Author Topic: ARGH I HATE CH Products (all fo them!)  (Read 7130 times)

Offline IronDog

• Nickel Member
ARGH I HATE CH Products (all fo them!)
« Reply #150 on: May 24, 2007, 09:53:01 AM »
I have used CH since Air Warrior.I have had only one problem with a Combat Stick,and CH replaced it immediately.My rudder pedals have a little problem with calibrating,like its not zero centered,but off by about 14 whatever that is,but no problem flying.I would recommend CH gear to everyone.
ID

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
« Reply #151 on: May 24, 2007, 10:21:18 AM »
Does anyone have their settings for their CH fighterstick + pedals?  I just lost my old settings when i reformatted my hard drive.

AH sure looks pretty! i had a flew flights this morning, the scenery looks amazing in comparison how it looked nearly 2 years ago.
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
      • http://www.arabian-knights.org
« Reply #152 on: May 24, 2007, 01:53:23 PM »
Originally posted by Citabria
and they are all hookedup to the motherboard usb ports

Go to a powered USB hub Fester.  I had alot of problems running them from the main usb's on the motherboard.  Did some checking and even e-mailed Saitek and did some checks on gaming forums and was told by them all that the Saitek X45 & X52 sticks need more power....  I shrugged my shoulders, bought a powered USB hub for about $20.  I uninstalled the Saitek software, plugged in the stick, did not install anything for it and started AH.  In there I programmed everything in the game... have had no problems since.  
I am sure someone already said to get a powered hub, but it is 7 pages long and I have an attention span of a goldfish.....
~Sketch~//~Arabian Knights~
Sketch's Gunsight Collection 2008
Sketchworks Arabian Knights Soundpack
~Oderint Dum Metuant~

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #153 on: May 24, 2007, 02:07:38 PM »
Heh, that was the recommended next step, and it worked.  ;)
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline F4J

• Zinc Member
« Reply #154 on: December 27, 2007, 06:15:36 PM »
Originally posted by Xasthur
I would be very annoyed if I found out that a product I bought 'new' was a return from another country.

As a matter of fact, I'd go a on crusade against the company and boicott them.

Surely that's against the law?

If a product is sold as 'new' it should be in brand new condition... not a re-package return...?

Dell lost a big class action lawsuit about 15 or so years ago because they repaired/refurbished returned computers and then sold them as "new".

Offline panzerr

• Copper Member
« Reply #155 on: December 27, 2007, 09:47:32 PM »
You guys should check Ebay for a Sidewinder precision pro usb.  I don't know that there are any on there currently, but I have found 3 of them over the last year.....brand new - (gave 2 of them to family)

It may be worth a shot...:aok
Total aggravation since Tour 48...
Panzerr in game.

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
« Reply #156 on: December 28, 2007, 12:37:57 AM »
Personally, i am pleased that Fester was having issues with his controls and very unhappy that the CH rep showed up...  With his issue resolved the rest of us dweebs have another threat to worry about in the virtual skies...

:noid

Offline 2fly

• Copper Member
« Reply #157 on: December 28, 2007, 12:51:05 AM »
I use x-53 and Saitek pedals.  They have been rock solid for me.  No glitches, no weirdness, and I only have to recalibrate them maybe once every 2 months.

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #158 on: December 31, 2007, 10:39:20 AM »
I think I need to buy a powered usb hub!
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline splitatom

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #159 on: December 31, 2007, 06:31:02 PM »
Originally posted by jaxxo
i was so happy when my ch stick showed up in the mail...after a week it now holds up books on the top shelf.....i use the logicrap, its great for 3 months or so

are you kiding my longiteck is great i have had it for like 3 years and they work ok right now they have a small dead zone where it wobles i think it has a problem with the stableiser thing it worked great for like 2 years
snowey flying since tour 78

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #160 on: January 01, 2008, 12:40:29 AM »
If I remember correctly from reading the forums at the CH-Hangar, CH had always recommended to use a PCI USB card w/ an Intel chipset onboard with their USB stuff for all the reasons being stated. But with the quality of USB hubs ever increasing (Belkin, D-Link, etc) they are becoming more popular due to their versatility & price. I myself have an old discontinued Belkin ExpressBus USB 1.1 spec 4-port USB hub that I bought when I got my CH USB setup back in 2000 because Belkin had built this hub w/ joysticks in mind (was stated on the package by Belkin) & since CH USB products were designed around the USB 1.1 spec then (don't know about now) I bought it---& have never been disappointed since. FWIW I have always ran this hub in bus-power mode w/o issue but I might just try it in self-power mode to see if it makes a difference---if I can find the adapter!

:)

PLease hear what Skuzzy posted as the VR's on your box's motherboard along w/ the USB controller(s) & your PS have a LOT to say about how well USB works.

I would also like to add: Unless you're using USB peripherials that NEED the USB 2.0 spec to work well, do yourself a favor & shut down the USB 2.0 USB controller on your motherboard & use the legacy USB (1.1) controller only. Your sticks will love you for it.

:D
Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd