Author Topic: Ding Dong, The Witch is Dead!  (Read 1044 times)

Offline McFarland

• Nickel Member
Ding Dong, The Witch is Dead!
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2007, 02:56:44 PM »
I don't see how, as there is nothing wrong with drinking alchohol. I'm a Southern Baptist, my family's southern Baptist, and we drink sometimes. So yes, Baptists will drink in the presence of another Baptist. We are not hypocritical, some are, but most of us are not.

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2007, 03:13:59 PM »
Originally posted by McFarland
I don't see how, as there is nothing wrong with drinking alchohol. I'm a Southern Baptist, my family's southern Baptist, and we drink sometimes. So yes, Baptists will drink in the presence of another Baptist. We are not hypocritical, some are, but most of us are not.

alchohol... hic  alkohol... hic... shine.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline McFarland

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2007, 03:26:28 PM »
There is nothing wrong with moonshine. The government just wants us to think there is. It has been proven that a lot of the old home remedies worked, better than some modern medicines. The only rememdies that I've found that don't work are the ones for snake and spider bites. It has even been proven that drinking a glass of red wine every day will help your liver. (I think it's liver, it may be kidneys, been a few years since I seen a doc.) As long as you don't drink too much, alchohol is less dangerous than tobacco. But I beleive that this topic is about someone dying, not shine. It is a sorrow whenever someone dies in the way that she did.

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2007, 03:41:47 PM »
There is nothing wrong with moonshine.   The government just wants us to think there is. It has been proven that a lot of the old home remedies worked, better than some modern medicines. The only rememdies that I've found that don't work are the ones for snake and spider bites. It has even been proven that drinking a glass of red wine every day will help your liver. (I think it's liver, it may be kidneys, been a few years since I seen a doc.) As long as you don't drink too much, alchohol is less dangerous than tobacco. But I beleive that this topic is about someone dying, not shine. It is a sorrow whenever someone dies in the way that she did.

unless it effects your spelling or sense of humor.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline McFarland

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2007, 03:47:26 PM »
I'm not drinking at the moment, and I have always spelled alcohol "alchohol".

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2007, 03:48:06 PM »
I'm not drinking at the moment, and I have always spelled alcohol "alchohol".

you didn't just then...

Offline McFarland

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2007, 03:50:05 PM »
I spelled it the "correct" way. I've always seen it written "alchohol", and I've always wrote it that way. I found the correct spelling with google.

Offline AquaShrimp

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2007, 03:52:41 PM »
It has even been proven that drinking a glass of red wine every day will help your liver.

Lol McFarland you need to go on a comedy tour!  Alcohol is toxic, and produces toxic by-products.  It is not beneficial.  Some types of wine do contain anti-oxidants and chemicals, which can be found in plain grapejuice in 2x or 3x the concentration.

I was raised Southern Baptist, and no, you are not allowed to drink.  Why?  Because it can lead to other things.  And because your body is a temple.  Thats why dancing is not allowed either.

Offline McFarland

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2007, 04:21:14 PM »
Well, that's odd. Around here, Southern Baptists, Baptists, and Methodists alike drink and dance. Drinking doesn't lead to other things if you are carefull. But alcohol doesn't hurt you in small quantities. I know people that lived to be in their 80s and 90s that drank a cup or two of shine everyday. Alcohol will only affect you if you drink too much. Just like anything else.

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2007, 04:54:29 PM »
Although pitifully brave in her last TV interview, Tammy proclaiming her imminent arrival in Heaven recalls the cartoon of the mouse giving the finger to a swooping owl while holding a mallet behind its back, captioned, That's Confidence!
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)
Paramedic to Perkaholics Anonymous

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
Re: Ding Dong, The Witch is Dead!
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2007, 06:47:44 PM »
Originally posted by Yknurd
See Rule #5

This witch??

« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 03:30:52 PM by Skuzzy »
Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2007, 11:50:48 PM »
I saw her the other night on Larry King and couldnt believe what I saw. I knew it wouldnt be long. No sense in rejoicing over it though.

~AoM~

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2007, 12:05:45 PM »
I spelled it the "correct" way. I've always seen it written "alchohol", and I've always wrote it that way. I found the correct spelling with google.

Google:

Results 1 - 10 of about 1,100,000 for alchohol
Did you mean: alcohol  

Results 1 - 10 of about 143,000,000 for alcohol

When Google tells you, “Did you mean “XYZ” and the results are 130 times as common, you probably have the wrong, or maybe a very odd, spelling.  Or, maybe that’s just how leprechauns have always spelled it.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2007, 02:04:33 PM »
For those of us with a short attention span, whatdidshedieof?

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2007, 04:30:48 PM »

Admin/Mod: 1  -  Drunky: 0

:rofl

...Oh wait, did I break a rule too?   :noid
Hitting trees since tour 78