Author Topic: Bring Back The MA  (Read 8475 times)

Offline The Fury

• Silver Member
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2007, 10:15:36 AM »
Ya i support this too :aok
The Few
England    www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
The Few  (Tour 77)                                                                                            Currently Flying as Fury

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2007, 10:24:42 AM »
I much preferred our old single MA and our older larger terrains even when certain squads were steam rolling.  Wasn't like the hoarding or steam rolls were every 5 minutes or even every day.  There seemed to be lots to do at any given point.

The guys that didn't like it or were verbal about it, were the guys that played for 20 minutes to a hour a night.  Moans about "no fights" were common but only because it was to much trouble for these guys to actually spend 10 mins getting to an enemy base.  THEY never THOUGHT of or more to the point PROMOTED side switching back then :rolleyes:  

I'm indifferent to side switchers so long as they don't hinder the side they switched from i.e cv position or engaging a know NOE raid.

Then we get to HTC side of the point. Why it was actually split. Obviously he wants to increase the player base which in turn increases revenue.  I don't blame him for that.  He has an outstanding business and I hope his endeavors are fruitful but it's close to a year now with the split.  Close to or maybe even longer with the USA TV advert campaign.  I have yet to see 1,000 players.  There hasn't been a significant increase in players.  Then again I don't have the true figures and I'm not asking for them.  It's just that we witnessed some leave and some come back.  We see newbies arrive daily and leave daily.  Some do indeed stay put the vast majority bail even before it's time to cough up the money.  Maybe a tutorial or step by step pass ya wings things would be more customer catching than a "bling TV advert".....who knows.

So we're here doing our thing with same old small maps, with the same old problem of arena caps, with the same old ENY (counter to what it was supposed to do) problem when there's a sniff of a reset and all this without any, that I have witnessed to, SIGNIFICANT player number increase.  We seem to hovering around the 800-ish mark at peak times.

We did see a reduction in puffy ack.  As a puffy ack magnets I welcomed that.  Then we got more field ack which in turn almost guarantees a "Hoard" attack which was / is frowned upon.  Then we got new style terrain which I also welcomed but it probably has sealed the fate of the older larger terrains.  They would all have to be re-done I guess.

The only thing for sure is this.  If it makes sense it won't happen.  If you so much as put it to print it won't happen.

Us "bread and butter" subscribers us long standing players don't need to be listened to, as much as being given a bleeding medal:D
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 10:33:39 AM by LYNX »

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2007, 11:44:20 AM »
:aok :aok :aok

Offline Connery

• Nickel Member
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2007, 12:48:10 PM »
Bring back the old MA - One MA where everyone can just gangbang the hell out of each other!!!

Never struggled to find a fight with the old setup  :/

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2007, 01:10:28 PM »
:aok
Jagdgeschwader 77

"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm."  - George Orwell
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2007, 01:14:07 PM »
Originally posted by LYNX
I much preferred our old single MA and our older larger terrains even when certain squads were steam rolling.  Wasn't like the hoarding or steam rolls were every 5 minutes or even every day.  There seemed to be lots to do at any given point.

The guys that didn't like it or were verbal about it, were the guys that played for 20 minutes to a hour a night.  Moans about "no fights" were common but only because it was to much trouble for these guys to actually spend 10 mins getting to an enemy base.  THEY never THOUGHT of or more to the point PROMOTED side switching back then :rolleyes:  

I'm indifferent to side switchers so long as they don't hinder the side they switched from i.e cv position or engaging a know NOE raid.

Then we get to HTC side of the point. Why it was actually split. Obviously he wants to increase the player base which in turn increases revenue.  I don't blame him for that.  He has an outstanding business and I hope his endeavors are fruitful but it's close to a year now with the split.  Close to or maybe even longer with the USA TV advert campaign.  I have yet to see 1,000 players.  There hasn't been a significant increase in players.  Then again I don't have the true figures and I'm not asking for them.  It's just that we witnessed some leave and some come back.  We see newbies arrive daily and leave daily.  Some do indeed stay put the vast majority bail even before it's time to cough up the money.  Maybe a tutorial or step by step pass ya wings things would be more customer catching than a "bling TV advert".....who knows.

So we're here doing our thing with same old small maps, with the same old problem of arena caps, with the same old ENY (counter to what it was supposed to do) problem when there's a sniff of a reset and all this without any, that I have witnessed to, SIGNIFICANT player number increase.  We seem to hovering around the 800-ish mark at peak times.

We did see a reduction in puffy ack.  As a puffy ack magnets I welcomed that.  Then we got more field ack which in turn almost guarantees a "Hoard" attack which was / is frowned upon.  Then we got new style terrain which I also welcomed but it probably has sealed the fate of the older larger terrains.  They would all have to be re-done I guess.

The only thing for sure is this.  If it makes sense it won't happen.  If you so much as put it to print it won't happen.

Us "bread and butter" subscribers us long standing players don't need to be listened to, as much as being given a bleeding medal:D

As eloquent, accurate and poignant a post as I've ever seen.:aok
Jagdgeschwader 77

"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm."  - George Orwell
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline Yknurd

• Silver Member
      • Satan Is Cool...Tell Your Friends
Re: Re: Re: Bring Back The MA
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2007, 01:49:42 PM »
Originally posted by HaDeSs
Suppose you old drunky.

The answer is Yes Bring Back MA.

And let the crying sissys who cant survive in MA fly in EW.

Let MA players fly in their MA, and let EW players flying in their too.

So all will be satisfied.  

Orange and blue separation is a fatal mistake who must be corrected.
The only profit is angry players (with no time) who wait to play
or they dont wait and go for ever.

They must mixed in one MA.
Only this one correction will fix everything.

Disable MW arena and mix Blue and Orange in the new MA.

Easy thing, and all will be satisfied because all have what they want.

If someone is not satisfied its only because he dont look his own bussines
but he wants to affect my way of play and fly,
and thats because he cant accept that he suck.

HadesEE  Hades55  HaDeSs

Your parents really shouldn't let you play on the internet.
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2007, 01:52:16 PM »
hate to be a party pooper, but i really dont see why we should change it back.

the only people who have been affected for the worse are those who play for rank, it seems.

S!
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Irwink!

• Nickel Member
      • http://msn.com
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2007, 02:05:11 PM »
HTC profits are the determining factor in doing anything. It is a commercial enterprise I believe. If the company's healthy with profits on the rise then they're on the right track business wise. If not, time for a change. Whichever way it is going in that sense only they know best. I preferred the "old days" too and play far less often these days. But I'm only one subscriber and I still maintain my subscription. I'd like to see the MA back too but business is business.

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2007, 02:19:13 PM »
Originally posted by B@tfinkV
hate to be a party pooper, but i really dont see why we should change it back.

the only people who have been affected for the worse are those who play for rank, it seems.

S!

Bollocks comes to mind when I think of your line for those most affected.

You have your opinion of rank it seems but if you are playing for rank it's a paradise now.  So many arenas and some of them near empty it's paradise for repeated stuka runs, repeated GV runs, near unhindered field captures in C47 and M3's.  If you have the time for damage sortie even strat bashing in Lancs or perhaps a quick change of sides to stuka your old CV.  

Big hairy gonads mate.  If you like the split set up fine.  State why you do.  Don't try and insinuate with FALSE propaganda it's rank players whinging on.

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2007, 02:22:41 PM »
Originally posted by Irwink!
HTC profits are the determining factor in doing anything. It is a commercial enterprise I believe. If the company's healthy with profits on the rise then they're on the right track business wise. If not, time for a change. Whichever way it is going in that sense only they know best. I preferred the "old days" too and play far less often these days. But I'm only one subscriber and I still maintain my subscription. I'd like to see the MA back too but business is business.

Can't resist the pun.....thats the bottom line of it.

Offline Patches1

• Nickel Member
It isn't the Maps....
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2007, 03:02:23 PM »
It is interpersonal relationships...go figure.

Furballers don't care about the "eye-candy"...do they?

Nor do the Bomber Pilots...do they?

And JABO pilots are simply hoping that others in their Country will
appreciate the returns that their efforts afford.

GVers...like "eye candy"...until they can't see and wonder how they got killed.

It's not Maps, Folks....

It's about us, and how we interact.

"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem."- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, General, USMC

Offline Yknurd

• Silver Member
      • Satan Is Cool...Tell Your Friends
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2007, 03:42:56 PM »
I think this whine jumped ahead of other whines that were normally scheduled.

I think the HO shot is scheduled next followed by the L-gay whine which is to be followed by the map rotation whine.

THEN it's time for the 'Bring Back the MA' whine.
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2007, 04:32:42 PM »
dunno.  

i was paying for it one way and ENY kicked in without any real notice.  and i was suddenly given something different.  but i kept paying because i liked the game and it seemed like a small thing.

then, i was paying for a game with one main arena and one day it changed again without  notice and i found that i had paid for 4 arenas instead, but i kept paying, even tho i suddenly wasnt getting what i had paid for when i subscribed because i had hope that it would get better.  

then one day i logged on and couldnt get onto the country that i wanted to because a new system was being tested.  once again, without any notice...and
i couldnt get on with my squad when i only had and hour to play.

and then one day the terrain turned into this dark combobulous murk for several weeks without any notice and...

i have kept paying.

wish the changes could be something like different terrains or maps or something...at least then it would be additive rather than subtractive.

now, i don't get to fly nearly as much as i would like, and when i do i find myself tired of finding new changes to what had been a good thing that happen again without any notice...and without and real sense or appearant concern about the general feeling that the community has with regards to the changes...

same small maps over and over.  no more fights to win wars.  squads broken up...gameplay changes.

the list goes on.

it's pretty disappointing and it's lost so much of it's luster for me because of it.

so i suppose that someday we will actually get the b-25 that we voted for in april...and someday we will get the TOD or CT or whatever it is that has been in developement since well before i came here.  maybe then all will be well and the clouds will part and we all see the light.

and maybe someday HTC will honor it's commitment when it takes my money and gives me what i paid for for the short periods that i paid for it...or at the very least give  a little notice before it starts throwing wrenches into the gears.

and maybe someday we will get a fix for the arenas...somehow.

but im not holding my breath anymore.

maybe i am really just losing interest.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 04:36:54 PM by JB88 »
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2007, 04:43:45 PM »
Originally posted by JB88
without any notice...and without and real sense or appearant concern about the general feeling that the community has with regards to the changes...

It's not clear that the general community has the same feeling as those who say they want the One True Arena back.  Most of the people who prefer the current setup probably aren't posting here.  And most of the people who play the game never post here.

- oldman