Author Topic: Disband the Knights  (Read 4012 times)

storch

Disband the Knights
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2007, 11:40:36 AM »
Originally posted by dedalos
No fair Storch.  Thats like using WMDs :furious
you ain't kidding

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
Disband the Knights
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2007, 11:47:45 AM »
Originally posted by Nimrod45

Should using the Spit 16, the F4U-4, the Niki, the Tempast, or any of the other more capable planes embarrassing.

Yes, I'd be embarrassed to fly any of those planes as well. They are all planes for guys trying to milk run the stats and land lots of kills, as they say ez mode flying.

I say get some skill land 5 or 6 kills in a P47,a 110 or a Yak or any of the other less capable planes.. Then yea get a little respect and some props. Any of the planes you listed when flown by a good stick, is nothing more than milk running for kills. Out of any of them I'll only fly an LA and that's only for base defense, even then I feel dweeby inside.
"strafing"

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
Disband the Knights
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2007, 11:51:51 AM »
Originally posted by manurin
they're less effective than France

....But most probably more effective than northern Illinois. :D

AND, defininately more effective than the Philadelphia Eagles.

Fly Eagles Fly.

Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Disband the Knights
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2007, 12:07:03 PM »
Lessee,

We could disband the Bishop country and make them all knights. Yeah, that's it. Why have bish when you could be a knit? Or how about we disband the Rooks and make them all knits? Yeah, cool. Not a bad idea, right? Get my drift?

Ref Laffies, if you see lots of them up get in one yerself and go teach em how to fly them. Wait, do You know how to fly one? Hmmmm, why is this all so confusing? Chogs, tempies....do the same whats the big deal? I think I'm beginning to understand that folks hate those planes that shoot them down. Get in one and find out why iso asking for them to be banned, perked or anything else. No one has ever told you not to fly any plane available. Opps, well maybe with eny they have. That being said, fly what you want. Do what you can in what you fly and have fun doing it. Listening to other people ranting about it only means you must be doing a good job of shooting them down. :)

Ren

Offline Tiger

• Nickel Member
Disband the Knights
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2007, 12:08:56 PM »
Why don't we disband the Rooks?  Or atleast limit them to 25k alt?

Or disband the the Bish or eliminate the hoard?

Or how about we just get rid of the chess pieces and go back to A B C?

Or we can just name the teams like everyone thinks they should be:  Dweebs, Gangers, Astronauts

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
Re: Disband the Knights
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2007, 12:11:43 PM »
Originally posted by AAolds
There is no point in the Knights having their own country--they're less effective than France.  They constantly team up with the Bishops anyways--by disbanding their side they can join the Bishops and get it over with.  The Knights are usually the cause for the rest of us having to put up with ENY due to their constant low numbers--which stems from an overall lack of teamwork.  

There are some great squads and individals on the Knights, but sadly they are outnumbered by knuckleheads and malcontents who cant work together if their collective lives depended on it.  

As an example, tonight on the TT map, the knits were once again backed into the corner, this time by the Bish but who did the knit-wits team up with....the Bishops.....again  :rofl

A benefit of disbanding the knits, we could use AvA maps in the MA and have true head to head battles where one side has to completely crush the other, rather than this having to capture 40% of each sides bases.  Heck, by doing this uncapturable bases could be done away with too as well as ENY.

IN-teresting, i would like to see this trialed

Offline Sadist

• Zinc Member
Disband the Knights
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2007, 12:30:20 PM »
This is just to funny :rofl

I remember back about 2 or 3 years ago when i played that these same whining posts were all over the boards.

the sides change at verious times, sometimes Rooks rule with numbers, other times Knights and even Bishops at times.

to end this they need to stop the ability to change sides for 30 days at a time.

No one wants to appear to be on losing side or be out numbered.

But it raises skill levels to be sure.

