics subsystem has 332M
transistors

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/617/617951p3.html

Note that the X-Box systems have integrated video cards, and memory controlers, and all that jazz. They're counting EVERY transistor on the entire system, whereas on my desktop PC I have N1 transistors in my CPU, N2 transistors in my graphics card, and N3 transistors in my Audigy sound card.

If I've got a Conroe (which I will soon) I'd have 290M transistors. ATI estimates the RV570's transistor count at 330 million (RV570 used in the x1950 card). my Audigy card is supposed to have 4.6M transistors...

So, my desktop PC could have 624M transistors for a mid-range system. Whereas the highest of the best of the X-Boxes has only 332M.

There's no way an X-Box of any make or design will best any of the high-end desktops. It just can't happen, due to the integrated nature of the X-Box design, and the modular design of existing desktops.

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
« Reply #98 on: April 23, 2007, 02:30:19 PM »
Originally posted by AApache
It's a problem that HTC has recognized and is going to fix.I say use it till we lose it:aok

i always kill you before you get  off the spawn,you cant use it :D  :D  :noid

~VansCrew~
Tour 79
Callsign: VansCrew

"The Ringer"

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #99 on: April 23, 2007, 09:16:52 PM »
Originally posted by BBBB

War is hell.

-Sp0t

I am saving this it's classic :D
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline KTM520guy

• Nickel Member
Re: is this considered cheating?
« Reply #100 on: April 24, 2007, 08:33:34 PM »
Originally posted by VansCrew1
people in the windmill,is this cheating or just people taking advantage of a bug that HTC did not forsee,i know it's going to be fixed in the next patch but who think this is cheating,no names of those people,they know who they are. :aok :aok

~VansCrew~

It's a creative use of cover. Use every advantage to kill your enemy.
Everything King Midas touches turns to gold. Everything Chuck Norris touches turns up dead.

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
Re: Re: is this considered cheating?
« Reply #101 on: April 25, 2007, 08:41:36 AM »
Originally posted by KTM520guy
It's a creative use of cover. Use every advantage to kill your enemy.

but you cant shoot at then wit out hiting the mill
Tour 79
Callsign: VansCrew

"The Ringer"

Offline Jonny boy 8

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #102 on: April 25, 2007, 10:21:56 AM »
its not really cheating, they find cover and they cant get shot at. in war yheir is no cheating.

p51srule :aok

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #103 on: April 25, 2007, 12:03:56 PM »
Originally posted by Jonny boy 8
its not really cheating, they find cover and they cant get shot at. in war yheir is no cheating.

p51srule :aok

sure thing taylortanklover.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
« Reply #104 on: April 25, 2007, 12:08:33 PM »
If HT made all spits indestructible with a bad speeling mistake while coding, would flying one be a cheat?

No, but you can bet HT would fix it quick.