Author Topic: Pot heads support terrorism.  (Read 5282 times)

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
Pot heads support terrorism.
« Reply #120 on: July 17, 2007, 01:22:16 AM »
Originally posted by Bucky73
I wonder if these idiots at Brown University know what they are talking about.:confused:

No one would argue that marijuana is as addictive as alcohol or cocaine. However, it's wrong to say that it is not at all addictive. More and more studies are finding that marijuana has addictive properties. Both animal and human studies show physical and psychological withdrawal symptoms from marijuana, including irritability, restlessness, insomnia, nausea and intense dreams. Tolerance to marijuana also builds up rapidly. Heavy users need 8 times higher doses to get the same effects as infrequent users.

For a small percentage of people who use it, marijuana can be highly addictive. It is estimated that 10% to 14% of users will become heavily dependent. More than 120,000 people in the US seek treatment for marijuana addiction every year. Because the consequences of marijuana use can be subtle and insidious, it is more difficult to recognize signs of addiction. Cultural and societal beliefs that marijuana cannot be addictive make it less likely for people to seek help or to get support for quitting.

>I could show you 100's of reports like this...

Maybe you should do some reading
:D

Ok as for those lab test on animals they give mice like 100 times the amount of THC then any user would ever use, as for it being physically addictive there is no way that you would get DT's from not smoking pot, a heavy user might psychological feel the urge to smoke if he stopped, but thats about it.  As for your body building up a tolerance to it, your body builds up a tolerance to any drug, including nicotine, alcohol, and caffeine, does that mean that anything you can build a tolerance to should be made illegal?  As for pot being called a gateway drug to using harder drugs, this  just isn't true ethier, in Amsterdam weed was made legal a few decades ago, since it has been legal there has been no significant increase in heroin or coke user.  Pot is one of the more harmless drugs you can use, there are legal drugs that are way more dangerous then pot, yet the government says they are ok.  If you wanna fight for something that will actually save more lives, fight to make tobacco or alcohol illegal, because those are some of this country's biggest killers.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #121 on: July 17, 2007, 02:20:02 AM »
Dam you mean all the Mary Jane, Hash, Acid I've done, the Meth, the Heroin, Ludes,  Seconal, Speed, Crank, Barbies, Uppers, Downers, Morphine and all the stuff I couldn't smoke, snort or shoot up my veins will make me a Loser?

Fooled me...

Mac

Of everything that I've ever done, I hate cigerettes the most.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 02:33:02 AM by AWMac »

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #122 on: July 17, 2007, 02:21:23 AM »
I smoked pot once, but I never exhaled.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #123 on: July 17, 2007, 04:11:26 AM »
I wonder if these idiots at Brown University know what they are talking about.:confused:

No one would argue that marijuana is as addictive as alcohol or cocaine. However, it's wrong to say that it is not at all addictive. More and more studies are finding that marijuana has addictive properties. Both animal and human studies show physical and psychological withdrawal symptoms from marijuana, including irritability, restlessness, insomnia, nausea and intense dreams. Tolerance to marijuana also builds up rapidly. Heavy users need 8 times higher doses to get the same effects as infrequent users.

For a small percentage of people who use it, marijuana can be highly addictive. It is estimated that 10% to 14% of users will become heavily dependent. More than 120,000 people in the US seek treatment for marijuana addiction every year. Because the consequences of marijuana use can be subtle and insidious, it is more difficult to recognize signs of addiction. Cultural and societal beliefs that marijuana cannot be addictive make it less likely for people to seek help or to get support for quitting.

>I could show you 100's of reports like this...

Maybe you should do some reading

Bucky, if you want to find information telling you that marijauna is addictive, you will find no shortage of idiots pretending to study "the effects of marijuana".  The real truth is, addiction is a condition of a psychological disorder!  Do you understand how many people would stand up and yell, "I was once a marijuana addict." just so they could get attention?  Weak links are weak links, no matter what they get obsessive about!  Most people I know that smoke pot, do so because they enjoy the relaxing feeling that it's affect has on them.  They would rather be getting along with their gf or wife, and spending quality time with people they love without constantly worrying about what some schmuck down the road has to say about the way they live!  It is a way of life, not some social health problem.  There are far worse "real" problems that society(and humanity) faces that should be brought to the forefront of discussion, rather than whether or not Joe Schmo had a joint after dinner before he watched the game!  Damn, many pot smokers actually start smiling after they hit the blunt.  Have you studied the health benefits of smiling?????:aok

Mark

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
« Reply #124 on: July 17, 2007, 04:26:09 AM »
:rolleyes:
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets
I could strike down 1,000 bulletin board accounts in 5 seconds.
You want ownage, I'll give you ownage! -Skuzzy
I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #125 on: July 17, 2007, 05:05:53 AM »
yay! a couple of times a year i sponsor terrorists then i suppose.