Just give it a bit of time then the rookies will be complaining about lack of numbers.

if one side always has dominant numbers then the wise thing to do is Ally up against it.:aok

Besides I always thought games were played for fun,

When it quits being fun maybe it's time for you to move to something else for awhile eh?

anyway this thread is same as always has been, this is nothing new
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 12:34:58 PM by Sadist »
Sadist

The Player You Are.
The Smoker You Get

Offline Nimrod45

• Copper Member
Disband the Knights
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2007, 12:46:19 PM »
Posted by Crockett.

Yes, I'd be embarrassed to fly any of those planes as well. They are all planes for guys trying to milk run the stats and land lots of kills, as they say ez mode flying.

I say get some skill land 5 or 6 kills in a P47,a 110 or a Yak or any of the other less capable planes.. Then yea get a little respect and some props. Any of the planes you listed when flown by a good stick, is nothing more than milk running for kills. Out of any of them I'll only fly an LA and that's only for base defense, even then I feel dweeby inside.

Yep landing 5 or six kills zooming and booming in a P-47 with 8 .50cal guns and an armory full of ammo is real impressive, heck you don't even have to pray when you spray.  Pot shot here pot shot there, couple lucky shots and you got your kills.
The difference between a Yak and a LA-7, very little, just there armament, same number of guns different size, the difference between those two boils down to preference.  Yak= Extremely capable plane.  If you choose to fly a less capable plane suck your lower lip back in when you get shot down.  Of course if the fight is between a 47 and a LA-7 all things being equal when you start the LA has a better chance, but it isn't unfair.  If you like the P-40B should you cry about people using P-47s, no you should suck it up a deal with your decision.

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
Disband the Knights
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2007, 12:49:27 PM »

The difference between a Yak and a LA-7, very little, just there armament, same number of guns different size, the difference between those two boils down to preference.  Yak= Extremely capable plane.  If you choose to fly a less capable plane suck your lower lip back in when you get shot down.  Of course if the fight is between a 47 and a LA-7 all things being equal when you start the LA has a better chance, but it isn't unfair.  If you like the P-40B should you cry about people using P-47s, no you should suck it up a deal with your decision.

LALA seat must be comfier for mr.shade than that of the YAK or he wouldn't have such a biased summary.

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Disband the Knights
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2007, 12:53:02 PM »
Originally posted by Sadist

to end this they need to stop the ability to change sides for 30 days at a time.

No one wants to appear to be on losing side or be out numbered.

Actually, you do away with the premis of moving country to country to even sides.

Also, many folks don't care at all about appearing to be on losing side. Especcially when they change to that side and don't lose.

Many people move to the short bus, errr short sided country to get more fights.  Ergo, less people on your side = more targets coming at you.  It's almost like saying, why would anyone want to be a bishop? They only hit a field with a minumum of 2x the number of oppsing players at that field. While they may figure there's strength in numbers, which means they don't have to learn much about flying and why you see such a large number of HOr's coming from them, the opposing country see lots of poor pilots coming at them and usually kill 3+ to each time they themselves die. And for the most part the only reason they died was they were willng to mix it up against large odds. You can say this about almost any country. However, the bish are past masters at ganging. The one positive note is ganging usually results in more uppers from both sides which leads to a huge furball. Those can be lotsa fun!!! :)

This is not a comdemnation of a country more so than a lack of flying skills which leads folks to flock together as there is safety in numbers. It's very rare to find a guy with less than a year of flying under his belt who will do a 1v1 with you. If he even gets a hint that he might die he's off to the races. Or, the fights over in a few seconds and he just learaned that's a bad idea...back to the flock. Ya know, the flocking together is kinda like a school of fish...yeah, FISH! The hunter makes a pass and gets one fish while the rest give a sigh of relief until the next pass. I guess they think the hunter will get someone else. You also see it when 10 bish end up on the six of some poor dude who was in a good fight, low. Imagine 10 guys, falling over themselves for that one itty, bitty kill. :lol

Back to Laffies! No matter what country you are in, hit alt-i and take a look at all those guys around you and see what they are flying. You'll be amazed at the number of laffie, spit16, tempie guys in the air around you. :)

Ren

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
Disband the Knights
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2007, 01:41:53 PM »
Originally posted by crockett

I'll tell ya what...  I respect a guy who tries.  I don't care in the slightest sense what plane he's trying in.

