Author Topic: maps  (Read 3604 times)

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
maps
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2007, 08:08:15 PM »
Originally posted by Dace
I think the milkrunners have found a their "niche" with the EW and MW.

screw the mikl runners with theyr early and mid wars, 90% of the people in the game dont care about rank,why should the 10% of people that care about rank kill the fun of the game with the EW and MW's.
Tour 79
Callsign: VansCrew

"The Ringer"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
maps
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2007, 08:18:17 PM »
Originally posted by VansCrew1
EW and MW are just for the socre hores,thats all their good for,milk running and perk farming.

i agree with raider.

That coming from one totally freakin out  when I bombed him milking a strat target in MW....:rofl
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
maps
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2007, 08:19:25 PM »
Originally posted by VansCrew1
screw the mikl runners with theyr early and mid wars, 90% of the people in the game dont care about rank,why should the 10% of people that care about rank kill the fun of the game with the EW and MW's.

Pot Kettle black syndrome.....wasn't you one for frequenting these arena when you tried for rank.:rofl

I see no reason to close them but I would relish the opportunity to use one of our older larger maps.  I suppose since the terrain update that's not possible.:(

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
maps
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2007, 10:43:33 PM »
Some of you are questioning why I think we should close the EW and MW.

Really its a numbers game.  Lets say that on a busy night there are a total of 100 players in EW and MW; those numbers are better served in the 2 LW arenas spread out.  

The argument AGAINST large maps is there is not enough players to go around to make the large maps successful.  I don't agree with that assessment anymore.  

You used to be able to have a decent night with 350 members on a large map.  With membership where it is at now, you can fit 2 LW arenas with 350 members each by closing EW and MW down.

This is why we should close down EW and MW and THEN, the large maps would work on a 1 week rotating cycle from small to large maps.

If some of you call in WHAAAAA---whining, so be it.

We need more variety.:aok
* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
maps
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2007, 10:50:29 PM »
Originally posted by SEraider
Some of you are questioning why I think we should close the EW and MW.

Really its a numbers game.  Lets say that on a busy night there are a total of 100 players in EW and MW; those numbers are better served in the 2 LW arenas spread out.  

You basically mean that 100 players should stop flying in an arena you don't like and forced into an arena you personally prefer? Some people enjoy fighting at a different pace there. Yes, fighting actually occurs there, albeit rare and under markedly different circumstances than in LW arenas...

Why not just leave EW & MW up and just get large maps? I see rarely more than 10% of LW population numbers in EW & MW, so their attendance or absence in LW shouldn't make much difference.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 10:52:32 PM by Lusche »

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
maps
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2007, 11:01:11 PM »
Been silent about this, but I'd love to see trinity, ozkansas, or festerma up.  What about at least trying a "big map weekend" to see how it goes.  Load em up in orange and blue Friday, and switch back to small maps on Monday.

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
maps
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2007, 11:11:09 PM »
QUOTE]You basically mean that 100 players should stop flying in an arena you don't like and forced into an arena you personally prefer? Some people enjoy fighting at a different pace there. Yes, fighting actually occurs there, albeit rare and under markedly different circumstances than in LW arenas...[/QUOTE]

I am not saying that I do not like the EW and MW. I happen to like it.

I am saying that it is not feasible to have say 13 people in a EW for a large map when those 13 could boost (slightly) the LW areas.  It is lame for 13 guys in EW when a large map should have plenty of people on.[PHP]
* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
maps
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2007, 11:45:36 PM »
I vote that we revert to one map per arena.  One can be European based and the other Pacific based.  Let's keep only these maps for years and years so that the new guys can know what Air Warrior was like and so the old guys can remember how lucky they have it when #3 magically appears one Christmas :aok
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline KTM520guy

• Nickel Member
maps
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2007, 11:47:11 PM »
Originally posted by Murdr
Been silent about this, but I'd love to see trinity, ozkansas, or festerma up.  What about at least trying a "big map weekend" to see how it goes.  Load em up in orange and blue Friday, and switch back to small maps on Monday.

In the absence of a full on return of the big maps this idea is also a good one. Now you could have 3 days of fun per week instead of 7 days of "WTF, eh? This map again?"

Closing down EW and MW would really serve no purpose. Sure the numbers are small but so are the numbers in AvA. Let them have their fun.

:)
Everything King Midas touches turns to gold. Everything Chuck Norris touches turns up dead.

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
maps
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2007, 11:50:24 PM »
Not trying to be rude but has HTC ever said why we cant have the Big Maps? With the numbers up and all around 400+ in one arena on the weekends thats no more then when we had 1 arena on say a weeknight Monday or Tuesday around 5PM eastern way back when :/
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline Atoon

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
maps
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2007, 12:11:08 AM »
Im all for new maps. I dont need big maps cause I hate milkrunners, but I would be very happy to see some maps with terrain where the fights are. Most maps that have mountains or hills in them seem to position the mountains so they are only an obstacle to/from the fight. Rarely does the fight actually happen in mountains. I would think bases in mountains would be a great way to accomplish this. Or perhaps some realistic pacific islands...

I like the canyons on SMPizza, but they lack variation.
Thanx for addressing the signature issue FAIRLY, I am morally aloud to patronize your business again. I am Anton & Uknome, Current game-ID Anton1.   *-Brown Nosers STINK!-*

Offline Angry Samoan

• Silver Member
maps
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2007, 12:43:58 AM »
Originally posted by Murdr

:aok

Even a compromise, LW orange running small map and LWblue running large map.

Newer subscribers would be amazed to see what they missed.

Would be a good survey to see where player preferences are.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
maps
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2007, 01:37:11 AM »
I think EW & MW should be combined, either limiting the MW plane set (Several of these are quite popular in the LW arenas anyway) or perking more of the MW planes.  Then EW and MW should only have small maps.

As to the LWA's run one with big maps in rotation and one with small maps in rotation with a 2-3 to one arena cap on the big map arena vs the small map arena.

That said, while it seems like the small maps are overcrowded on the weekends, I was in SmPizza for quite a while tonight and most of that map was a ghost town.  That being the case the land grabbers and milk-runners should have been going wild but they weren't.  All the action was packed into a few small areas.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline PK1Mw

• Nickel Member
maps
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2007, 03:02:54 AM »
doesn't have to be big maps, just something different. at this point i'd even take that POS map where the towns are half a sector away from the base and I absolutely hate that map. But because it is a change of the current maps that we have, it would be a sight for sore eyes.

I know there was talk about Fester making a new map, so at least someone is trying to do something about it. If I had the time to figure out how to make the maps, I'd do my best, but I don't.

I know HTC has a lot of crap going on right now, but how hard would it be to update some of the older maps just to give us that different look. Hell, even making a map reset maybe every 2 days would help as well. I know some of the maps are real bad, because its like they never go away and you are stuck with them for a week at a time.

But what is really bad is having the EXACT same map in both LW arenas. That doesn't even allow those who don't like the map in Blue to go to Orange. I've seen the same map in EW, and both LW arenas at the same time. (One of the arenas had just got reset)

Don't really have to be new, just something different. At least IMO.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
maps
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2007, 04:58:51 AM »
Originally posted by SEraider

I am saying that it is not feasible to have say 13 people in a EW for a large map when those 13 could boost (slightly) the LW areas.  It is lame for 13 guys in EW when a large map should have plenty of people on.[PHP] [/B]

13 more people would be hardly a boost someone to notice, so IMHO no reson to force them into LW. ;)