Author Topic: Th course of British Society in the future  (Read 4681 times)

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
Th course of British Society in the future
« Reply #195 on: July 08, 2007, 09:50:58 AM »
Originally posted by Whisky58
Laurie, judging by your spelling and punctuation above, I'm assuming that you weren't educated at either Eton (no "a") or Harrow. ;) Neither were my two eldest kids, but funnily enough they both studied some American Indian history in their GCSE History curriculum.
Regards.

If you do not wish to believe where i am taught, that is up to you, Harrow is about producing gentlemen rather than Academics.

Yes we are doing some work about The American War of Independence and The United States early history, but not that of the 'indigenous' or Original inhabitants.

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
« Reply #196 on: July 08, 2007, 10:06:23 AM »
Originally posted by Shuckins
Might makes right?  

Comparing the Scots to Al Qaeda and calling them extremists isn't helping your cause.

No one claimed the Scots were blameless, but they seldom produced characters as unsavory as the Duke of Cumberland.  The nickname given to him of "Butcher" Cumberland after the Battle of Culloden was well deserved.

The repression of the Scots and their clans after that battle was extreme, and constituted an attack on the very culture of the Scots themselves.

Shall I produce more examples of British benevolence?  Don't even get me started on Britain's part in starting the infamous and odorous Opium War with China.  The massacre of the Zulus is another bright spot in English history.

If the hands of American settlers and their government are covered in the blood of native Americans, then the British are covered in it up to their necks.

My apologies to any British posters here, like Whiskey, who care to argue their points with respect for those holding opposing viewpoints.

'Might makes right?'

I never claimed the British to be right, i just disputed the way, like many Americans, you tried to make any enemy of the British realm and monarchy look so innocent and the British to be totally wrong.

I never called them extremists i was simply making a modern day comparison. But it is well known that the Scots adopted a sort of 'gorilla warfare' style tactic or skirmish style fighting against the English rather than open confrontations, much like how the rebels fought in America later on against the British.

I think the battle between the Zulu tribe and the relatively minut British forces trying to build a bridge is one of THE greatest episodes of British military history. Those men fought off thousands of barbaric tribes men,
Shall i bother to tell you how many VC's were given out for that conflict? or will you just heckle that award also?

You should be very careful about what you say and think of the British military and it's heritage, For this is the heritage that has developed the army into what it is today, the sole military force that is meaningfully supporting yours is it not? it has produced the men that are fighting side by side with yours has it not?

And lets face it, If you want to pull out cheap shots and 'low blows' Vietnam was the most diabolical military **** up in modern history. I do not have  numbers in my head and they are probably not available to the public in an honest form, but i wouldn't mind betting that the U.S. army has the highest friendly fire rate in the western world.

Offline Hawco

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #197 on: July 08, 2007, 02:33:56 PM »
Shut this thread down, it's gone from Immigrations- rants about 17th Century tactics used by the Scots, Every Scotsman knows that the first team to beat Engerlaaaand after they won the World Cup was Scotland.  
That's all that matters in terms of the Scots, unless you want to include Maradonas goal aganst them (Engerlaaand)in 1986.
Laurie- Away wi yee!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 02:37:25 PM by Hawco »

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
« Reply #198 on: July 11, 2007, 04:53:21 PM »
Seeing as once again there is a lack to challenge and discuss the most important political minefield, i shall let you consider with this fact;

43% of Muslims living in England want to impose 'sharia law' which is basically the law of the quran; this would entail the stoning of raped women,

Now please watch this video it is a BBC news report; and tell me why these bastards deserve citizenship in our country if the feel any ounce of sympathy for terrorists.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/nol/newsid_6280000/newsid_6285600/6285620.stm?bw=nb&mp=wm&news=1&ms3=2

I would take great Joy in tearing down that mosque, i would feel no remorse in burning those men who seem to absurdly sympathise with Al Qaeda and their bidders, and i would pay for their wives and offspring to be permanently exiled seeing 'we are such a terrible western government' shame they don't have the same attitude when it comes to the welfare state. O not so bad for them then are we , or when it comes to free council house, or another form of bogus benefit to these traitorous bastards.

