Author Topic: Memorable Spawn Campers  (Read 2553 times)

Offline MajIssue

• Silver Member
      • "False Prophets"
Memorable Spawn Campers
« on: December 07, 2007, 10:15:28 AM »
This sounds like an oxymoron (squeekers look it up) but it seems there is alot that goes into a "good" spawn camp... As much as I hate upping into a camped spawn, I can't argue with the effectiveness in keeping gvs away from a base or port by camping the spawn point. Dr7 and Lynx stick out in my memory as do Rondar and Wonder. Who is your "King or Queen" of spawn camping?

My question (please ignore wether it is good or bad to camp a spawn because we've all see 'em) is what goes into an effective spawn camp and what is the "best" way to break one up short of a hoard decending on the spawn point?
X.O. False Prophets
Altitude is Life
If you keep ignoring "Wife Ack" it will go away.

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
Memorable Spawn Campers
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 10:29:34 AM »
Originally posted by MajIssue
...My question ....what is the "best" way to break one up short of a hoard decending on the spawn point?

Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Memorable Spawn Campers
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 10:37:15 AM »
and what is the "best" way to break one up short of a hoard decending on the spawn point?

Bombs.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
Memorable Spawn Campers
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 10:38:34 AM »
I have been dive bombed by lancs when spawn camping..  Worked for a short period of time...  

Pretty gamey though..

I prefer the F6F..  doesn't brake the spawn, but racks lots of kills up..
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 11:02:47 AM by Scca »
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Rondar

• Nickel Member
Memorable Spawn Campers
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 10:42:24 AM »
Hmmmm  an effective spawn camp.  Well, for me, I do bring marshmellows and Shawk has promised to bring the hot chocolate this winter.:rofl
To understand true love, lock your dog and your wife in the trunk of your car for an hour and then see which one is glad to see you when you come back

Offline P47Gra

• Copper Member
Memorable Spawn Campers
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2007, 11:10:25 AM »
DR7

Me
My son NastyP47 is making an art out of it
Ironic can camp with the best of them

Offline kamilyun

• Silver Member
Memorable Spawn Campers
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2007, 11:12:49 AM »
Dive bombing spawn campers in Lancs is gamey?  No more gamey than sitting behind an arbitrary magical spawn point and plinking the hapless souls.

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
Memorable Spawn Campers
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2007, 11:19:18 AM »
DR7
XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***

Offline LivrLips

• Zinc Member
Memorable Spawn Campers
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2007, 11:21:56 AM »
My vote goes to Hooter, glad I don't have to face him, as I play the Knight side.  Honorable mentions to DR7, Rondar, and Wonder
LivrLips tour 88 to 176
HolyMoly tour 179 to 180
Currently flying as 99Loco

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
Memorable Spawn Campers
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2007, 11:22:47 AM »
me and CHISEL
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
Memorable Spawn Campers
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2007, 11:34:24 AM »
Originally posted by Scca
I have been dive bombed by lancs when spawn camping..  Worked for a short period of time...  

Pretty gamey though..

I prefer the F6F..  doesn't brake the spawn, but racks lots of kills up..

The HellKitty is my choice for popping tops on tin cans!:aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
Memorable Spawn Campers
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2007, 11:35:05 AM »
I go get a plane and egg the guy. That usually ends the camp.

~AoM~

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Memorable Spawn Campers
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2007, 11:36:30 AM »
This sounds like an oxymoron (squeekers look it up) but it seems there is alot that goes into a "good" spawn camp... As much as I hate upping into a camped spawn, I can't argue with the effectiveness in keeping gvs away from a base or port by camping the spawn point. Dr7 and Lynx stick out in my memory as do Rondar and Wonder. Who is your "King or Queen" of spawn camping?

My question (please ignore wether it is good or bad to camp a spawn because we've all see 'em) is what goes into an effective spawn camp and what is the "best" way to break one up short of a hoard decending on the spawn point?

hmm I never remember spawn campers.... nothing impressive about it.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
Memorable Spawn Campers
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2007, 11:48:11 AM »
Its easy. Just program the game to spawn GVs to different points around the actual spawn point. You can even make it random.

Im learning as I go along. So spawn camping is another neat little trick for the score potatos to up their rank right? Sort of like flying exactly 18 bomber sorties a month and finding a way to turn it into a top 10 bomber rating every month?:lol

I dont blame the people doing it. People will always find a way around anything, especially somthing as important as their cartoon rank in a cartoon war game. But AH should fix this. All camping does is ruin many a good potential fight. I got clipped 4 times in a row once before I realized what some nitwit was doing.

Exactly how does camping enhance the game and why would AH allow it?
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Memorable Spawn Campers
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2007, 12:08:24 PM »
Spawn camping allows people to sit in one spot, do nothing, and get kills easily. It allows small groups of people to sit in one spot, do nothing, and rack up lots of kills. It's sort of like IRC, with artillery pieces.

Look at total kills per tour, Rich. Spawncamping is probably the single most popular activity, because it requires almost no skill- no SA, no complicated maneuvers, no extensive training required, no knowledge required of aircraft capabilities, weapon ranges, fuel states... it's vulching for the hopelessly inept.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech