Author Topic: Running  (Read 9187 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Running
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2007, 02:01:50 PM »
Originally posted by B@tfinkV

2)If its a spit16 and s/he is definitely trying to turn fight you and then loses and runs away, then thats a 'run tard'. s/he was trying to fight you with angles and turn fighting manouvers but realised s/he was outclassed, and then ran through a lack of confidence in thier own ability.

I do get called names for similar behaviour sometimes, but people often ignore the overall situation in MA. I'm not very eager to continue a dance I can't bring to a quick  conclusion if I see several enemy cons appearing. No reason to assume they will stay out...
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Running
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2007, 02:05:51 PM »
Originally posted by WaRLoCkL
Dont listen to this retard, hes one of the ones that wants to fight HIS fight they they were talking about. The whole point to winning a dogfight is to control the fight and make him do what u want him to do. So of coarse people are going to get ill when u wont do what they want u to do and then die.

That is where vulch tard, hoer, and runner all come into play, Fact is it is a 3d world and anything can happen.

Fight your own fight, remember dead men really cant talk back anyways;)

LMAO gangtard boi speaks up for gangtarding!  News at 11!  I guess when you say controling a dogfight, u mean come in with alt while the fellas fighting another plane?  :rofl

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Carwash

• Copper Member
Running
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2007, 02:40:31 PM »
Originally posted by Lusche
I do get called names for similar behaviour sometimes, but people often ignore the overall situation in MA. I'm not very eager to continue a dance I can't bring to a quick  conclusion if I see several enemy cons appearing. No reason to assume they will stay out...

Exactly right.  You get low and slow in the MA and you're not gonna make it back to base, or someone else is gonna come in with E and steal your kill.  The other day I had a cool 1 v. 1 going on, just about the time I had saddled up on this guy, BAM, someone blew in and finished him.  Thank you very much.  If you want to fight like this then fine, just realize what you are getting into.  I like to furball every now and then, but I prefer to pick my fights (cherry picker) and land my kills (runtard).  Sticks and stones....

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Running
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2007, 02:49:14 PM »
Dont listen to this retard, hes one of the ones that wants to fight HIS fight they they were talking about. The whole point to winning a dogfight is to control the fight and make him do what u want him to do. So of coarse people are going to get ill when u wont do what they want u to do and then die.

That is where vulch tard, hoer, and runner all come into play, Fact is it is a 3d world and anything can happen.

Fight your own fight, remember dead men really cant talk back anyways;)

Using what Warlock wrote as an example.  This is how he approaches the game.  Is it the correct way?  It is for him, and in the end that's all that matters.  He nailed me twice last night flying that way.  And yes he was controlling his fight, which is his choice.  Neither time was I fighting him, but he got me while I was fighting others.  I'm not condemning his style, as that's his choice.  It isn't my choice.  I think I saw him land 13 kills of which I was two, flying that way which was in a larger crowd, higher, and picking on the edges on guys who were already in with other planes.  He clearly uses his choice of flying style well.

Is it the only way?  Nope.  For me the bigger challenge is to try and fight from the disadvantage.  While I 'die" more often there is also great satisfaction in those flights where you beat the odds.  Since no one is really dying and planes are free I look at it as the way to go.

Bottom line is the game is big enough for lots of styles of flying, many of which that will draw the anger of others.  You have to do what you have fun doing.  I'd have kept turning in that Jug on the deck just to see how long I could have lasted.  I know there are Jug drivers who do that amazingly well down low, and I know they've gotten that good by taking the chance to challenge themselves instead of sticking to what's easiest and 'safest'.   I ran into a P40 last night that was turning on a dime in the crowd.  He was amazing in what he was making that early war bird do in the mass of Latewar uber rides.  Again, the only way to get that good is to die a little in the process of learning.

But fly how you want to fly.  Don't worry about what other folks say about it.  As long as you are having fun, nothing else should matter.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline FBplmmr

• Silver Member
Running
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2007, 03:26:27 PM »
If you start it..finish it.

You will get a new plane if you mess up:aok

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Running
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2007, 03:31:10 PM »
Originally posted by B@tfinkV
2) you dive on the hurricane to BnZ him from a possition of saftey, the hurricane has no chance to outrun you. you make repeated boom n zoom attacks but fail to destroy the hurri. eventualy the hurri works off your E and gets 800 behind you. you run away till a friendly comes down on the hurricane then you turn back and gangbang to victory.

answer: runner. you started with every advantage and blew it. You had the chance to attack the hurri forever without being sho at, if you BnZ correctly. realising that you have lost the fight you choose to deny the opponent the kill by running away. end result is nobody gets a kill. far better to bite the bullet and try to fight, giving the hurricane enjoyment after you wasted any chance you had of enjoying killing it.