Does that mean i can be sent to cuba? With the weather we are having these days abit of sun would be great :)

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #126 on: July 17, 2007, 05:22:56 AM »
I just gave Osama $40.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #127 on: July 17, 2007, 05:36:31 AM »
You are teh evil terrorist supporter rpm. shame on you! :mad:

Offline VOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #128 on: July 17, 2007, 07:06:30 AM »
Originally posted by Major Biggles
banning a substance that 99% of people use responsibly and enjoy, because of the 1% of loons is stupid.

I would say that's true across the board, not just related to chemical substances. Wouldn't you agree?

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #129 on: July 17, 2007, 08:14:45 AM »
trax.  I have been a drug addict myself and I can't understand what you are talking about..  If heroin were free to anyone who was 18 I still wouldn't do it... neither would anyone I know.   The people who would do it will do it even if it is  $500 a gram.

They will simply steal to get it.   You yourself admitted that.   So what is wrong with letting the addicts have it for cost?

You guys who want to tax it... regulate it.. you are just continueing the war on drugs.. if the tax is high enough then the crime will continue.

drug addicts are pretty much useless.   they don't support themselves much less their habit (their are exceptions of course) even if they do... eventually they slip into worthlessness.  

give the drugs away...  no one who doesn't do drugs now will do em if they are free or cheap.   once it is out in the open people can see how messed up addicts really are.  the example will be good to see.

lazs

Offline stockli

• Copper Member
« Reply #130 on: July 17, 2007, 11:26:30 AM »
Just so you know.

Pot wont be legalized on the federal level until Abbot, Pharmacia, Bayer, Merk and Eli Lily start growing, packaging and marketing it.

Then as if by magic thousands of clinical test will come out on its proven medical uses.

Then doctors will prescribe it for everything from earaches to hangnails.

Your script card will work at any pharmacy for it.  It will cost about $300 for a 10 day supply, but you will only have to pay your $10 co- pay.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #131 on: July 17, 2007, 12:36:01 PM »
Originally posted by stockli
Just so you know.

Pot wont be legalized on the federal level until Abbot, Pharmacia, Bayer, Merk and Eli Lily start growing, packaging and marketing it.

Then as if by magic thousands of clinical test will come out on its proven medical uses.

Your script card will work at any pharmacy for it.  It will cost about $300 for a 10 day supply, but you will only have to pay your $10 co- pay.

Basically, Docness just hit the nail on the head!  I wonder what the link between pharmacutical makers and the war on drugs would look like, and the history of any found links? :noid

Mark

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline x0847Marine

• Silver Member
« Reply #132 on: July 17, 2007, 01:21:37 PM »
this guys is just baked....and it isn't from tylenol:D

Do you know any side effects of Tylenol? One biggie after prolonged use is liver damage , which causes weakness and lack of energy. Or diminished motor skills.

You're assuming weed is the cause while looking past legal drugs that can cause the same symptoms..

Offline x0847Marine

• Silver Member
« Reply #133 on: July 17, 2007, 01:37:16 PM »
Originally posted by stockli
Just so you know.

Thats one way it could come about... but I think eventually "the people" will vote medical weed legal via ballot measures in enough states that will force a change in Fed laws. It's about that time the Pharmacy peeps will suddenly discover a million & 1 uses for this new amazing plant that grows anywhere for pennies on the dollar.

If pot users support terrorists; 12 states now support terrorism... and need Fed troops to invade and restore order.

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #134 on: July 17, 2007, 01:38:11 PM »
It is estimated that 10% to 14% of users will become heavily dependent.

What in your expert opinion is heavily dependant?
**JOKER'S JOKERS**