Author Topic: No Honor  (Read 3435 times)

Offline Platano

• Silver Member
NOT DIRECTED AT FUGITIVE
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2007, 09:53:00 AM »
I dont understand all this cacamania talk about Honor and Respect and wat nots in a game :huh :confused: :huh

Just last night I uped from a field in a 109g2 with a lone k4 and 110 strafing the town... I knew the k4 was a clueless tyke cuz hes strafing buildings in a k4...ok so Boom he's dead...the 110 is on autoclimb about 1k on top of me, probably afk. So I hit the WEP making my DB605 scream for all she could climbing up to this 110 and some other friendly comes on vox and says "hey plat, I think the 110's afk, you gonna shoot em down?" I'm like Hell yea. Then he's like "ok but there no honor in it"

In my head im like and? so wat. I can give two chits if he's AFK or not.

Honor? Pffttt... PUH-leeeze...

Oh BTW the 110 went boom-boom too :aok
Army of Muppets

Fly Luftwaffe.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
No Honor
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2007, 09:53:33 AM »
All those guys trying to beg for mercy on CH200: Many people, including me, are not even tuned to that channel.

Besides that:
Enemy plane on fire or missing a wing: I don't shoot it.
All other cases, I do. Only on very rare occasions I let someone go. Earn it ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
No Honor
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2007, 09:55:01 AM »
Originally posted by The Fugitive
Well I guess we can see who has "class" and who doesn't !!!  LOL!!

Ya I could have turned around once we were a few miles out from the VB, but even on a good day with a plane undamged I didn't really stand a chance against this "Pro" in his favorite ride. The point of the thread was pointing out how thw community has degenerated to such a state that HTC might as well call it "Quake II".

I'm sorry that the topics of "honor" and "class" were a bit to deep for some of you to understand. You may now return to your "vulchfests" and HO rides, and have a nice day.

So anyone that doesn't quite see it your way or agree with you lacks honor and/or class ... yeah that's "classy".

:rolleyes:
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

storch

Re: NOT DIRECTED AT FUGITIVE
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2007, 10:01:09 AM »
Originally posted by Platano
I dont understand all this cacamania talk about Honor and Respect and wat nots in a game :huh :confused: :huh

Honor? Pffttt... PUH-leeeze...

word

Offline Flatbar

• Nickel Member
No Honor
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2007, 10:18:12 AM »
HT has said , < I'm sure with his tongue firmly planted in his cheek >, that the goal of AH is to piss off the enemy, you don't do that by letting them go, you do it by killing them.

As for honor and courage, AH is a game, save that for real life where it actualy means something.

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
No Honor
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2007, 10:23:13 AM »
AW was like that fugitive, for the most part anyways.  One of the reasons I say the community there was far superior to AH...and most likely will remain that way.  But that is gone, this is the game now...and it is different...so I never expect anything like that, its nice when it happens, but never expect it.
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
No Honor
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2007, 10:36:25 AM »
Bah.......I dont play this game to "bingo" or "wave a white flag" or to get ghey with some "childish honor code" nonesense.  I come to this game to play the role of a infamous cartoon aero killer.  Absolutely No Mercy given, none expected.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
No Honor
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2007, 10:40:20 AM »
Sounds like a wine, anyone see the cheese?
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
No Honor
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2007, 11:23:35 AM »
Originally posted by killnu
AW was like that fugitive, for the most part anyways.  One of the reasons I say the community there was far superior to AH...and most likely will remain that way.  But that is gone, this is the game now...and it is different...so I never expect anything like that, its nice when it happens, but never expect it.

Thats what I was saying Killn, this guy was from those days, thats why I expected it. I guess I'm just too much into the old ways. Some of us old farts are like that. Ya its a game, but if your playing a game of chess its kinda like your opponet spittin in your face.

Well I guess "the boards have spoken" not that I really expected much from those that post here. Call it a whine, call it what you will, but I'll dumb it down for those of you that didn't get it....

Its too bad the community has falling this far, like a lot of things, the old days were better. Salute!

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
No Honor
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2007, 11:23:52 AM »
found out a "well known" player was there in the attack. I figured I'd head back and give him a go, maybe I could learn something.

even on a good day with a plane undamged I didn't really stand a chance against this "Pro" in his favorite ride.

*sigh*   irony

I hope you learned that holding your plane straight and level as a guy gains on you will get you killed every time.  Whereas, had you turned and fought, or maneuvered in an effort to shake him loose, you might actually have reached your originally intended goal(learn something)  and had some fun in the process.

Steve
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 11:26:56 AM by SteveBailey »

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
No Honor
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2007, 11:32:26 AM »
Yeah, HO then run then look for mercy and talk about honor.  You mentioned that you wanted to learn something from him maybe?  Well, had you turned back you might have.

I love those guys that are 600 on my 12 and they keep going straight hoping for what?  You ack is not comming to meet you.  You are either there or you are not.  Turn and fight, you are dead anyway foo, lol
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
No Honor
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2007, 12:01:26 PM »
dedalos, crawl back under your rock bud. Had you read the first post you might have noticed that the "Pro" I was talking about passed over head 1000+ feet up in a P47. While watching said "Pro", a dweeb in an F6 pointed his nose at me. Had he never fired on that pass, neither would I. Again had you read my post you might have understood that a second plane made a head on merge and either didn't fire or had tracers off, so I DID NOT fire on him. Yes I'm sorry I gave them the benefit of a free shot on me, as it crippled my plane and took out any chance I had with tangling with the P47.

So no I didn't HO the "Pro", no did I HO the F6 till after he blew my oil for me, nor did I HO the third plane in. The whole post was nothing more than. "Its too bad the community has falling this far, like a lot of things, the old days were better.", I wish I would have typed it that way the first time.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
No Honor
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2007, 12:12:25 PM »
Bingo is a game old ladies play.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
No Honor
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2007, 12:12:29 PM »
I understood ya the first time Fugi :)

I guess I look at it this way.  I can choose how I go about it in the game and that's about it.

If I can let a guy ditch after his plane is clearly in no shape to keep up the fight I will for the most part.

I don't expect it in return and considering my goal of coating all the arenas in 38G parts, it's a good thing as it keeps up the distrubition of parts for me :)

Comparing it to the old AW days fits only to a point as that was a smaller community where folks knew each other better.  You knew who you were going to run into on certain parts of the map and expected those fights and that kind of response.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline jhookt

• Nickel Member
No Honor
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2007, 12:12:56 PM »
Originally posted by The Fugitive

So no I didn't HO the "Pro", no did I HO the F6 till after he blew my oil for me, nor did I HO the third plane in. The whole post was nothing more than. "Its too bad the community has falling this far, like a lot of things, the old days were better.", I wish I would have typed it that way the first time.

you are using one encounter with an established stick as a measurement of the whole community? now if you had declared your intentions over to 200 to said "pro" maybe he would have been happy to oblige you, but to think that the other 6 enemies weren't eager to kill you is ridiculous.