Author Topic: Th course of British Society in the future  (Read 4685 times)

Offline Whisky58

• Copper Member
Th course of British Society in the future
« Reply #150 on: June 26, 2007, 06:54:07 AM »
Originally posted by Holden McGroin
Including Native Americans...  We came across the Bering Land Bridge about 14,000 years ago.

Even though a portion of my family tree goes thru the Pima of Arizona, I know that I am of African origin.  I have traced my ancestry to a small austrolipithicine village on the shores of what is now Lake Tanganyika...  before that the paper trail gets lost.

And I thought you were descended from that famous Scottish clan the McGroins, neighbours to the lesser known Mcapple clan :)
Whisky

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
« Reply #151 on: June 26, 2007, 07:32:15 AM »
A report published today by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development states that foreign born nationals make up just under 10% of Britains population.  Not that it bothers me particularly.

As for Scotland leaving the UK i say good ridance!  The scottish get free university education + drugs on the NHS which are not available in the UK.  They have more money spent per head in scotland that anywhere else in the UK and contribute sod all taxes.
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #152 on: June 26, 2007, 07:59:28 AM »
whiskey...  I don't know where you live but if you are trying to say that your country is anywhere near as diverse as America then the facts do no bear you out.   You are almost totally white with a few blacks and some indians.

My state has whites at a minority.  I think you may be able to see the difference.

lazs

storch

« Reply #153 on: June 26, 2007, 08:06:27 AM »
Originally posted by thrila
A report published today by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development states that foreign born nationals make up just under 10% of Britains population.  Not that it bothers me particularly.

As for Scotland leaving the UK i say good ridance!  The scottish get free university education + drugs on the NHS which are not available in the UK.  They have more money spent per head in scotland that anywhere else in the UK and contribute sod all taxes.
what are your sentiments to a united and independant Ireland?

Offline Whisky58

• Copper Member
« Reply #154 on: June 26, 2007, 06:16:48 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
whiskey...  I don't know where you live but if you are trying to say that your country is anywhere near as diverse as America then the facts do no bear you out.   You are almost totally white with a few blacks and some indians.

My state has whites at a minority.  I think you may be able to see the difference.

lazs

The US has more blacks as a percentage of total population than the UK - can't argue with that.  However, the majority of US blacks can trace their ancestral origins to a well defined & relatively small part of western Africa. That's not diversity.

Looks like I'm going to have to buy you a dictionary along with the history book and atlas (doesn't know where Bradford is). I'll try to find one with plenty of pictures.

BTW - if you can't form a rational arguement lazs, at least please try to spell my handle correctly.
Whiskey is some sort of cough mixture distilled in the southern US states and used to remove flies from car windscreens in the UK.
Whisky is the nectar of gods, crafted with centuries of experience by big, hairy men in Scotland.
Regards.
Whisky

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #155 on: June 27, 2007, 09:13:12 AM »
whisky... My grandfather was born in scotland.   I have been to your country but not every little village..  I did not see the diversity that you speak of.  

You should try to travel around in mine.  it is a rather large country but you will see that the makeup is indeed very diverse compared to your country.

lazs

Offline expat

• Silver Member
« Reply #156 on: June 27, 2007, 11:11:14 AM »
You didnt go very far then did you Lazs???
goggles on ,chocks away, last one backs a homo  hooraaaaaaaaay!

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #157 on: June 27, 2007, 02:16:36 PM »
I put about 1000 miles on a rental car while I was there.

lazs

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #158 on: June 27, 2007, 02:34:44 PM »
You lapped Scotland 4 times?  ;)
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline expat

• Silver Member
« Reply #159 on: June 28, 2007, 02:10:43 AM »
Wow a whole 1000miles ....well thats it then your the leading authority on the United Kingdom.....

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #160 on: June 28, 2007, 02:40:47 AM »
Originally posted by expat
Wow a whole 1000miles ....well thats it then your the leading authority on the United Kingdom.....

On Scotland anyway...   I doubt he drove to NI.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Whisky58

• Copper Member
« Reply #161 on: June 28, 2007, 06:47:45 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
whisky... My grandfather was born in scotland.   I have been to your country but not every little village..  I did not see the diversity that you speak of.  

You should try to travel around in mine.  it is a rather large country but you will see that the makeup is indeed very diverse compared to your country.

lazs

I've been to California, New Mexico, Texas, Chicago and New York - again only a small sample but 4 trips in all.  My brother has married an American and has lived in New York for 12 years.

I guess we'll have to agree to differ, but if you've got Scottish blood in your veins we should, at least, agree about whisky:)
Regards
Whisky

Offline Whisky58

• Copper Member
« Reply #162 on: June 28, 2007, 06:52:16 AM »
Nearly forgot a brief stop over in Phoenix, but too short to really count.
Whisky

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #163 on: June 28, 2007, 08:00:15 AM »
I never claimed to be an expert on your island.  I never claimed to have spent much time there.   just the facts.

the facts about your diversity and ours are readily available.   your population is no where as diverse.   I am sorry you are feeling the pinch.   I could have predicted that eventually you would.

We have been dealing with it for a long time...  during all this time we have listened to people of other countries tell us how we should do it and all the things we are doing wrong and how we should embrace multiculturalism.

When I drank I drank single malt because that is what my granddad said I should drink...  but...  I drank enough that if there was nothing else I would drink sterno.

I don't drink at all anymore.   My life is better.

lazs

Offline expat

• Silver Member
« Reply #164 on: June 29, 2007, 10:12:57 PM »
Youd better not go back to Scotland then theyd burn you at the stake for being a heratic :)