Call it fascism, call it what you like for you are wrong the Muslims in this video are WRONG; i have no care on this particular topic for some liberal activist view.

yup multiculturalism works doesn't it ...
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 05:28:33 PM by Laurie »

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
« Reply #199 on: July 11, 2007, 04:58:41 PM »
Originally posted by Hazzer
I hate the pc brigade.I distrust all politicians.I believe in live and let live,and hate injustice.

By the way,Anyone born in the United States is "NATIVE",the red Indian tribes are "INDIGENOUS". :aok

That's all hunky dory hazzer, shame Islam does not follow you on the live and let live idea. Whilst i agree with you on the subject of 'injustice' you must first have to have a common definition of what actually is just. something which we have clearly not achieved yet.

natural to a country or region, native.
http://www.anbg.gov.au/glossary/webpubl/lichglos.htm

native to a particular area.
http://www.riparianbuffers.umd.edu/dictionary.html

By the way these are 2 of the 5 web defintions i got for 'indigenous'  ' hazzer':aok
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 05:02:36 PM by Laurie »

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
« Reply #200 on: July 11, 2007, 05:03:56 PM »
Buzz off, i'm not ready to shut this thread down, im just starting to get my teeth into it, nothing like a good old debate is there chaps?

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #201 on: July 11, 2007, 08:47:45 PM »
You are really an example of what Harrow puts out as students these days?

Really?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
« Reply #202 on: July 12, 2007, 12:12:11 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
You are really an example of what Harrow puts out as students these days?

Really?

Yes, Anthony Love is my real name.

We don't have student lists available to the public as far as i know but when i get home I'll try and dig up some' proof' if you really want it, I'm still at school, don't have much here in my dormitory right now.

You appear think i have a bizarre mindset because  i totally disagree with 43% of a bunch of guests in our country that want to impose their barbaric laws upon us.

please watch the clip i gave a link to, and then come back to me.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 12:51:53 PM by Laurie »

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #203 on: July 12, 2007, 01:13:46 PM »
Toad - if you have a rich Daddy, you can get into Harrow. I don't think academic performance has much to do with it.

Still it is jolly reassuring to see the 'institution' producing stalwart defenders of Victorian attitudes! What, what!

British muslims are not 'guests', by the way. I know that is BNP dogma, but do try to see through the spiel, old bean.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 01:20:32 PM by Dowding »
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
« Reply #204 on: July 13, 2007, 05:20:01 AM »
Originally posted by Dowding
Toad - if you have a rich Daddy, you can get into Harrow. I don't think academic performance has much to do with it.

Still it is jolly reassuring to see the 'institution' producing stalwart defenders of Victorian attitudes! What, what!

British Muslims are not 'guests', by the way. I know that is BNP dogma, but do try to see through the spiel, old bean.

Sorry, surely a person allowed to stay here for an indefinite period or arrive here after birth is a guest, no?

Any man women or child that supports or even syympathises with the terroists does not deserve to be a country men of mine or yours and does not deserve citezenship.-----Would you agree with this statement?

98% in Maths KS2 not enough academic performance for you sir?

I'll say it again, be a sport and watch the clip, then come back to me.
Funny how none of you have commented on it, the truth a bit too on much on the nose for you, or have you really still not watched it.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 05:23:25 AM by Laurie »

Offline AKH

• Nickel Member
« Reply #205 on: July 13, 2007, 11:10:15 AM »
Originally posted by Laurie
Sorry, surely a person allowed to stay here for an indefinite period or arrive here after birth is a guest, no?

No.  Your argument is simplistic and incorrect, since many "British Muslims" in this country are already British citizens by naturalisation or birth.  Only the remainder are "guests."

Any man women or child that supports or even syympathises with the terroists does not deserve to be a country men of mine or yours and does not deserve citezenship.-----Would you agree with this statement?

