Author Topic: Pot heads support terrorism.  (Read 5264 times)

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
Pot heads support terrorism.
« Reply #75 on: July 16, 2007, 11:11:50 AM »
Originally posted by Bucky73
Ref: Spencer recovery center

There is a good reason why admission to rehabilitation facilities has doubled for marijuana addiction. The potency of the drug continues to get more powerful and studies show that teens can get a hold of marijuana often easier than alcohol. Even those who seek treatment for drugs that are perceived has "harder" like heroin or cocaine will often acknowledge that marijuana is their primary drug of choice.

Marijuana addiction has the same characteristics as any other addiction to other drugs including alcohol, tobacco or even caffeine. The frequent obsession with the drug, thinking about it all the time, where to get it, when to get it, is there enough, is it good enough, will I have the money for more are frequently asked questions. Another trait of marijuana addiction is the physical craving that comes when the body adapts to the drug and begins to develop a tolerance to it. Anyone who has been smoking marijuana for awhile can tell that they must smoke more now to feel the same effect that just a few hits used to produce. It's not about the quality of the weed, it's the bodies defense mechanism as it readjusts to keep balance with the frequent supply of new chemicals being delivered by the pot.

Consequences of marijuana addiction start to take toll when the user continues to use marijuana even in the event of health or social consequences. Memory and learning problems may be causing problems at work or even result in losing a job because of high absenteeism. Increasing isolation from friends and family often puts heavy strain on relationships with loved ones. There is a vicious cycle to marijuana addiction in which these problems are often used as a rational to smoke even more pot. A trap that many fall into is that the drug that is causing the problem becomes the solution to the problem it caused.

Being a recovering addict myself of harder drugs I have to say that makes me laugh, theres no way you can get addicted to pot, you ever heard of someone committing crimes to get money for pot...I haven't, or someone getting dt's from not smoking...i haven't.  I smoked pot when I was in my teen's for years and one day just decided I didn't feel like smoking it anymore so I stopped, tobacco is more addictive.  As for building a tolerance to it that will happen with anything, after a time the body will adapt to a substance, even caffeine, should it be illegal.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: July 16, 2007, 11:51:13 AM »

There is a good reason why admission to rehabilitation facilities has doubled for marijuana addiction. .

:rofl

There certainly is. If someone is stupid enough to give up there money for no reason there is always someone willing to take it. Recovery/rehabilitation centers with big names and impressive adds for everything from counting backwards to sheep lust. Build it and they will come. :)
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #77 on: July 16, 2007, 11:57:03 AM »
Originally posted by crockett
They are just embedding the enemy..Remember, you are either with us or against us.
You have got to be kidding me?    How old are you?
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Bucky73

• Silver Member
« Reply #78 on: July 16, 2007, 12:14:29 PM »
Originally posted by trax1
Being a recovering addict myself of harder drugs I have to say that makes me laugh, theres no way you can get addicted to pot, you ever heard of someone committing crimes to get money for pot...I haven't, or someone getting dt's from not smoking...i haven't.  I smoked pot when I was in my teen's for years and one day just decided I didn't feel like smoking it anymore so I stopped, tobacco is more addictive.  As for building a tolerance to it that will happen with anything, after a time the body will adapt to a substance, even caffeine, should it be illegal.

So, you didn't start with pot then??

I'm not saying that cigs or alch is less addictive....but, to claim pot is not addicting at all is just b.s.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #79 on: July 16, 2007, 12:17:55 PM »
Originally posted by trax1
I disagree.    But that is what makes the US a great place to live.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: July 16, 2007, 12:28:59 PM »

I'm not saying that cigs or alch is less addictive....but, to claim pot is not addicting at all is just b.s.

Ever smoked pot and then stopped? I have. It was as simple as saying, I would like to go for a walk now, and then doing it.

Ever smoked cigarettes and then stopped? I still smoke cigarettes and not by choice either.
Marijuana addiction has the same characteristics as any other addiction to other drugs including alcohol, tobacco or even caffeine. The frequent obsession with the drug, thinking about it all the time, where to get it, when to get it, is there enough, is it good enough, will I have the money for more are frequently asked questions. Another trait of marijuana addiction is the physical craving that comes when the body adapts to the drug and begins to develop a tolerance to it. Anyone who has been smoking marijuana for awhile can tell that they must smoke more now to feel the same effect that just a few hits used to produce. It's not about the quality of the weed, it's the bodies defense mechanism as it readjusts to keep balance with the frequent supply of new chemicals being delivered by the pot.

Everything in that quote applies to tobacco (cigarettes) and not one applies to pot. I smoked pot for years and it never took more that a few hits (unless the stuff was just junk.)
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: July 16, 2007, 12:29:11 PM »
some studies i have seen say there are no addictive substances only addictive prone persons.

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #82 on: July 16, 2007, 12:34:33 PM »

I think if you took a poll most people in this country smoked pot in high school, when I smoked pot I never did any hard drugs.  I'll admit when I did smoke pot I smoked alot, but I never felt any kind of dt's or a urge to smoke it, I felt more of an urge to smoke a cigarette.  When I was in rehab there was a girl there for pot addiction, you wanna know what they did for her, they put here on a opiate, now that was just insane.  I hadn't smoked pot for years when I started using hard drugs, so smoking pot wasn't what lead me to use harder drugs.  To say that pot is addictive is stupid, and if you've never smoked it you really can't give an opinion on it, just reading what some government propaganda report says isn't enough.  The government needs to concentrate more on fighting harder drugs then spending money and time fighting pot heads.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
« Reply #83 on: July 16, 2007, 12:35:40 PM »
TITLE 21 - FOOD AND DRUGS
CHAPTER 13 - DRUG ABUSE PREVENTION AND CONTROL

Part (b) Evaluation of drugs and other substances

In making such evaluation and recommendations, the Secretary shall consider the factors listed in paragraphs (2), (3), (6), (7), and (8) of subsection (c) of this section and any scientific or medical considerations involved in paragraphs (1), (4), and (5) of such subsection.

(c) Factors determinative of control or removal from schedules In making any finding under subsection (a) of this section or under subsection (b) of section 812 of this title, the Attorney General shall consider the following factors with respect to each drug or other substance proposed to be controlled or removed from the schedules:

(1) Its actual or relative potential for abuse.
Comment: Marijuana is very hard to abuse. Though one can abuse it it tends not to be fatal in any way. Food can be abused far more than marijuana.

(2) Scientific evidence of its pharmacological effect, if known.
Comment: Most known pharmacological effects are beneficial. The rub here is that the Feds restrict any legitimate research into the effects of pot.

(3) The state of current scientific knowledge regarding the drug or other substance.
Comment: As stated above, the Federal Government actively restricts any research into  to Marijuana. Effectively stifling any challenge to the status quo.

(4) Its history and current pattern of abuse.
Comment: Used mainly by young people and minorities at the time of passage of this act (1970).  Again, this raises the whole abuse issue.

(5) The scope, duration, and significance of abuse.
Comment: Negligible, most "pot heads" are fairly benign people. they don't have the ambition to rob a liquor store. Though they might steel a twinkie.

(6) What, if any, risk there is to the public health.
Comment: The greatest risk to public health is the crime associated with pot being illegal.

(7) Its psychic or physiological dependence liability.
Comment: There isn't one. Many people simply stop using it with no ill effects.

(8) Whether the substance is an immediate precursor of a substance already controlled under this subchapter.
Comment: It is not, there is no such thing as refined pot.

Using the above guidelines you could just as easily make toenail clipping a controlled substance. Also, by these criteria, why is alcohol still legal?

The whole point of the Controlled Substance act is that no new legislation needs to be passed to make a substance 'controlled". All one needs to do is get enough "grant hungry" researcher to give you the right findings.

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #84 on: July 16, 2007, 12:37:47 PM »
Originally posted by john9001
some studies i have seen say there are no addictive substances only addictive prone persons.