2)If its a spit16 and s/he is definitely trying to turn fight you and then loses and runs away, then thats a 'run tard'. s/he was trying to fight you with angles and turn fighting manouvers but realised s/he was outclassed, and then ran through a lack of confidence in thier own ability.

I somewhat disagree.  

In the first example above if I was in the Hurri I wouldn't care.  I'd be happy that I turned a disadvantage into an advantage and made the guy run.

If I was the one starting with the advantage, losing it, then extending out I'd be happy enough that I went in, messed with the guy a bit, gave it a shot and still got out alive to go find another fight I could win (or possibly reverse back to this one once I had seperation).

Either way I'd have fun with it.

In the second example above if I'm losing a turn fight I see no reason to have to stay and die when extending is an option.  Getting shot down just isn't that fun for me.  I think recognizing when the fight's going south on you and knowing when and how to extend safely are signs of a skilled pilot.  Anyone can stay and get killed.

That said if you don't ever fight you never learn.  You don't want to be a coward but you don't want to be foolishly aggressive either.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Running
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2007, 04:13:09 PM »
Originally posted by Lusche

quick conclusion for you: get shot down and re-up :)

if not you are running away.

The true question though....Do you feel shamed for being called a 'run-tard'?

if the answer is no then just carry on enjoying your running.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline WaRLoCkL

• Nickel Member
      • http://elitebf2aces.net
Running
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2007, 04:21:02 PM »
Honestly I dont GANG, guppy was right i did kill him twice while involved in another fight, but he was on someones six, I saved my teamaits LIFE, if thats ganging then I guess i GANG.

oh and GUPPY Skyrock was 2 of my kills and Fester in his 262 was the other one;)

I fly no different than alot of other people. I also dont fly Attack to keep my Fighter score up when I am in furballs.

Fact is Skyrock is mad because I have been owning him in his little cherry picker 4 hog latly, and owned him countless times yesterday.

Some people cant take a dose of their own medicine.

My whole point is FLY YOUR OWN FIGHT. And ignore these weenies with there little gangtard, hoing banter,

Skyrock proved my original point on this thread.

Once again WWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa

P.S. If anyone would like to donate to the Buy SKYROCK a pacifiar fund let me know. Maybe if he has something in his mouth he cant talk and wont sound so stupid.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Running
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2007, 04:23:46 PM »
Originally posted by BaldEagl
Anyone can stay and get killed.

forgive my selective quoting i wanted to focus on these points.

firstly, yes, anyone can stay and get killed. but only at first. after a while some player stay and kill all enemy in the unfair fight then fly home in peace. when they first tried this they just 'stayed and got killed' but they knew next fight they would do a little better.
what the runner does is throw away the chance to improve, the next fight they have like the one they just ran from will go the same, and the next, untill that one time they decide to stay and fight.
There are many guys i fly with that refuse to RTB untill they have run out of ammo, fuel, or enemy targets, and these guys are the most skilled in all areas of the air game in ah2.

You don't want to be a coward but you don't want to be foolishly aggressive either.

umm....infact that is exactly what you should want to be, foolishly aggressive sounds just about right when i think of someone like blukitty or leviathn, they actualy fly out and put themselves in harms way and call it fun, and after so long enjoying this they also defeat these outnumbering odds.
this was how the game used to be played by 90% when i first started flying online. now most who fly in AH2 are 'smart flying' and only a few core furballers who always fight to win or die.

bat
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Running
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2007, 04:27:40 PM »
Snip

*Grabs lawn chair and cooler*

This should get good now.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
Running
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2007, 04:33:20 PM »
Honestly I dont GANG, guppy was right i did kill him twice while involved in another fight, but he was on someones six, I saved my teamaits LIFE, if thats ganging then I guess i GANG.

oh and GUPPY Skyrock was 2 of my kills and Fester in his 262 was the other one;)

I fly no different than alot of other people. I also dont fly Attack to keep my Fighter score up when I am in furballs.

Fact is Skyrock is mad because I have been owning him in his little cherry picker 4 hog latly, and owned him countless times yesterday.

Some people cant take a dose of their own medicine.

My whole point is FLY YOUR OWN FIGHT. And ignore these weenies with there little gangtard, hoing banter,

Skyrock proved my original point on this thread.

Once again WWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa

P.S. If anyone would like to donate to the Buy SKYROCK a pacifiar fund let me know. Maybe if he has something in his mouth he cant talk and wont sound so stupid.

WarlockL--

Reread your post.
Read Guppy's post.

The difference is obvious, and the source is simple: one shows class and maturity, the other doesn't. One shows an attitude that will make people respect you, the other sounds like it was written by a chest thumping self absorbed 10 year old.

If you really want to be respected in the community, you need to develop some class...because without class, you are just another joystick twitching nebbish.

