Author Topic: Bring Back The MA  (Read 9478 times)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #180 on: July 17, 2007, 10:06:53 AM »
Originally posted by The Fugitive
Were talking about the split of LW arenas, What goes on in the EW and MW has no effect on the LW arena other than scores. The "milkrunners" have had a big impact on the scores. I think that is what B@tfink means. So those who fly in the LW arena and want the "one arena" back are the ones hurting because they can't compete with the milkrunners in the other arenas.

First let's define milkrunner.  Whenever people use that term they generally are referring to bomber pilots going after toolsheds in an empty arena.  

In my opinion there's a much broader definition; The act of improving rank/score against little to no opposition.

In that context the LW arenas are actually better for milking kills through hoarding, cherry picking, vulching, spawn-camping and attacking (bombing) vehicles.  I view all of these activities as forms of milking, you're just milking kills, not toolsheds.

Buff milking is just as easy in the LW arenas as the EW and MW arenas.  All you need is a set of AR234's or the patience to take the heavies up high.

The only real advantage the EW/MW players have relative to improving score is in field captures and possibly the general level of competition in fighters.  I'm not saying there's not good pilots in EW/MW, only that some there who would appear good through their stats really aren't as good as they appear, and this seems to me to be in higher proportion than in the LWA's.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #181 on: July 17, 2007, 11:47:01 AM »
Originally posted by BaldEagl
First let's define milkrunner.  Whenever people use that term they generally are referring to bomber pilots going after toolsheds in an empty arena.  

In my opinion there's a much broader definition; The act of improving rank/score against little to no opposition.

In that context the LW arenas are actually better for milking kills through hoarding, cherry picking, vulching, spawn-camping and attacking (bombing) vehicles.  I view all of these activities as forms of milking, you're just milking kills, not toolsheds.

Buff milking is just as easy in the LW arenas as the EW and MW arenas.  All you need is a set of AR234's or the patience to take the heavies up high.

The only real advantage the EW/MW players have relative to improving score is in field captures and possibly the general level of competition in fighters.  I'm not saying there's not good pilots in EW/MW, only that some there who would appear good through their stats really aren't as good as they appear, and this seems to me to be in higher proportion than in the LWA's.

bah ... LW milkers come to MW/EW to milk strat targets (without opposition) to bring their bombers and attack scores up. Throw in a few M3 and C-47 captures at the many undefended bases in EW/MW and you are now "L337" cause your rank is the shiznit.

The "milkers" are very easy to find in those arenas ... they will be the ones (4 or 5 of them) taking bases from the country that has only 1 or 2 pilots.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #182 on: July 17, 2007, 12:34:16 PM »
Originally posted by Oldman731
It isn't me you insulted, Falc.

The greater point is this:  What we do in real life has nothing to do - at all - with our view of AH, its problems, its great points.  We're all equal here.  If you're a doctor and Storch sells Amway, that has no impact on whether it's better to fly in big groups, or dive from high altitudes, or work to reset the map.  AW, and now AH, are ageless and vocationless (what a lousy term).  I wish we had the old AW4Win screen back again, that showed the young and old, the wise and stupid, all together.  Real World occupations have no bearing here.  It's very important - very important - that we all remember this.

- oldman

while i agree with your concept oldman...to pretend one can insult all they want as storch does (call names, taunt, morph names into insulting ones, flat out lie) as long as he doesnt use a real world issue is naive...

i find it disappointing oldman that you didnt choose to chastise storch over the last 6 months while he has had a nonstop bashing of myself and our squad which continues every day/night on bbs/ch 200...is my enjoyment of the game somehow unimportant to you and others who wish to set the boundaries of what is a cool insult or not????

i find it hypocritical and suggests that you find "virtual' insults acceptable while any mention of real life is unacceptable....

i meanwhile stick with the facts and i have not lied or made anything up...that i find his ilk of people deceptive is only consistent with his behaviors amongst the community...

Unlike you, i DO believe that people do not not invent brand new personaes when they get a cpid...that they are who they are...and the personae of the cpid is just an extension of who/what they really are...

I think it is REALLY REALLY important that we conduct ourselves as we would if the person is standing righti n front of you...and i have not strayed from that idea....what i typed to storch i would say to his face...i have tolerated his immaturity long enough...i think i let him go 3 bashing posts in this thread before i had enough...i hope what i said cut to the bone and it makes him rethink his pathetic behaviors...
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #183 on: July 17, 2007, 12:44:33 PM »
Oldman, the BoP's aren't the only squad he's tried to insult publicly.  

FWIW, what WE DO FOR A LIVING impacts the game, if it didn't, we wouldn't be having this discussion.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 12:49:02 PM by Masherbrum »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #184 on: July 17, 2007, 01:08:29 PM »
The key to the kingdom of course is to NOT react to folks taunting.  They tend to move on if they can't get a reaction.

Who cares what they say.  If you know it's not true, it just doesn't matter :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #185 on: July 17, 2007, 01:10:31 PM »
Originally posted by Guppy35
The key to the kingdom of course is to NOT react to folks taunting.  They tend to move on if they can't get a reaction.

I can move on "easy" if it's directed at me, but invlove my squad in something they should be involved in, I cannot.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #186 on: July 17, 2007, 01:11:46 PM »

Good theory, let's test it.

P-38s are gilz planes!

Richard Simmons has two tails.

Guppy's been tuggin the yoke......................... .;)

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #187 on: July 17, 2007, 01:13:18 PM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum
I can move on "easy" if it's directed at me, but invlove my squad in something they should be involved in, I cannot.

I kinda figure the 80th guys are grown up enough to handle it.  We're a bunch of SAPPs and Dweebs anyway.  How much worse could we be? :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #188 on: July 17, 2007, 01:13:55 PM »
Originally posted by Shifty
Good theory, let's test it.

P-38s are gilz planes!

Richard Simmons has two tails.

Guppy's been tuggin the yoke......................... .;)

Still waiting for the insults............:)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #189 on: July 17, 2007, 01:15:19 PM »
I kinda figure the 80th guys are grown up enough to handle it.  We're a bunch of SAPPs and Dweebs anyway.  How much worse could we be? :)
But, I dropped it and "the 50 year old" continued.    Seems like this 34 year old CAN handle it.    But it's funny watching the maturity level sink below me, from those who are older than myself.  :aok
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #190 on: July 17, 2007, 01:16:35 PM »
But, I dropped it and "the 50 year old" continued.    Seems like this 34 year old CAN handle it.    But it's funny watching the maturity level sink below me, from those who are older than myself.  :aok

And of course everyone listening knew who was being the idiot, and it wasn't you :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #191 on: July 17, 2007, 01:17:14 PM »

Still waiting for the insults............:)

Not bad. :aok

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #192 on: July 17, 2007, 01:25:04 PM »
And of course everyone listening knew who was being the idiot, and it wasn't you :)
Exactly, which was my point all along.   :D    I just wanted to make that point clear is all.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #193 on: July 17, 2007, 01:25:50 PM »
Originally posted by Shifty
Not bad. :aok
Throw Corky a curveball next week.   He'll nibble.  :noid
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #194 on: July 17, 2007, 01:36:22 PM »
Throw Corky a curveball next week.   He'll nibble.  :noid

This could be a new hobby.:D