There is a clear distinction between expressing an opinion in a democratic society and aiding and abetting an enemy of the state.  Contrary to what you may believe, the former is not usually a crime.  It may be censured, but should not be prohibited or punishable.
AKHoopy Arabian Knights
google koan: "Your assumptions about the lives of others are in direct relation to your naïve pomposity."

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
« Reply #206 on: July 13, 2007, 02:30:42 PM »
Originally posted by AKH

There is a clear distinction between expressing an opinion in a democratic society and aiding and abetting an enemy of the state.  Contrary to what you may believe, the former is not usually a crime.  It may be censured, but should not be prohibited or punishable.

So you think they can discredit the government that is giving them shelter, support Jihad and the innocent deaths of westerners, and still deserve taxpayers money on their benefits?

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #207 on: July 13, 2007, 04:12:50 PM »
98% in Maths KS2 not enough academic performance for you sir?

Congratulations. I hear GCSE is very taxing these days, and I wish you well. However, my point is that money (in addition to the £24,000 per year admission fees) can buy you a place at Harrow, outside a minority of scholarship pupils.

On the other hand, a lad could attend a lowly Comprehensive school and walk away with straight A's at GCSE and 5 As at A-Level including Further Maths. Parents might have to stump up a quid a day for the bus fare... but I guess sacrifices have to be made.

So you think they can discredit the government that is giving them shelter, support Jihad and the innocent deaths of westerners, and still deserve taxpayers money on their benefits?

A straw man blowing in the wind if ever I saw one. Of the Muslim population of Britain, how many fit your stereotype? 2%, 25%, 75%? You don't know, of course. Your data is one poll with a sample of how many? A thousand? What was the demographic spread? Middle class, working class, Finsbury Mosque goers?
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
« Reply #208 on: July 13, 2007, 04:57:34 PM »
Congratulations. I hear GCSE is very taxing these days, and I wish you well. However, my point is that money (in addition to the £24,000 per year admission fees) can buy you a place at Harrow, outside a minority of scholarship pupils.

On the other hand, a lad could attend a lowly Comprehensive school and walk away with straight A's at GCSE and 5 As at A-Level including Further Maths. Parents might have to stump up a quid a day for the bus fare... but I guess sacrifices have to be made.

A straw man blowing in the wind if ever I saw one. Of the Muslim population of Britain, how many fit your stereotype? 2%, 25%, 75%? You don't know, of course. Your data is one poll with a sample of how many? A thousand? What was the demographic spread? Middle class, working class, Finsbury Mosque goers?

Give me a JCB and i'll give Finsbury park mosque and thier long john silver wanna be with his hook over there a lesson or two on common courtesy's in britian.

43% of muslims admitted to their Imam's that they wanted to introduce Shiah law in britian, thtas how much.

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
« Reply #209 on: July 13, 2007, 05:13:19 PM »

A

You seem to think straight A's is top notch, meet mister A*, thta is what is expected is of us, B grades are seen as failure. You know in some exams the level of an A is 65%?
You seem to feel 98% at KS2 in maths is not enough?
80% is hard enough to find amongst the state sector pupils.

Although i must admit, I'd lose out to them in the Tracksuit and trainers general knowledge exam or how to make a 3 star resort that of 2 stars. they've made those  ones by now surely? I'm sure they'll be some ridiculous legislation or civil liberty somewhere dictating that it's an injustice not to have it somewhere. At least they'll get some half decent marks

Have you been to a state school recently and seen what type of places these have become due a mix of cultures and multi cultural collision?

Notice one thing, the majority , especially in London of state school children are of ethnic minority, and notice another thing, the flowers on the lamppost down the road due to another knife crime death, this is why 'daddy' forks out.

Your dumb bellybutton approach and typical lower class view of generalization at the upper-class schools makes clear why you are not here with us.  In 2003 Eton came top of the school league tables in GCSE, can't be all that dumb or accepted simply on a financial basis can we? My brother having taken his GCSE's that very year at Eton.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 05:15:21 PM by Laurie »