And no one likes, or respects, a nebbish.  

(nebbish definition   I really like that word all of a sudden.)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 04:50:17 PM by Simaril »
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
Running
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2007, 04:42:38 PM »
I fly "foolishly aggressive".....I die (a lot), but am slowly improving. I will also be on the edge of the fight, calling out cons locations, giving check 6's etc .........but just cant break the habit of diving in if I'm close enough to annoy someone off of my "countryman".....I rarely run (unless I've lost a bit of wing..which seems to be happening quite a lot recently.....and then only to see if I can make it back lol...)... I should really learn better (the squad I'm in are helping me out a load...but the learning curve on this game is somewhat steep).
As for ch 200....I tune to it, give salutes to those that shoot me down (I spend a lot of time doing that lol...) and dont lose any sleep over whats said on it........that said, I have seen a lot of attacks on Skyrock on it.........a lot of which are, imo, unwarrented......(dont know the history on a lot of them, and frankly, dont much care....).......anyway, just me 0.2c's worth.....

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Running
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2007, 05:03:21 PM »

And as I said, if that's your choice in how to fly so be it.  As long as you are having fun that's all that matters.  The fact that you killed me twice in the same fight illustrates the point.  There was a huge crowd vulching our base.  To get out over the water to fight was an accomplishment in itself.  You were using your alt advantage and numbers advantage to control when you jumped in.  I was low and slow in a turning fight both times and you got me.  Good for you :)  In that situation there was never any time where you were at risk as you controlled all the variables.

I was flying with you to start that fight.  I chose to go to the low numbers side as there was no joy for me in being a part of such a large crowd that had the all the advantages.

Prior to moving to Knits, 5 of us had gone elsewhere to start a fight in hopes of it being more even.  As soon as we started it, the mob came over and killed it the same as they'd done at the field prior to that.

If that's what's fun for them, so be it.

No one's life was saved because no one lost their life.  That's a difference in our approach.  Again, if that's your style, have fun.  I'll not tell you to change it.  

As far as score goes, I don't even know what I'm scoring as.  I'm pretty sure it's fighter but who cares.  it's just a number.  Flying below the crowd in a larger midwar bird, is hardly a thing to do if points made a difference to me.  That you are concerned with that, again is your business, and if it's part of what brings you some satisfaction to the game, more power to ya.

Your preference is to hold all the advantagous cards when you fly.  That's your choice and makes you enjoy the game, so go for it.  

I'm happiest below the mob, fighting on the defensive in a less then uber bird.  Both ways of playing are fine.  I don't enjoy yours, and you don't like mine.  But as long as we're both content, that's all that matters :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline WaRLoCkL

• Nickel Member
      • http://elitebf2aces.net
Running
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2007, 05:15:03 PM »
Originally posted by SkyRock
LMAO gangtard boi speaks up for gangtarding!  News at 11!  I guess when you say controling a dogfight, u mean come in with alt while the fellas fighting another plane?  :rofl

This is what my point was. I did not disagree with guppy at all in his post.

I agree with him Completly, my point of response was directed to someone that had to ONCE AGAIN start bashing a thread instead of posting his opinion.

Talking about killing fester in his 262 was not chest thumping, but hell everyone knows if u kill fester in his 262 its time to jump up and down with joy. Any 262 for that matter.

I am not ignorant, read the original post and what it was about, and the guys that even said there would be people calling them gang tards, hoers and the likes.

And then of coarse the biggest mouth on 200 comes in here and does exacly what everyone said they would do, and since it was Directed SOULY at me, I decided to retourt with a reply.

I like the Diversity of flying patterns in this game, that is how u can almost tell who someone is when u see a plane. I can tell u when Trikky, Miamiace, AKAK, and quit a few others are around just by the way they fly.

Diversity is what makes this game great, and for people to judge how others fly is almost racist in a way. It is like saying conform to me or u shall be judged.

See I have the ability to use big words and talk sophisticated, but when talking to people that most often act like children, then u might as well speak in a language they can understand.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Running
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2007, 05:17:56 PM »
Honestly I dont GANG,

Liar.

I fly no different than alot of other people. I also dont fly Attack to keep my Fighter score up when I'm in furballs.

You don't fight in furballs, you gang and cherry in them.

LMAO, bro, you couldn't own me on your best day.  You have been jumping me lately, maybe because I've been in the mood to fight hordlets and you are king of the cherry picker hordlet types, but ownage only occurs when you reverse the advantage, and you have not done that..........ever.  On the other hand, I have some really nice films of you coming in with the advantage on me and leaving via a trip to the tower!  By the way, keep on with the ankle humping, it really does fit you well!

PS, you totally missed what Corky was saying, :rofl :lol

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"