Author Topic: Nothing to see here, move along  (Read 5261 times)

Offline mg1942

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
OMG I just saw an obama commercial...
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2008, 08:07:08 PM »
Originally posted by Captain Virgil Hilts
The thing is, he doesn't SAY anything. It's just empty words. Smoke and mirrors. He has no record to speak of, other than being the single most liberal left wing member of Congress.

J.F.K. too?
he's also 1 term senator from MA.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2008, 08:11:00 PM »
Originally posted by mg1942
J.F.K. too?

Best thing dads money could buy.
See Rule #4

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2008, 08:20:14 PM »
Originally posted by SteveBailey
You're right that he is extremely liberal.  However, from my observations, many people are willing to vote for him based simply on the fact that they like him.  His campaign for change has appeal on the surface although is has no substance.

Liberals, and those who don't bother to consider substance will probably flock to his banner.

let him win the primary and then see how much everybody like's him
it wont be pretty!
democrats= the party that snatches defeat from the jaws of victory more than any other, same thing this time i bet:aok
Flying since tour 71.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2008, 08:22:50 PM »
I thought I was watching a Tony Powers video for stupid people.
====
And thats exactly what it was :cry
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2008, 08:23:24 PM »
Originally posted by cav58d
Fox News has actually done one good thing lately.  They were interviewing a group of dems listening in on one of the debates, and there was majority support for Obama.  One of the anchors asks them why they like Obama, and to name one specific thing he has done.  Guess what?  Not a single person could name one accomplishments.  They are voting for a guy because he has a nice personality, or so people say.

ugh.

Deja Vu.......same thing was said about a nobody from Arkansas. Nice guy. Good looks. People voted for him because he looked and sounded good on camera. Talked about change...no specifics...but he felt everybodies PAIN...along with thier daughters in the closet so the stories went.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2008, 08:47:33 PM »
The rascal is a plagiarist. He stole those lines from the Miss America Contest

:lol

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2008, 08:49:43 PM »
This is how I see the Dems. They have elitist who are followed by the ignorant. McCain caught onto this and it seems to work quite well.

Ooops, I guess that makes the Republicants very similar.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2008, 08:52:04 PM »
obama, "we are going to change this country and then we are going to change the world", but he never says exactly what changes are going to happen.

obama is all hat and no horse. But the DNC has put him on the fast track.

The blacks will vote for him because he is black, the young people will vote for him because it will be cool to vote for a black president, and the liberals will vote for him because they are liberals.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2008, 08:53:48 PM »
Originally posted by mg1942
J.F.K. too?

I liked JFK! The last half way good democrat. He was a social liberal but a fiscal conservative. He didn't want to got to Nam. It was Johnson who did that and then passed all those horrible entitlement programs in Kennedy's name. Shameless!!

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: OMG I just saw an obama commercial...
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2008, 08:57:31 PM »
Originally posted by JB73
do people REALLY buy that ****?

"we can Save the Planet"

"we can give health care to everyone"

"we can... "

Oh my God I thought I was watching a Tony Powers video for stupid people.

I have to live through 9 more months of this crap?? :furious :mad:

Saving the planet is a Marxist ideal? Are you sure you're making him less palatable?

;)

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2008, 08:58:31 PM »
Originally posted by john9001

The blacks will vote for him because he is black, the young people will vote for him because it will be cool to vote for a black president,

Just out of curiosity, how old are you? Im not trying to insult you or anything, Im just wondering. It seems that past generations haven't gotten past the novelty stage (one reason so many women are voting for Hillary Clinton), but, out of all honesty, the majority of those in my peer group (that I know, obviously I cant speak for everyone) see the two candidates as, well, candidates, not as a woman candidate and a black candidate. Obviously the majority of the voters are older, and will based on race/sex, but I honestly dont think the younger generation(s) will.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 09:01:29 PM by Motherland »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2008, 08:58:49 PM »
Originally posted by Bronk
Best thing dads money could buy.

Leave W outa this. ;)

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2008, 09:11:29 PM »
Originally posted by Motherland
Just out of curiosity, how old are you? Im not trying to insult you or anything, Im just wondering. It seems that past generations haven't gotten past the novelty stage (one reason so many women are voting for Hillary Clinton), but, out of all honesty, the majority of those in my peer group (that I know, obviously I cant speak for everyone) see the two candidates as, well, candidates, not as a woman candidate and a black candidate. Obviously the majority of the voters are older, and will based on race/sex, but I honestly dont think the younger generation(s) will.

i would vote for the best person for the job, doesnt matter if it's a woman, black, Hispanic, Mormon, Catholic, Evangelical, Italian or even (gasp) a democrat.

you however will play the race card or the gender card or the religion card and claim to be just voting for the person.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2008, 09:13:26 PM »
Originally posted by john9001
i would vote for the best person for the job, doesnt matter if it's a woman, black, Hispanic, Mormon, Catholic, Evangelical, Italian or even (gasp) a democrat.

you however will play the race card or the gender card or the religion card and claim to be just voting for the person.

I never accused you voting based on race, but I doubt your opinion that young people will vote for Obama because voting for a black person is 'cool', for the reasons I outlined in my post.

I also pointed out that it is the older generations, statistically, that vote based on sex and race.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 09:15:52 PM by Motherland »

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2008, 09:21:35 PM »
well, i think you are wrong.