Now thats stupid, lemma tell ya when your a heroin user you defiantly know it's an addictive substance, when you don't have it you feel like your dying, you throw up, every muscle hurts, you can't sleep, you just feel like complete crap.  Now try and tell me how thats not an addictive substance?

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
« Reply #85 on: July 16, 2007, 12:38:23 PM »
good post bucky, but i still have to disagree.

many of these addicts are people, like i said, who have addictive personalities. there are a lot of weird addictions out there, and i'm talking real addictions, which have no phyical addictive agent in them. almost all addicts of anything are predisposed to it.

i'm 18, i've smoked for a few years. not in huge regular amounts, but as a recreational drug with friends, when we feel like it. i am in no way addicted or feel any connectinon to the drug, and i'm careful with how i use it. the first time i took hard skunk i had too much for a first time, and had strong paranoia, and lost much of my short term memory while talking to people for a few hours while i was high. it kinda scared me, so i didn't touch the stuff for a few months, i had nothing like addiction whatsoever, i didn't even think about weed for a month. at the same time though, i was perfectly happy lighting up again, it in no way changed my mind or perceptions.

i've tried my fair share being a teen, E, coke, LSD, but dope is the only one i really take. i don't like artificial. smoking anything has health risks, but i choose to smoke.

also, being an 18 yr old, i drink a fair amount, as you do. i'm a nice drunk, i'm happy, funny, and usually not too stupid. but i've overdone it, just like we all have, and you can get really stupid, and even really angry. alcohol is SO much more dangerous than weed. it's FAR more addictive (TBH, i've never heard of a PROPER weed addiction. perhaps some emotional dependance, but that's because the guys are freaks and need to see a shrink).

i have no history of any mental health issues in my family, or in me, and i seem to be just fine. my memory is good, i'm smart, healthy, play a lot of sports, i'm in good shape, and feel quite alive and alright. i have never noticed any adverse effects from weed apart from mild paranoia and very short term mild memory loss (for a few hours while high, and it's nothing major, you just tend to forget what you were going to say, and what the conversation was about), and this is only when i've taken too much, and usually only with strong skunk (we're talking white widow stuff here). a morning after can be groggy and a bit slowed down, especially if you were also drinking, but this passes by mid afternoon, and you are totally back to normal. the grogginess is nothing like a hangover, there is no sicky feeling, no headaches, nothing, just a slighty slower feeling, like you're tired. it passes quickly and there are no lasting aftereffects. i'd prefer a groggy come-down to a hangover anyday, it's not as nasty, and it doesn't last as long.

i've had my fair share of stuff, and i have always felt that weed was one of the healthiest and least addictive.

i don't know whether you have ever smoked, but without actually experiencing it, i can't help but feel your judgement cannot be entirely best informed.

as long as you are responsible with dope, it is a great drug. i personally see no reason for it to be illegal, and all those who do, have never touched, so how could they POSSIBLY know what they're talking about?

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #86 on: July 16, 2007, 12:39:11 PM »
Pot is/can be psychologically addicting, which in a large number of cases can be even harder to "quit" thank something that is physically addicting.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: July 16, 2007, 12:42:15 PM »
scene, two pot heads planing a robbery.

pot head 1:: "hey man, know what?"

pot head 2::"what man?'

pot head 1:: "hey man, we should go rob a 7/11"

pot head 2:: " ok, man, but maybe next week, i'm like into this cool music now"

pot head 1::" cool man.........hey, what were we talking about?"
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 12:44:16 PM by john9001 »

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
« Reply #88 on: July 16, 2007, 12:45:15 PM »
there are definitely some highly addictive drugs, addictive because of the chemicals in them. pot isn't one of them.

the ONLY way you could get addicted to pot is if you aren't of sound mind. and if that's so, you shouldn't try any drug, even alcohol or caffiene.

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
« Reply #89 on: July 16, 2007, 12:45:54 PM »
Originally posted by john9001
scene, two pot heads planing a robbery.

pot head 1:: "hey man, know what?"

pot head 2::"what man?'

pot head 1:: "hey man, we should go rob a 7/11"