If I run into a guy who's really trying in an La7, it's a good, fun fight.  If I run into a guy who's not trying in an La7, it's a boring waste of my time.

The same applies to every single plane in the set.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Disband the Knights
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2007, 01:46:26 PM »
Originally posted by crockett

You should be embarrassed that you are embarrassed to fly one of those planes.  You probably are, aren't you?  You know that you would not last any longer in those but then the excuse would be gone.

So, what do I do?  I get in a P40 and get BnZed for days it seems by 190s and 51s until someone connects on a HO shot.  I get in a lala so I can force people to fight and I am a dweeb.  Could you please select the right plane for me sir and let me know what I should be flying so I could get your respect?
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Nimrod45

• Copper Member
Disband the Knights
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2007, 02:00:18 PM »
Posted by Laurie

LALA seat must be comfier for mr.shade than that of the YAK or he wouldn't have such a biased summary.

WHAT ARE YOU GETTING AT

Posted by Dedalos.

You should be embarrassed that you are embarrassed to fly one of those planes. You probably are, aren't you? You know that you would not last any longer in those but then the excuse would be gone.

So, what do I do? I get in a P40 and get BnZed for days it seems by 190s and 51s until someone connects on a HO shot. I get in a lala so I can force people to fight and I am a dweeb. Could you please select the right plane for me sir and let me know what I should be flying so I could get your respect?

AMEN.

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
Disband the Knights
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2007, 02:02:50 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
LOL@AAolds.  THis from a guy that rants about the evils of the "dweeb lgay7" even though he regularly flies the plane.    I thought all the squeakers had started school by now.

ack-ack

:rofl :rofl :rofl

i think Ack-Ack made AAold cry has not posted a thing after what you and i said.

:rofl :rofl :rofl
Tour 79
Callsign: VansCrew

"The Ringer"

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
Disband the Knights
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2007, 02:34:28 PM »
Posted by Crockett.

Yep landing 5 or six kills zooming and booming in a P-47 with 8 .50cal guns and an armory full of ammo is real impressive, heck you don't even have to pray when you spray.  Pot shot here pot shot there, couple lucky shots and you got your kills.

Yak is a extremely capable plane, you are right, but it's very limited on ammo. So it does take much more skill to land 5 or 6 kills in a yak vs a spit 16 or a LA7, because you have to have to be a good aim and conserve your ammo.

Oh and I'm not crying about anything. I'm just stating a fact that good sticks that fly those planes are flying in EZ mode and they know it. All I'm saying is once you are good enough, take the training wheels off..

Personally I tend to pick a different plane each tour to learn the only plane I've picked with a ENY less than 20 so far was the 110C-4b. Last month I picked that plane and pulled off almost 600 kills in it. I died a lot but I also managed to keep a 1.7 kill/death ratio, which I think it pretty damn good for that plane.

I did some high alt flying but I also mixed it up in furballs probably a majorty of the time. In fact the top two planes I killed while flying the 110 were the Nikki and the LA7. Should a 110C-4b beat a LA7 or a Nikki in most cases? Probably not, but that's mainly because so many noobs fly those planes.

Hell I don't even consider my self that good of a stick, I figure I'm about average. However I don't dweeb around in a easy ride, just so I can land a bunch of kills. I fly for a challenge not high fives because I can land 10 kills in a spit16.

For a vet to fly those planes on a regular basis, it's like playing playing Pac Man on Novice. So that's all I'm saying if you are a noob sure fly the easy rides, but if you are a good stick, take a challenge and fly something that's a bit harder to fly. Don't be such a dweeb and quit relying on training wheels.
"strafing"